Some Of My Favorite Bruce Lee Aphorisms.

It’s about time I let you guys know why I am so impressed by Bruce Lee. There are so many aphorisms I know of by Bruce but I want to share with you some of the ones I think are very much relevant to lifting.

Talking and Listening - Most people can talk without listening. Very few can listen without talking. It is very rare that people can talk and listen.

Action is a highroad to self-esteem - Action is a highroad to self-confidence and esteem. Where it is open, all energies flow towards it. It comes readily to most people, and its rewards are tangible.

The reward of doing - the doer alone learns.

There is action mentally and physically - Mental “motion” is present with every physical action.

The will to succeed - It’s the will that makes men - success takes perseverance.

To help one’s neighbor - If every man would help his neighbor, no man would be without help.

A practical dreamer - Be a practical dreamer backed by action.

Enrich your understanding - Don’t be in a hurry to “fix” things; rather, enrich your understanding in the ever going process of discovery and finding more the cause of your ignorance.

There are always obstacles on the road to achievement - Believe me that in every big thing or achievement there are always obstacles, big or small, and the reaction one shows to such obstacles is what counts, not the obstacle itself. There is no such thing as defeat until you admit so yourself, but not until then!

Something for something - There is only something for something, never something for nothing.

More work equals more rewards - It’s the law of averages put in more, come out with more.

Aim at perfection in all endeavors - Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable; however, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much closer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.

Refuse to stay down - In Chinese variety stores we have a weighted dog, like your weighted clowns, which points out a moral: " fall down nine times, but rise again ten times." To refuse to be cast down, that is the lesson.

Don’t fear failure - Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is even glorious to fail.

Not to thread hijack…but I’ve always meant to ask, what’s up with your avatar? Where did that come from?

[quote]JPCleary wrote:
Not to thread hijack…but I’ve always meant to ask, what’s up with your avatar? Where did that come from?[/quote]

Agreed, always wanted to ask. It’s a bit unsettling. This is coming from a guy who’s avatar is a dog who rapes people.

It’s from some stupid commercial called Crazy Frog.

Original video:

Stupid remix with the 2 wimps (apparantly there are multiple videos of these fags):

Oh god I forgot how much I despise that fucked up frog…

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
It’s from some stupid commercial called Crazy Frog.

Original video:

Stupid remix with the 2 wimps (apparantly there are multiple videos of these fags):

Damn it! I shouldn’t have asked…'cause now I can tell what those two little fags are screaming in his avatar.

Just goes to show you… Sometimes you just shouldn’t ask :slight_smile:

Not sure if you can call two eight year old kids wimps, but they’re definitely gay. Not sure if it’s been done before but it’s about time someone took the Beverly Hills Cop beat and put it to techno use. It’s Axletastic!

What the fuck is wrong with you idiots?
Two kids having fun while dancing to some music?
You guys are pretty fucking hardcore.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
You guys are pretty fucking hardcore.[/quote]

i’m so hardcore i had sex with chuck norris’ roundhouse kick

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
legendaryblaze wrote:

i’m so hardcore i had sex with chuck norris’ roundhouse kick[/quote]

Bareback, naturally.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
legendaryblaze wrote:

i’m so hardcore i had sex with chuck norris’ roundhouse kick[/quote]

I bet that was a one time deal.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
JPCleary wrote:
Not to thread hijack…but I’ve always meant to ask, what’s up with your avatar? Where did that come from?

Agreed, always wanted to ask. It’s a bit unsettling. This is coming from a guy who’s avatar is a dog who rapes people.[/quote]

A dog spawned from a giant shakes glove named “hand banana”.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
You guys are pretty fucking hardcore.[/quote]

I have to agree. Wimps? Fags? Gay? Really?

If it was up to some of you, I think this is how you’d prefer every kid was raised:

[quote]counterfeitsoda wrote:

If it was up to some of you, I think this is how you’d prefer every kid was raised:

Instead of relying on a “babysitter”, I full intend to park my future children in front of the TV with Red Dawn looped over and over. I figure anything they will need to know will be in this film…hatred of the reds, self-reliance, deer hunting…it’s all there!

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:

hahahah! I lmao’d.
I think blf pretty much captured the best part of that in the gif image too. love it!

Do you practoce Jeet Kune Do?