Someday, We Might Just Listen to What They Say about Themselves...

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Don’t hold your breath[/quote]

Bill Maher, who is probably hated by most, if not all, right wingers showed Islam as an intolerant religion of violence in his movie “Religulous.” (If you like religion then don’t watch that movie because you’ll just get upset. He takes shots at all religions in that one, including one that you may like.)

In his interviews with Muslim leaders he repeatedly asked whether Islam commanded a violent jihad. They all responded that it was just about “politics.” Yeah, politics motivated by religious ideology. I no longer need convincing that Islam is, indeed, a dangerous and violent system.

I look forward to the day when ALL religions will just go away and be replaced by reason and logic. Perhaps in the next 100 years or so.

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:
<<< Bill Maher, who is probably hated by most, if not all, right wingers showed Islam as an intolerant religion of violence in his movie “Religulous.” (If you like religion then don’t watch that movie because you’ll just get upset. He takes shots at all religions in that one, including one that you may like.) [/quote]Surely you jest man. That is one movie definitely on my must see list, but I’ve seen maybe 3 movies in the last year so I haven’t seen it yet. No time. You don’t understand saving faith my friend. I have no fear of or resentment toward Bill Maher. None whatsoever. He is doing exactly what I would expect.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

<<< Bill Maher, who is probably hated by most, if not all, right wingers showed Islam as an intolerant religion of violence in his movie “Religulous.” (If you like religion then don’t watch that movie because you’ll just get upset. He takes shots at all religions in that one, including one that you may like.) [/quote]Surely you jest man. That is one movie definitely on my must see list, but I’ve seen maybe 3 movies in the last year so I haven’t seen it yet. No time. You don’t understand saving faith my friend. I have no fear of or resentment toward Bill Maher. None whatsoever. He is doing exactly what I would expect.

[/quote]

I’ll post a link to the movie where you can watch it in its entirety at no cost. The mods may not let it through since it is technically a copyright infringement, and if they delete it I would understand. But FWIW, here’s the link.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3791007322683758535#

[quote]pushharder wrote:

…I look forward to the day when ALL religions will just go away and be replaced by reason and logic…[/quote]

Yeah, replace the forms of religion that YOU don’t like with the one you do - humanism.[/quote]

These are both strawman arguments. A lack of belief, or a questioning of a belief, in some type of Divine Being is not a religion. It is simply a lack of belief - nothing more. I fail to see how this is a religion. And I’ll tell you why - ask any atheist or agnostic and I bet that the vast majority of them, if not every single one of them, would say that they would change their minds if presented with solid, irrefutable evidence of the existence of a Divine Being. The difference is that we want to KNOW rather than just take it on faith. And we will not be bullied or scared into believing with claims that we’re going to hell.

Like I said before - I don’t just want to believe, I want to KNOW. Present solid and irrefutable evidence of the existence of a Divine Being and I will change my mind. Simple. But there is no such evidence. Believers like to say that the existence of the universe proves that God exists. Not necessarily. It is possible that the universe was just always here. We don’t know for sure. And that’s just it - we simply don’t know yet how everything started and may never know. Many people are uncomfortable with not knowing so they fill in the gaps of knowledge by saying “God did it.” This is the God of the gaps fallacy.

Religion is based on faith and belief, not evidence. No matter how strong your belief in God, you don’t KNOW that God exists. You can’t. No one can. Reason and logic, however, require some evidence in order to accept a proposition. Most believers accept this and are comfortable with it. In fact, I’ve read things to the effect that evidence of a Divine Being would somehow ruin the “gift of faith” that believers have supposedly been given. That’s fine. I did not receive that gift. Instead, I received a double dose of skepticism.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Don’t hold your breath[/quote]

Bill Maher, who is probably hated by most, if not all, right wingers showed Islam as an intolerant religion of violence in his movie “Religulous.” (If you like religion then don’t watch that movie because you’ll just get upset. He takes shots at all religions in that one, including one that you may like.)

In his interviews with Muslim leaders he repeatedly asked whether Islam commanded a violent jihad. They all responded that it was just about “politics.” Yeah, politics motivated by religious ideology. I no longer need convincing that Islam is, indeed, a dangerous and violent system.

I look forward to the day when ALL religions will just go away and be replaced by reason and logic. Perhaps in the next 100 years or so.[/quote]

Good thing Aquinas wasn’t religious. :wink:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Bottom line is your anti-religion IS a religion in and of itself.[/quote]

No it isn’t.

And back to the original topic, news should be new. The fact that Islam is a religion of war and conquest is no great secret.

Muslims are a version of the Nazis, where a mystical leader commands a death-worship ideology.
Many people tried to deal with the Nazis and most of them died. Most of the people who try to deal with the Muslim-maniacs will probably die also.

The only solution is to physically remove all Muslims and return them (at their expense) to their native countries, where they can practice their death-wish all they want.

The danger for us is that, in reaction to the increasing danger from Islam, we’ll have to become pretty nasty ourselves, in order to remove them.

Sean Hannity interviews former Hamas insider turned Israeli Spy

http://gregnmary.gotdns.com:8080/index.php/topic,161.0.html

HAHAHA.

Racism is the belief that race is a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnic discrimination.

An ethnic group is a group of people whose members identify with each other, through a common heritage that is real or assumed. This shared heritage may be based upon putative common ancestry, history, kinship, RELIGION, language, shared territory, nationality or physical appearance.

A 2007 article in Journal of Sociology defines Islamophobia as anti-Muslim racism and a continuation of anti-Asian and anti-Arab racism. (Scott Poynting, Victoria Mason (2007). “The resistible rise of Islamophobia”. Journal of Sociology 43 (1): 61â??86.)

Conclusion : You guys are a bunch of racist…

So are they.

[quote]THE_CLAMP_DOWN wrote:
HAHAHA.[/quote]

I freakin’ EL OH EL’d! Damn that was funny. I have to share this with a few people.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/20100627/NEWS01/6270303/1002/rss

“…They can tell I’m not American. They can tell I’m from an Arab country,” he said. “They just don’t understand Islam.”

“…He admits Montanans have a lot to learn about his Islamic faith, but the ones he has encountered have been nothing but helpful, friendly and welcoming.”

“…She said growing up in Montana’s homogenous population was difficult because of a high level of ignorance and misunderstanding, but for the most part Montanans are just curious.”

"…Amin believes racism stems from this ignorance, and the way to fight it is with education.
“We should require more students in non-diverse areas like Montana to take courses on different cultures and religions,” she said. “That way, instead of fearing the unknown, they will understand it and be more likely to view people of diverse backgrounds in a positive light.”

well golly gee, we be just plain ignant.

[quote]joebassin wrote:
Racism is the belief that race is a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnic discrimination.

An ethnic group is a group of people whose members identify with each other, through a common heritage that is real or assumed. This shared heritage may be based upon putative common ancestry, history, kinship, RELIGION, language, shared territory, nationality or physical appearance.

A 2007 article in Journal of Sociology defines Islamophobia as anti-Muslim racism and a continuation of anti-Asian and anti-Arab racism. (Scott Poynting, Victoria Mason (2007). “The resistible rise of Islamophobia”. Journal of Sociology 43 (1): 61â??86.)

Conclusion : You guys are a bunch of racist…[/quote]

Islam is a religion shared by people of ALL ethnic backgrounds . . . if racism is defined as hating a particular ethnic group, your conclusion is a fail.