T Nation

Some Music?

Are you listening to music during training? Which kind of music?

Stuff that amps me up. Umm some of the stuff on my playlist right now: Atreyu, Killswitch, As I Lay Dying, heavy stuff along those lines.

Of for crying out loud. There's at least 10 threads dedicated to this...Search and you shall find.

Just about anything your local church would burn.

I dig Atreyu, but I wouldn't classify them as heavy...you might have an argument when they were with Tribunal Records, but still there sound is more melodic...

But yeah, As I lay Dying makes my list...And for days I need a little extra pump I will listen to some Zao, which reminds me, their new release comes out today...

I am sure you can say that about any thread...

I love it when this question is asked! Then you get quotes like this one and the inevitable barrage that will follow naming bands like Darkthrone, Rotting Christ, Immortal, Gorgoroth, etc.

Come on, guys. Listening to this stuff doesn't make you any tougher. In fact, I'd have more respect for you if you listened to Britney Spears. Because, let's be honest, anyone who has to pretend that they are "cool" or "tough" by listening to Darkthrone or Immortal probably does curls in the squat rack.

Go home and cry to Momma.

BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! YOU HAVE ANGERED THE COOKIE MONSTER GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYEEEEAOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I listen to a wide spectrum, with Dar Williams and Alanis Morrisette at one end and classical and Celtic at the other, old Styx and Genesis in between. The only thing I care about is that it drowns out the people by whom I do not want to be distracted.

Did you stop to consider that some people like that music, and perhaps you shouldn't expect everybody to conform with your expectations? Why should everybodys opinion fit within the nice little boundaries you decide?

And seriously how do feelings of inadequacy correlate to mass? In my experience if your going to lie through your teeth your going to do it when your small and suddenly going to think ok i've now reached 100kg's its time to reform my attitude and stop boasting. or "Oh now that i'm 99.3kg's perhaps i should go see a shrink about these unresolved issues i have." If anything things will get worse.

let the bodies hit the floor hehehe that always gets me pumped, oh and god smack but definately let the bodies hit the floor, you dont have to play it loud but theres just somthin about that song it just gets me off my ass every time like in farenheight 911 when that crazy soldier who listens to it when he's smoking people

"Dancing Queen" by ABBA

My current gym playlist:

Face the Pain - Stemm
Won't Back Down - Fuel
Switch 625 - Def Leppard
These Shrouded Temples - Corrosion of Conformity
Falling Away From Me - Korn
Twisted Transistor - Korn
Coming Undone - Korn
Y'all Want a Single - Korn
Down With the Sickness - Disturbed
Stricken - Disturbed
Stupify - Disturbed
Droppin' Plates - Disturbed
Ten Thousand Fists - Disturbed
South Texas Deathride - The Union Underground

But I have just about every type of music on my iPod...
Classical (mainly Baroque period (Bach, Vivaldi), but some Classical period, as well (Beethoven, Mozart) -- Anne-Sophie Mutter is a goddess)
Jazz (Dave Brubeck)
Bluegrass (Alison Krauss)
Rock (Def Leppard, Van Halen, Genesis, Eric Johnson (instrumentals from Ah Via Musicom), Clapton (Pilgrim), Terry Reid (Seed of Memory))
Alternative (Bush, NIN, No Doubt, Gorillaz)
Hip-Hop (Eminem, Nelly (na nanana))
Industrial (Combichrist (This Shit will Fuck you Up, This is my Rifle))
and the soundtrack to the original Diablo video game.

I like my sesame street tapes. Elmo makes me laugh

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Older DMX, some Ludacris, the odd T.I. song, Jadakiss (any D-Block really), some Ja Rule (say what you want, lol), Kardinal Official, Beenie Man, Busta Rhymes.

"Jus'da clank of da weights".. Nelly