Some Mid-Cycle Advice?

Justsayno good point! Your right I’m not trying to say I’m a pro athlete and I never could be. I’m not trying to compare myself to anyone. I’m just here to talk about training and improving myself and along the way and hopefully learn. Who knows maybe there are other guys on here like myself that can learn something from this thread.

I should say that my doctor never actually said that about being morbidly obese. He actually says I’m doing just fine health wise. I was just joking around about that because a lot of healthcare professionals follow BMI and don’t take into account muscle mass as it relates to body weight.

haha! I knew it!

14% bodyfat? Mate, you’re obese!

If I were you, I’d give serious consideration to cutting some of that fat. Excess fat + steroids is a high blood pressure disaster

[quote]Jbassfunk75 wrote:
Ok…I’ll just forget the past eight years in which Ive competed and excelled in extremely difficult collegiate sports…Without the use of any kind of aas I should mention and wait until you tell me I’m ready. I admitted that my bf% is in a higher range. Fortunately I don’t really care that you “think I look fat” and that I’m blessed to be stronger and most importantly faster and more explosive than most people. Tell these guys that they are fat and don’t look like they train…[/quote]

Ok go ahead waste your money and ignor advice I couldn’t care less what you do

[quote]kenny-mccormick wrote:
Hate to tell you this but your fat, you don’t look strong or even look like you workout I doubt you have been training for longer then a few months and you are probably looking for a shortcut. You are probably going to waste your money and not make any progress with this cycle due to the fact that you have no idea about nutrition nor do you have the knowledge or proper training. Save your money save your gear drop some weight first and then start cycling.[/quote]

I think you missed the part about him being a former D1 lineman. I personally have a lot of respect for that. I went to a D1 school that was shitty at football while I was there (SMU in the mid 2000’s… you can look up our records from 2002 to 2006). Our line was as terrible as you would expect, we were ranked at various times as the absolute worst D1 school in the country, and our linemen were still all monsters. Very strong guys who definitely train hard. If this guy isn’t currently stronger than you, he certainly was in his playing days, probably by a large margin.

I do agree that dropping some weight first would have been beneficial, but that’s water under the bridge at this point.

OP, I’m definitely curious… you didn’t use AAS when you were playing football for a D1 school, but now you are… what gives? Why not then, and why now? You know as well as I do that PEDS are rampant among college players.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

Hate to tell you this but your fat, you don’t look strong or even look like you workout I doubt you have been training for longer then a few months and you are probably looking for a shortcut. You are probably going to waste your money and not make any progress with this cycle due to the fact that you have no idea about nutrition nor do you have the knowledge or proper training. Save your money save your gear drop some weight first and then start cycling.[/quote]

I think you missed the part about him being a former D1 lineman. I personally have a lot of respect for that. I went to a D1 school that was shitty at football while I was there (SMU in the mid 2000’s… you can look up our records from 2002 to 2006). Our line was as terrible as you would expect, we were ranked at various times as the absolute worst D1 school in the country, and our linemen were still all monsters. Very strong guys who definitely train hard. If this guy isn’t currently stronger than you, he certainly was in his playing days, probably by a large margin.

I do agree that dropping some weight first would have been beneficial, but that’s water under the bridge at this point.

OP, I’m definitely curious… you didn’t use AAS when you were playing football for a D1 school, but now you are… what gives? Why not then, and why now? You know as well as I do that PEDS are rampant among college players.[/quote]

I’m Australian I didn’t miss it, sport I very different over here

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

OP, I’m definitely curious… you didn’t use AAS when you were playing football for a D1 school, but now you are… what gives? Why not then, and why now? You know as well as I do that PEDS are rampant among college players.[/quote]

I’m Australian I didn’t miss it, sport I very different over here

[/quote]

Yea I remembered that later, lol. Trust me, it takes a pretty damn good athlete to make a football team at any D1 school.

Thank you! People just don’t seem to understand how rare and difficult it is to compete at that level! I’m not being defensive about my weight it’s just hard to take a guy seriously when he says I know absolutely nothing about training. There are so many guys with orange spray on tans that do biceps curls every day that “LOOK” strong but couldn’t move a 4th grader off the ball!

Maybe I chose the wrong website to start a thread? It seems like most guys here care only about how they look and are into bodybuilding. I’m not knocking that at all if you’re into that great! But I have absolutely no interest in bodybuilding at all. Maybe I should have been clear about that from the start. The picture I posted is pretty bad and it’s difficult to see so I could put up a good picture. But I should be clear about that as well. I didn’t post that photo for a critique of my physique, but for the guy that wanted to see what I looked like at 282lbs.

I was hoping that someone could answer a question for me…Is .5 anastrozole EOD too much?

Maybe I chose the wrong website to start a thread? It seems like most guys here care only about how they look and are into bodybuilding. I’m not knocking that at all if you’re into that great! But I have absolutely no interest in bodybuilding at all. Maybe I should have been clear about that from the start. The picture I posted is pretty bad and it’s difficult to see so I could put up a good picture. But I should be clear about that as well. I didn’t post that photo for a critique of my physique, but for the guy that wanted to see what I looked like at 282lbs.

