Some Nutrition Tips Needed

Guys I’m in need of some help. I’m 15 and have been working out for about 5 months. However, being a teenager I can’t really control any of my meals, I basically just try and make smart choices by not eating junk food and stuff like that. So what tips can you guys give me, and what are some good pre and post workout snacks?

PS: I either workout first thing in the morning or right after school if that makes a difference.

[quote]diseredato wrote:
Guys I’m in need of some help. I’m 15 and have been working out for about 5 months. However, being a teenager I can’t really control any of my meals, I basically just try and make smart choices by not eating junk food and stuff like that. So what tips can you guys give me, and what are some good pre and post workout snacks?

PS: I either workout first thing in the morning or right after school if that makes a difference.[/quote]

Well I’m 17 and I know where your coming from. Try hard to keep track of your calories and if your goal is to get bigger/stronger, try and get a surplus of good, clean caloies. Don’t drink pop or eat too much junk food, once and a while is ok but not all the time. Eat snacks at school. Put shit in your locker like granola bars, protien bars/shakes, pretzels, etc… Also, before workout meals… Oatmeal is a good choice, slow burning, gives you plenty of energy (or something with protien), and after workout meals should consist of protien, I’d say the best choice would be whey protien shake.

[quote]diseredato wrote:

PS: I either workout first thing in the morning or right after school if that makes a difference.[/quote]

dude im 13 and i know where your coming from but talk to your parents and see if they can support your bodybuilding
mine are totally cool with it they even changed some of our familys diet for the better.
if you need help with what to eat i suggest nutrition for newbies p1 and p2
i dont believe in thibs fanatic despising of most carbs though so i tend be a little more lenient in that area but everyones body is different.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459493

Nutrition for Newbies, Part 1 & 2
by Christian Thibaudeau

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1793585

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1795045

Alright guys thanks for all the tips. One thing I forgot to mention is that I can’t get any supplements so I need to rely on food. Thank you all and if anyone has any more tips please post.

well, being 15 means you have about three meals pretty much taken care of for you. bonus. Go the grocery store with you mom, and ask her to buy you the sorts of things you’d like for the “snacks” or your other three meals.

Maybe save your pennies and buy some protein powder.