T Nation

Some Training Clips

Here are a few clips of my training

Training Snatches. 80% for doubles

Training Clean and Jerk. 80% for single

Squat PR. 170kg

Enjoy!

Nice work, you pull your lifts really high! LOL @ the background guy’s shorts in the squat video

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
Nice work, you pull your lifts really high! LOL @ the background guy’s shorts in the squat video [/quote]

Thanks!

Yea, my pulls get really high, but I just need to work on locking in under the bar. I can get 95kg past my nipples but I can’t get under it for the life of me.

Yea, his shorts inspired me to do a PR

Hey man, good lifts. Especially the squat, great form. Do you normally drop under the bar like that for your C&J?

Good lifts my man. Outstanding work!

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Hey man, good lifts. Especially the squat, great form. Do you normally drop under the bar like that for your C&J?[/quote]

Thanks!
Yea, generally, that’s what happens.

[quote]Invictica wrote:
Training Clean and Jerk. 80% for single

[/quote]

The squat jerk! Don’t see that very often.

One exercise my coach had me do which helped a lot in developing my clean was to clean from ‘dead hand’ (I may have forgotten the exact terminology).

Basically, with just the bar or no more than 10kg extra, stand up as if you are at the top of the shrug. Up on your tippytoes, with the bar hanging down at your thighs, arms relaxed.

Now, using nothing except for a hard shrug, clean the bar.

What the exercise teaches – forces – you to do is to receive the bar much lower. This will let you lift more weight because it’s easier to go down to the weight then to try and muscle it all the way up.

Erm. Stop me if I’m telling you something you already know :smiley:

Lookin fresh mate. I love the mouth open during the lift. I do that too and get mocked at all times so i figured id pass on the piss taking.

Do you usually rock the pow/push/squat jerks or the split in comps? Which do you find easier? I’m thinking I might see how my power jerk is compared to my split for comping. I doubt my power is any easier.

-chris

Avocado, most people 99%of people will not PJ more then they can split Jerk and this is why the spilt Jerk is so dominate. For most people it’s just easier to lift more. I can PJ 130kg, SJ 145kg. The PJ is much harder to recovery from IF THE LIFT hasn’t gone perfectly. The SJ you can at least try and rush it a bit.

Looks good OP but your not pulling yourself under the bar fast. You have a really high pull so with more speed under the bar you’ll rock biggerw eights easily.

lol @ shorts in the squat video. Sharp eyes dfreezy! Those are pretty dam RIDICULOUS!

Koing

[quote]Avocado wrote:
Lookin fresh mate. I love the mouth open during the lift. I do that too and get mocked at all times so i figured id pass on the piss taking.

Do you usually rock the pow/push/squat jerks or the split in comps? Which do you find easier? I’m thinking I might see how my power jerk is compared to my split for comping. I doubt my power is any easier.

-chris[/quote

Yea, I don’t even notice myself doing that, Naim does it, so I guess we’re on to something.

I’ve only learned power jerk from the start. My coach eliminated the split jerk in our club from like 1998 onwards cause he was around when they went from the Split Snatch to Squat Snatch. He figured the rest of the world would follow suit. But when there are world Champions breaking records with the split jerk, it’s hard to get a country to change. Biomechanically, the Power Jerk will allow you to lift more weight, it’s simple physics. But unless it’s taught on a regular basis, it’s hard to see its real world affect.

[quote]Koing wrote:
Avocado, most people 99%of people will not PJ more then they can split Jerk and this is why the spilt Jerk is so dominate. For most people it’s just easier to lift more. I can PJ 130kg, SJ 145kg. The PJ is much harder to recovery from IF THE LIFT hasn’t gone perfectly. The SJ you can at least try and rush it a bit.

Looks good OP but your not pulling yourself under the bar fast. You have a really high pull so with more speed under the bar you’ll rock biggerw eights easily.

lol @ shorts in the squat video. Sharp eyes dfreezy! Those are pretty dam RIDICULOUS!

Koing[/quote]

Yea my speed under the bar is a big limiting factor for me in both the clean and the snatch. My coach says it’ll come with time, since the speed will come as a matter of necessity when the weights get bigger. I can already feel myself moving quicker when I go to 100kg+.

[quote]Invictica wrote:
Avocado wrote:

-chris[/quote

Yea, I don’t even notice myself doing that, Naim does it, so I guess we’re on to something.

I’ve only learned power jerk from the start. My coach eliminated the split jerk in our club from like 1998 onwards cause he was around when they went from the Split Snatch to Squat Snatch. He figured the rest of the world would follow suit. But when there are world Champions breaking records with the split jerk, it’s hard to get a country to change. Biomechanically, the Power Jerk will allow you to lift more weight, it’s simple physics. But unless it’s taught on a regular basis, it’s hard to see its real world affect.

Koing wrote:

Koing

Yea my speed under the bar is a big limiting factor for me in both the clean and the snatch. My coach says it’ll come with time, since the speed will come as a matter of necessity when the weights get bigger. I can already feel myself moving quicker when I go to 100kg+.
[/quote]

Indeed it comes with time and conditioning. I wasn’t that fast when I started but I’m a lot faster and more aggressive under the bar.

Watch a lot of videos and you’ll notice INSANE speed of Elite lifters. Pretty dam amazing when it’s at limit also.

Hang Cleans will help you get faster under the bar.

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:
Watch a lot of videos and you’ll notice INSANE speed of Elite lifters. Pretty dam amazing when it’s at limit also.
[/quote]

Indeed, Kakhiashvili always comes to mind when I think mindboggling speed under the bar:

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
Koing wrote:

Indeed, Kakhiashvili always comes to mind when I think mindboggling speed under the bar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhmAPrbbZTM [/quote]

He hugely cut the pull short imo on that one! But yes he is SAVAGELY FAST under the bar :smiley: Sick PJ buckling him and him sticking it :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5yifpd3RBQ
Koing

Yea, you really don’t know how fast you are til you watch a video of yourself. I"m like a slug compared to Sagir on the snatch

[quote]Koing wrote:
He hugely cut the pull short imo on that one! But yes he is SAVAGELY FAST under the bar :smiley: Sick PJ buckling him and him sticking it :smiley:
[/quote]

Well as a normal person would miss a clean from cutting his pull, Kakhi set a C&J WR. Must be nice…

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
Koing wrote:

Well as a normal person would miss a clean from cutting his pull, Kakhi set a C&J WR. Must be nice…[/quote]

People make a big deal out of cutting the pull short but I think as long as you get under it why does it really matter? More so when your doing it to Jerk a PB or WR in Kakhi’s instance!

The Clean is a means to an end for the OLifter that competes.

The only issue is that you could possibly Clean more weight to maybe try for a bigger Jerk.

Koing

That Sagir snatch above is incredible