T Nation

Some Kid Thinks He Set Off the Lunk Alarm

[quote]ritzgooch23 wrote:
I went in to one of these the other day with my homegirl…I was simply amazed at the lack of equipment. I had to completely change my workout in order to somewhat have one. DB’s that only go up 75lbs lol. I asked some dude where the rest of them were, and he just gave me a blank confused stare. [/quote]

LMAO. There is one right across the street from my new place, so my fiancee and I went in to check it out. As soon as she walked in the door, she said" They don’t have enough weights for you." I actually have more 45 pound plates at home than they had total plates in that place.

[quote]wigsa wrote:
You beast,doing 400 lb doubles??[/quote]

Pft, child’s play.

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:

[quote]ritzgooch23 wrote:
I went in to one of these the other day with my homegirl…I was simply amazed at the lack of equipment. I had to completely change my workout in order to somewhat have one. DB’s that only go up 75lbs lol. I asked some dude where the rest of them were, and he just gave me a blank confused stare. [/quote]

LMAO. There is one right across the street from my new place, so my fiancee and I went in to check it out. As soon as she walked in the door, she said" They don’t have enough weights for you." I actually have more 45 pound plates at home than they had total plates in that place. [/quote]

It’s funny because I never been to a PF and was making a joke about not having enough pates to make 400lbs lol. Perhaps the bigger ones do?

The one I go to has probably 40 45lb plates in it. The real annoying thing to me is that there are no 35 lb plates which I got use to having at the last gym so instead I have to track down 10 lb and 25 lb plates a lot.

6 rackless benches - 3 adjustable for decline and 3 adjustable for incline and seated
2 benchpress
2 smith machines
2 squat racks
2 ez bar curl benches
2 incline presses
1 reclining leg press
2 horizontal leg press
2 cross cable stations with rowers and pulldowns and whatnot on the sides of them
1 calf raise
Those smaller bars that I think go from like 20 lb up to maybe 200 lb. I use them for lunges but sometimes you see people curling or doing bent over rows with them if the squat racks are in use.

then a crapload of other machines and cardio equipment that I don’t use much or care to think about.

dumbbells go up to 75 lb and there’s two complete sets. it was my only concern when signing up but the only exercise I’m capable of doing those numbers on is dumbbell bench press so I just switch over to barbell.

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:

LMAO. There is one right across the street from my new place, so my fiancee and I went in to check it out. As soon as she walked in the door, she said" They don’t have enough weights for you." [/quote]

Did she say this while slankily draped over you, one hand stroking your chest and sporting a JBF hairstyle? If so, win.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:

LMAO. There is one right across the street from my new place, so my fiancee and I went in to check it out. As soon as she walked in the door, she said" They don’t have enough weights for you." [/quote]

Did she say this while slankily draped over you, one hand stroking your chest and sporting a JBF hairstyle? If so, win.[/quote]

Pshaw! She’s ALWAYS draped over me and stroking SOME part of my overtly manly physique. LOL

[quote]Vegita wrote:
So I’m doing deads the other day at my planet fitness and I’m working my way up to 400Lb doubles. I see this kid set up a few stations over and he starts doing deads too. It’s so funny watching him pump himself up for 135. Then after he pulls it a few times, he starts walking around with invisible lat syndrome. Well anyway, I wanted to mess with him a little.

So when he is doing his next set, I get into my double 400 pull and on the last one I let it hit the floor a little harder than I normally would and the alarm starts going off. Since he was making a scene before and grunting and whatnot, the manager comes over to him and they get in an argument and everything. What a tool, Haven’t seen him back in here since though.

V[/quote]
You work out at the same gym as holy mac?

YOU SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON YOUR WORKOUT INSTEAD

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
The one I go to has probably 40 45lb plates in it. The real annoying thing to me is that there are no 35 lb plates which I got use to having at the last gym so instead I have to track down 10 lb and 25 lb plates a lot.

6 rackless benches - 3 adjustable for decline and 3 adjustable for incline and seated
2 benchpress
2 smith machines
2 squat racks
2 ez bar curl benches
2 incline presses
1 reclining leg press
2 horizontal leg press
2 cross cable stations with rowers and pulldowns and whatnot on the sides of them
1 calf raise
Those smaller bars that I think go from like 20 lb up to maybe 200 lb. I use them for lunges but sometimes you see people curling or doing bent over rows with them if the squat racks are in use.

then a crapload of other machines and cardio equipment that I don’t use much or care to think about.

dumbbells go up to 75 lb and there’s two complete sets. it was my only concern when signing up but the only exercise I’m capable of doing those numbers on is dumbbell bench press so I just switch over to barbell.[/quote]

Damn! Just to verify, this is a Planet Fitness? If that was the case at either of the 3 PF’s in my area, I would be there in a second. It’s only $10 a month around here. The setup at the ones near me: 3 flat benches without racks, about 8 million smith machines, and a similarly ridiculous number of other machines. Didnt see that many plates around.

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
The one I go to has probably 40 45lb plates in it. The real annoying thing to me is that there are no 35 lb plates which I got use to having at the last gym so instead I have to track down 10 lb and 25 lb plates a lot.

