Some People Really Freaking Suck

http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/09/06/st-louis-area-comic-fans-be-on-alert-for-stolen-superman-items/

"Meyer said mostly only his friends and family knew of his collection, but he also made the mistake once of telling someone less trustworthy: a guy named Gary whom he worked with at the Hardeeâ??s on Madison Avenue in 1991.

Meyer said he ran into Gary recently while at Kyleâ??s Baseball Cards and Comics in Granite City. Gary asked Meyer whether he still collected Superman items and asked to see the collection. Meyer first gave an excuse, but then Gary called him later saying he was in the neighborhood and hoped to stop by.

â??He just kept talking like a salesman,â?? Meyer said. â??He wouldnâ??t take no for an answer.â??

Meyer said he let Gary into the house that day and gave him a quick tour. Gary asked to see â??my most precious comics,â?? Meyer said.

The next night, Gary was back again, asking whether Meyer would let Garyâ??s girlfriend watch some of his Superman movies. Meyer said while he and the girlfriend watched, Gary disappeared for a while.

Meyer noticed the theft two days later, on the morning of Aug. 24, and called police. All he knows is that Gary has dark hair, a goatee, is about 35 and drives a silver or gray car."

Sadly most of my collection was destroyed in my house fire 2yrs ago, but I have a few action figures I still have MIB that I will be sending to Mke. This just really tears me up especially since it sounds like it’s more sentimental as far as his collection goes and not about the worth.

that’s shitty

That’s fucked. This Gary guy is the biggest douche in the world.

If Gary was an ex-colleague, surely someone is able to track him down. Bet he’s on FB.

[quote]roybot wrote:
If Gary was an ex-colleague, surely someone is able to track him down. Bet he’s on FB.[/quote]

It was over 5yrs they where coworkers and HR doesn’t usually keep records that long. It looks like the call went out to all the local comic stores and hopefully they catch this ass while he tries to score a quick buck. I hope his nasty ass girlfriend get’s raped by a curling iron as well

Holy fuck…who would sink so low as to steal comics from a kid like that?

[quote]Nards wrote:
Holy fuck…who would sink so low as to steal comics from a kid like that?[/quote]

Nards you idiot! Go back and read a little more closely this time…the guy was mentally handicapped! Dumb shit, your joke backfired.

Chill. It’s only comics. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to survive. You don’t know Gary’s story. Losing luxury material possessions really isn’t that big of a deal.

[quote]cct wrote:
Chill. It’s only comics. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to survive. You don’t know Gary’s story. Losing luxury material possessions really isn’t that big of a deal.[/quote]

I don’t think you’re going to get any positive reactions from that post.

He is mentally handicapped, he was trusting that guy and he got robbed. It’s just material stuff, but I’m sure that for him they are like a treasure. It’s the entire thing that is very bad.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
If Gary was an ex-colleague, surely someone is able to track him down. Bet he’s on FB.[/quote]

It was over 5yrs they where coworkers and HR doesn’t usually keep records that long. It looks like the call went out to all the local comic stores and hopefully they catch this ass while he tries to score a quick buck. I hope his nasty ass girlfriend get’s raped by a curling iron as well[/quote]

What I mean is…they know he’s an ex co-worker, where he worked, and the year they worked together. Somebody must have a handle on the guy’s full name at least without having to rifle through employment records.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]cct wrote:
Chill. It’s only comics. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to survive. You don’t know Gary’s story. Losing luxury material possessions really isn’t that big of a deal.[/quote]

He is mentally handicapped, he was trusting that guy and he got robbed. It’s just material stuff, but I’m sure that for him they are like a treasure. It’s the entire thing that is very bad. [/quote]
This and if you had read the article it states that most of the swiped stuff wasn’t in great shape for collectors but for this guy they where his most prized possession.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]cct wrote:

He is mentally handicapped, he was trusting that guy and he got robbed. It’s just material stuff, but I’m sure that for him they are like a treasure. It’s the entire thing that is very bad. [/quote]
This and if you had read the article it states that most of the swiped stuff wasn’t in great shape for collectors but for this guy they where his most prized possession.[/quote]

Agreed. These are sentimental items that together may not even equal 5 grand.

You have to be pretty low to take advantage of someone like that…but the truth is, that is the way the world works. I would like to think that most people aren’t like that…but they probably are, just in smaller ways than stealing some guy’s whole comic collection.

Damn first Gary is pummeling 16 yr olds and then he turns around and steals from the mentally handicapped? Someone really needs to teach this guy a lesson.

http://nerdbastards.com/2011/09/16/superman-scumbag-thief-arrested-justice-is-served/

Update the asshole was caught after trying to take rob a 76yr old man. This is a special type of creep he can only prey on the extremely weak

Great news.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Great news.[/quote]

Nice to see you in a thread about sucking.

wink

The way you say it…

Ehehehehe…

I’m all charm waves hair

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
http://nerdbastards.com/2011/09/16/superman-scumbag-thief-arrested-justice-is-served/

Update the asshole was caught after trying to take rob a 76yr old man. This is a special type of creep he can only prey on the extremely weak[/quote]

Awesome. :slight_smile:

More news the criminal is getting six years, he was caught because he beat up a 76yr old man who he was going to work for. I’m sure the gentlemen at the prison he goes to will give him a warm reception stealing from the mentally handicap and beating up old men he’s sure to be a prize