Some Help For the Rook!?

My name is Jeremy and I’m about a year into strength training and had some questions that some of you could answer. First I train chest and triceps together, it just made sense to me since you use triceps benching, anyways and I’ve noticed that a lot of people train them apart, or will train chest one day then triceps the next. Now is that like training the same muscle two days in a row because I have always tried to avoid that. Two, I always use different workouts each time I lift. Should I use the same ones for a month or so, then switch it up? Im trying to stay away from a training plateau. And last, when is a good time in the day to eat redmeat, I didnt know if it really mattered or if it could help before a workout-Ive heard some bodybuilders say it really helps to fill them out.

Right now I’m eating Oatmeal with blueberrys and a scoop of protein, a grapefruit, Glutamine,multi vitamin,Glucosamine-Chondroitin at 7:00am. Half a sandwich salad and protein shake at 10:00am. No-Xplode, Creatine, and Glutamine at 11:30am,preworkout protein shake then lift at 12:00p. After workout-shake, banana, and half a sandwich,wheat crackers and activia yogurt. At 4:00p I eat a cup of brown rice, and a 1/4lb of red meat. Then I eat dinner at 7:00p-usually baked chicken,veggies and potato, then protein-glutamine before bed.

If anyone could maybe give me some advise or say hey this looks bad or you might try this. I know everyone has different needs and body types, but Im open minded and trying to get the best results like anyone else. And thanks for taking time to read this
-J

[quote]Humpty454 wrote:
My name is Jeremy and I’m about a year into strength training and had some questions that some of you could answer. First I train chest and triceps together, it just made sense to me since you use triceps benching, anyways and I’ve noticed that a lot of people train them apart, or will train chest one day then triceps the next. Now is that like training the same muscle two days in a row because I have always tried to avoid that. Two, I always use different workouts each time I lift. Should I use the same ones for a month or so, then switch it up? Im trying to stay away from a training plateau. And last, when is a good time in the day to eat redmeat, I didnt know if it really mattered or if it could help before a workout-Ive heard some bodybuilders say it really helps to fill them out.

Right now I’m eating Oatmeal with blueberrys and a scoop of protein, a grapefruit, Glutamine,multi vitamin,Glucosamine-Chondroitin at 7:00am. Half a sandwich salad and protein shake at 10:00am. No-Xplode, Creatine, and Glutamine at 11:30am,preworkout protein shake then lift at 12:00p. After workout-shake, banana, and half a sandwich,wheat crackers and activia yogurt. At 4:00p I eat a cup of brown rice, and a 1/4lb of red meat. Then I eat dinner at 7:00p-usually baked chicken,veggies and potato, then protein-glutamine before bed.

If anyone could maybe give me some advise or say hey this looks bad or you might try this. I know everyone has different needs and body types, but Im open minded and trying to get the best results like anyone else. And thanks for taking time to read this
-J[/quote]

You been lifting for a month, you won’t “plateau” for a while yet… but a month or two is a decent amount of time to stick with a particular program.

You can eat redmeat anytime your little heart desires Jez.

Some people train Triceps with chest as you do, to pre-fatigue the triceps and work from that perspecteve, or so as to keep total frequency of sessions for triceps down (used in all pushing exercises)

Or some split chest and tris to get a greater load onto tri’s when not pre-fatigued, or so as to give it a session on chest day, delt day AND tricep day… not to mention back day…!

Your diet looks fine, the hardest thing about this game, is learning what works for you, food wise, supplement wise, drug wise and training wise. THAT will take years. But it is worth the wait, and as i believe the best things are worth waiting or working for… so maybe you should start at the beginners section and go from there…! just fucking with ya!

but honestly…

Joe :wink:

Thanks for the response Joe and the only reason I posted this in here was I want help from the pros, not beginners, I want advise from people that haver been banging it for years, not the ones that lift for 3 months then quit then repeat the next year.