6 rackless benches - 3 adjustable for decline and 3 adjustable for incline and seated
2 benchpress
2 smith machines
2 squat racks
2 ez bar curl benches
2 incline presses
1 reclining leg press
2 horizontal leg press
2 cross cable stations with rowers and pulldowns and whatnot on the sides of them
1 calf raise
Those smaller bars that I think go from like 20 lb up to maybe 200 lb. I use them for lunges but sometimes you see people curling or doing bent over rows with them if the squat racks are in use.

then a crapload of other machines and cardio equipment that I don’t use much or care to think about.

dumbbells go up to 75 lb and there’s two complete sets. it was my only concern when signing up but the only exercise I’m capable of doing those numbers on is dumbbell bench press so I just switch over to barbell.[/quote]

Damn! Just to verify, this is a Planet Fitness? If that was the case at either of the 3 PF’s in my area, I would be there in a second. It’s only $10 a month around here. The setup at the ones near me: 3 flat benches without racks, about 8 million smith machines, and a similarly ridiculous number of other machines. Didnt see that many plates around.
[/quote]

Yep thats the general breakdown of the freeweight area at the PF a mile from my house for $10 a month you really can’t beat it. There’s a few body builders far more experienced and bigger than me that train there.

[quote]toots27mkc wrote:
YOU SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON YOUR WORKOUT INSTEAD[/quote]

Dont you know the purpose of going to the gym? Its so that you can establish that you are the biggest guy there (at PF) and crush all of those who are weaker than you so that they are discouraged and never do a legitimate exercise like the deadlift ever again. Either that or they feel compelled to put on more weight than they can handle and do it with shitty form and hurt themselves. Lets face it, no one started at 135 on the DL, we all started with 3 plates on the bar cause where i come form our 45’s are stuck together in batches of three, so your choices are 315, and 585…So in reality he was focused on his workout. LOL

i HATE Planet Fitness. I went there with my girlfriend before and considered going to Plaster Fun Time next door about halfway through my workout (The DBs there only go up to 60). I go to a gym called Personalized Fitness and i have to avoid saying “PF” so that people will take me seriously.

Ok, the 2010 tards not getting it I can understand, you’re new and retarded. The 09ers who STILL can’t recognize a parody thread. Come on, I practically served it up on a silver platter. 09 is continuing to be the worst class in the history of the internetz on any forum, even the dungeons and dragons forums.

V

I actually thought I set off the lunk alarm today. Granted, my gym doesn’t even have one, but I was confused for a second. I was DLing, and dropped the bar on my last rep, as I did an alarm went off. It turns out someone had opened the emergency exit.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Ok, the 2010 tards not getting it I can understand, you’re new and retarded. The 09ers who STILL can’t recognize a parody thread. Come on, I practically served it up on a silver platter. 09 is continuing to be the worst class in the history of the internetz on any forum, even the dungeons and dragons forums.

V[/quote]

You should have made it 540 for doubles if you wanted to make it more obvious,to be fair.

[quote]SmilingPolitely wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I think Fuzzy makes a great point, I didn’t think PF had enough plates to make it up to 400# … did you somehow attach the dumbells to the bar as well? I mean, especially if there was some ILS kid with two MORE plates being utilized besides the ones you were utilizing…the numbers just don’t add up fajita, unless you brought your own weights from home and if that’s the case I applaude your effort at hating PF as much as the rest of us!![/quote]

I did bring in my plates from home. I have 4 45Lb plates at home and backpack them in and out with me as GPP. I’m hardcore yo!

V[/quote]

Seriously, what kind of back pack do you use? The ones I keep getting always rip when I try that and I only use 3 45’s [/quote]

Mine is special, I had it made out of fat people skin after they get that stomach surgury and lose a bunch of weight. The thickness and elasticity is far more durable than any fiber we can currently make. Also it smells like bacon, so it always keeps me hungry.

V[/quote]

You gotta give me the name of your plastic surgeon then, I would love to have one made for me … imagine all the poon I’d pull toting a fat persons stomach around campus … It’ll be raining pussy for days[/quote]

You can buy that shit black market, but I heard that they mostly use fupa to make it. One of those Buyer Beware things. It smells less like bacon and more like cheese.

[/quote] Fupa … y’all made a backpack outta ProteinPowda’s dog ?

[quote]swivel wrote:

[quote]SmilingPolitely wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I think Fuzzy makes a great point, I didn’t think PF had enough plates to make it up to 400# … did you somehow attach the dumbells to the bar as well? I mean, especially if there was some ILS kid with two MORE plates being utilized besides the ones you were utilizing…the numbers just don’t add up fajita, unless you brought your own weights from home and if that’s the case I applaude your effort at hating PF as much as the rest of us!![/quote]

I did bring in my plates from home. I have 4 45Lb plates at home and backpack them in and out with me as GPP. I’m hardcore yo!

V[/quote]

Seriously, what kind of back pack do you use? The ones I keep getting always rip when I try that and I only use 3 45’s [/quote]

Mine is special, I had it made out of fat people skin after they get that stomach surgury and lose a bunch of weight. The thickness and elasticity is far more durable than any fiber we can currently make. Also it smells like bacon, so it always keeps me hungry.

V[/quote]

You gotta give me the name of your plastic surgeon then, I would love to have one made for me … imagine all the poon I’d pull toting a fat persons stomach around campus … It’ll be raining pussy for days[/quote]

You can buy that shit black market, but I heard that they mostly use fupa to make it. One of those Buyer Beware things. It smells less like bacon and more like cheese.

[/quote] Fupa … y’all made a backpack outta ProteinPowda’s dog ?
[/quote]

Hahahahahahahah PP, I wonder where that dood is! He went from being one of the most annoying posters ever to being a loved member of the forum. It took him a LOOONG time, but the kid had persistance.

V