I was hoping that someone could answer a question for me…Is .5 anastrozole EOD too much?[/quote]

Nope im running 1mg eod at the moment

Awesome thanks! That was helpful…Maybe you can answer another question for me? I’ve been getting pretty intense lower back stiffness/tightness. I know some guys call it “back pumps” which I can understand but it’s not really like a pump more like just really tense it gets so bad especially when I’m doing dead lifts that I feel like I need to lay down lol. I’ve tried taurine and upped my water intake but that really didn’t do anything. I guess just fight through it??

Do you think it would be a good idea for me to run the anastrozole 1mg EOD?

Awesome thanks! That was helpful…Maybe you can answer another question for me? I’ve been getting pretty intense lower back stiffness/tightness. I know some guys call it “back pumps” which I can understand but it’s not really like a pump more like just really tense it gets so bad especially when I’m doing dead lifts that I feel like I need to lay down lol. I’ve tried taurine and upped my water intake but that really didn’t do anything. I guess just fight through it?? [/quote]

Try potassium.

Do you think it would be a good idea for me to run the anastrozole 1mg EOD?[/quote]

If you’re not getting a lot of bloat or sides from estrogen just stick with your current dosage. Lowering estrogen too much isn’t good either.

[/quote]

Nope. Most of us(hopefully) have a great respect for strength. You didn’t state your lifts and concise goals so we assumed you were going for looks lol.

However, gaining too much bodyfat would be not advisable no matter what your goals are because of the potential detriments to your health.

I was hoping that someone could answer a question for me…Is .5 anastrozole EOD too much?[/quote]

I don’t think you chose the wrong site to post on. I don’t give a shit how I look, I lift strictly for performance. The powerlifting and strongman communities are good here, although the strongman forum doesn’t get a ton of traffic. And I think the Steroids forum is generally good as well, although I wish there were more voices here, particularly experienced ones.

Do you compete in anything anymore, or are you just lifting recreationally now? (sorry if you already answered this, if you did I missed it)

Currently I’m playing in a semi-pro football league that is full contact/full pads. It’s nothing like College in terms of level of competition but we have a lot of fun. It’s mostly guys like me who used to play in college or high school, but have either exhausted their eligibility or are a little older and still want to play. I’m very interested in powerlifting and the only reason I don’t compete now is because I’m just starting to learn about it.

As far as strongman goes, that is something you need to have some mentoring from someone who has experience and access to some different types of equipment. I think I might do some research to see if that’s a possibility.

To address your question about AAS back when I was still in college vs now. First you’re absolutely right AAS are everywhere in college ball and there were absolutely guys in the locker room doing them. But I should point out that there is nothing more secretive, more denied, and less talked about amongst players and coaches than Peds.

There was a point where a guy had me convinced to take winstrol and I actually did for a bit…maybe a week or two. But I got too freaked out about it because I didn’t know anything about it, and was terrified that I’d get caught and partially lose scholarship funding, let go from the program, or worse. So I stopped taking it and trashed it.

Now that I’ve had the time to learn about it how it works and without the fear of randomized testing I decided to try it. Sorry about the long answer but AAS and collegiate sports is something I could write a book about!

Currently I’m playing in a semi-pro football league that is full contact/full pads. It’s nothing like College in terms of level of competition but we have a lot of fun. It’s mostly guys like me who used to play in college or high school, but have either exhausted their eligibility or are a little older and still want to play. I’m very interested in powerlifting and the only reason I don’t compete now is because I’m just starting to learn about it.

As far as strongman goes, that is something you need to have some mentoring from someone who has experience and access to some different types of equipment. I think I might do some research to see if that’s a possibility.[/quote]

This is true for higher level strongman competition (nationals and beyond), but you really don’t need much to get started. most events can be replicated relatively well with standard gym equipment. Cleaning and pressing a bar translates well enough to log and axle events, as long as you have some idea of how to properly use those implements. Mot strongmen spend the majority of their time training with barbells.

So, I’m currently on day 10 of my first cycle test-e 500 per week and dbol 40mgs Ed as well as Adex .5mg EOD. I thought it would be good for myself and for other guys to write a bit about my experience so far.

Honestly everything seems to be going more smoothly than I could have hoped for. I weighed just a tad under 290lbs this morning so I’m about 8-9lbs up from my usual weight. I had my BF tested again and this time I was just below 20%.

I’ve been killing it in the gym! I’ve put at least ten pounds on all of my lifts and 18 and a half to my bench. The pumps are awesome and I’ve added some volume to my regular routine and it seems like I have more stamina throughout the workouts especially towards the end. The only snag I’ve run into that I didint anticipate was the so called “Back Pumps” which at times have been brutal and have caused me to adjust some of my training. I bought a potassium/calcium plus supplement as well as some taurine 500mg at GNC and I’m hoping this helps alleviate some of it along with upping my water intake. Deadlifts have become interesting to say the least!

I’ve been strictly adhering to my planned diet and cut back the calories a bit. I haven’t strayed or cheated even when I went to the bar Friday night and didn’t touch a drop of beer. I’ve added a little more cardio via Riding my bike on trails in the woods to go along with an extra 15mins on the treadmill making up about an hour to an hour and a half EOD. Looking forward to the test to kick!