T Nation

Some TRT Questions

  1. Does the transdermal work or should I go with injections weekly?

  2. I am going to have a bloodtest done tomorrow. When it comes back, what will be considered a ‘bad’ level of E2? What number is too high aka I need to start taking Anastozole?

  3. Drug testing. I am doing this for health reasons like the rest of us. Just to get levels ‘normal’ (Last test results were a 250 on the testosterone results). The thing is I plan on competing in Olympic lifting meets and surely they are going to test me. From what I understand they can’t test for synthetic testosterone, just levels. Is this correct? if so then no biggie.

Thanks guys.

1, sometimes for some, well for some too. Cost is a huge issue if not covered by insurance.

2, damm, read a little bit on your own

3, now I know why others did not respond to this thread

We are here to talk about TRT and all the effects etc right.? One of which is how TRT will effect a drug test as an athlete.

Now I know I need TRT but I also plan on competeing. Now either some on here are doing the same thing and know how it goes or they dont.

So is this the forum to ask questions about issues like this and get an Intelligent answer or be talked down to like a child?

Answer to OP again:

  1. TD’s work well for some, not for others.
  2. Why haven’t you done any research before you starting asking questions about E2 levels?
  3. This thread is not about how to cheat in Olympic trials, this thread is a support group for non-tested athletes.
  4. Why not ask the medical staff on the Olympic committee what the rules are regarding men on HRT/TRT?
  5. These are intelligent answers and so are KSman’s, if you don’t at least do a little of your own research, you will get talked down to for being lazy. The child inference is strictly your own.
  6. Have a nice day.

The rules likely prohibit HRT if they follow WADA. For what it is worth, I know of a lifter (powerlifting) who recently competed in a tested federation while on HRT. The test came back positive and he’s now been banned.

[quote]burt128 wrote:
The rules likely prohibit HRT if they follow WADA. For what it is worth, I know of a lifter (powerlifting) who recently competed in a tested federation while on HRT. The test came back positive and he’s now been banned. [/quote]

Great, thats what I figured. God forbid we are allowed to get our ranges up to ‘NORMAL’

[quote]KNB wrote:
Answer to OP again:

  1. TD’s work well for some, not for others.
  2. Why haven’t you done any research before you starting asking questions about E2 levels?
  3. This thread is not about how to cheat in Olympic trials, this thread is a support group for non-tested athletes.
  4. Why not ask the medical staff on the Olympic committee what the rules are regarding men on HRT/TRT?
  5. These are intelligent answers and so are KSman’s, if you don’t at least do a little of your own research, you will get talked down to for being lazy. The child inference is strictly your own.
  6. Have a nice day.[/quote]

I guess reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit? Find where I said I was going to the olympic trials. find where I said I was getting into a TRT program to ‘cheat’. I need TRT but still want to be able to compete in sports at the masters level. That is a far cry from ‘trying to cheat at the olympic trials’.

Support group for non tested athletes? Show me where the forum says that in any regard. I thought it was a forum to talk about all things related to people 35+. Those of us who are not lazy and still want to compete, need to get as much info as possible before running into trouble for running a TRT program.

As for the rest of the ignorant crap you spewed, I did research, I was asking a simple question that required a simple answer about a number I should be looking for on a test I have never had done before (E2). Now either people are here to help others or just here to be assholes.

[quote]Brandell wrote:
burt128 wrote:
The rules likely prohibit HRT if they follow WADA. For what it is worth, I know of a lifter (powerlifting) who recently competed in a tested federation while on HRT. The test came back positive and he’s now been banned.

Great, thats what I figured. God forbid we are allowed to get our ranges up to ‘NORMAL’[/quote]

For what it is worth, I suspect the lifter I mentioned was on a higher than normal HRT dose (so perhaps it wasn’t really HRT at all). People’s definition of what is and is not HRT seems to vary.

Bushy’s advice in the other thread was good. To the best of my recollection, most testing uses as 6:1 ratio and I’ve heard some of the powerlifting feds even use less sensitive tests due to cost. Get your HRT protocol stable then do the test to see if you come out “clean.”

Even if you are “clean,” you’re still likely in violation of the rules if your organization follows WADA since it doesn’t make an exception for HRT. At that point, it’s up to you whether you choose to compete or not.

Are you set on Olympic lifting? I ask only because there are a ton of powerlifting federations that don’t test at all…

Nah burt I want to Olympic lift. I will do some research on some other angles to help with the Testosterone levels.

[quote]Brandell wrote:
KNB wrote:
Answer to OP again:

  1. TD’s work well for some, not for others.
  2. Why haven’t you done any research before you starting asking questions about E2 levels?
  3. This thread is not about how to cheat in Olympic trials, this thread is a support group for non-tested athletes.
  4. Why not ask the medical staff on the Olympic committee what the rules are regarding men on HRT/TRT?
  5. These are intelligent answers and so are KSman’s, if you don’t at least do a little of your own research, you will get talked down to for being lazy. The child inference is strictly your own.
  6. Have a nice day.

I guess reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit? Find where I said I was going to the olympic trials. find where I said I was getting into a TRT program to ‘cheat’. I need TRT but still want to be able to compete in sports at the masters level. That is a far cry from ‘trying to cheat at the olympic trials’.

Support group for non tested athletes? Show me where the forum says that in any regard. I thought it was a forum to talk about all things related to people 35+. Those of us who are not lazy and still want to compete, need to get as much info as possible before running into trouble for running a TRT program.

As for the rest of the ignorant crap you spewed, I did research, I was asking a simple question that required a simple answer about a number I should be looking for on a test I have never had done before (E2). Now either people are here to help others or just here to be assholes.[/quote]

My goodness you’re touchy, and you might want to make sure your Estrogen levels are okay. Wait a minute, I’m sorry, anybody with 33 posts already knows so much it’s okay to trash talk the vets here, right? tool…

Hey, If I wanted to hear from an ass I would fart. As for as ‘vets’ on a message board, I am a vet on many. Guess what? It means jack shit.

And last time I checked a guy that is such a ‘vet’ should be able to get his point across without being such an ass, a skillset you have yet to aquire obviously.

Okay, Mr. Jack Shit, whatever you say.

Wow what a ‘veteran’ comeback.

I thought that we had a thread not long ago about dumb behaviour. You two are in time out, be good and you can have some cookies later.

lol do I get milk too?

hmm, fairly entertaining exchange.

[quote]KSman wrote:
1, sometimes for some, well for some too. Cost is a huge issue if not covered by insurance.

2, damm, read a little bit on your own

3, now I know why others did not respond to this thread[/quote]

Wow KS, I never saw you get mean on someone before…