T Nation

Some Fun In the Arizona Sun

Ok, we aren't pros, but still having fun. Thanks to the technologically more advanced strength coach, Troy Anderson, we have started filming a little of our weekend workouts. Right now we are all getting ready for a strongman competition in Tempe, AZ at the end of Jan. The weekends are usually our event days and are fun and funny.

here are a few clips

http://www.bluecollarathlete.com/html/videos/Oly%20Comp%20-%209.11.04/SMTII-11.13.05.wmv

http://www.bluecollarathlete.com/html/videos/Oly%20Comp%20-%209.11.04/SMT%20-%2011.6.05.wmv

You can see some more fun stuff at the bluecollarathlete site under Troy's blog.

Have fun training!

Josh Henkin
www.joshhenkin.com

Saw you at the Staley Boot Camp. Bought a sand bag. The people in my gym just don't understand...

DD

Hey! Thanks for posting the video :slightly_smiling: And thanks to my workout partner as she definitely pushed me to my limits this weekend. It's great when you can share your PR's with a whole group of friends!

If I ever need a flat tire changed or my truck pulled, I'll know who to call.

You guys need any snow to make that sled move faster??????

TNT

Even without sound, I can tell you guys are working hard, which is what it's all about. Looked like fun.

I really like that yoke set-up you have. It'll help you guys once you get to use a real yoke and it will wobble even less.

We did tire and farmers yesterday. Brad and I both set PR's on the 750 tire for reps.

You guys are amazing! Nice to see the women included and not afraid to participate. I'm new to the area and if you would ever tolorate an extra please let me know.
Once again, awesome! Keep up the good work.

Maybe just a nice skiff of frost to slide on.

We were working pretty hard this week, but that damn "Henkin Death Medley" about killed me last week.

Only time will tell what's the agenda for this is week.

Troy Anderson

Troy,
Actually that was Scott's fault! I thought that was going to be part of the competition, SCOTT!!!:slightly_smiling:

I gotta start putting up video and pics of the crew at Scott's house. They truly make us look like rookies. I hope to at least give you guys a little competition, can't have you whistling through the whole thing!

Scott, what did you guys hit on reps with the tire and farmer's? I have a feeling I have my work cut out for me.

BTW, we always welcome victims, cough, I mean newbies.

Sorry, but I was told my death medley would scare a lot of people away from the contest. You should be happy it's just going to be the yoke and tire!!

Bring your camera. Those videos are cool.

Brad did a set of 5 for a 2 rep PR. Then he did a set of 6. Then a set of 7. He then proceeded to lay on the cement driveway for 30 mins. I kid you not.

I did a pyramid set with Kevin and Brandon doing 13 flips total. Then I did a set of 10 and almost died. Then I did a set of 11.

I love that tire.

Looks like a lot of fun guys, I agree it is good to see the girls doing it with you.

My Christmas present this year will hopefully be a nice big tire.

You guys have an awesome set-up. I'm jealous.

That's some motivated trash right there!

OK, back with an upadte from yesterdays Henkin House Strongman training video.

http://www.bluecollarathlete.com/html/videos/Oly%20Comp%20-%209.11.04/SMT11.20.05.wmv

As usual the girls absolutely destroyed things yesterday. All 3 of them platformed the 116lb stone.

Enjoy!

Troy M Anderson

Josh and Troy, when and where are you guys training next Sunday? I think I can come out your way if you'll have me. PM or email me.

Josh check your PMs.

BTW, awesome video. The girls are picking it up quickly and I'm sure by the contest they will be doing even better. Ray had a nice shoulder on the stone. I didn't know you guys had that many stones!!

[quote]TroyA wrote:
OK, back with an upadte from yesterdays Henkin House Strongman training video.

http://www.bluecollarathlete.com/html/videos/Oly%20Comp%20-%209.11.04/SMT11.20.05.wmv

As usual the girls absolutely destroyed things yesterday. All 3 of them platformed the 116lb stone.

Enjoy!

Great video. Every Monday I'll expect a new episode of "Fun in the AZ Sun".
I watch it just to get warm. We had flurries today. Shelle, brush up on your dance steps.

TNT

Yeah, ok, so I get a LITTLE excited when I make a new PR and Troy has to get it on video AND in slow motion.

Seriously, I can dance better than that. TNT come down from the tundra and check it out.

I can't come down right now....it's too dangerous. It's polar bear migration season. Besides the forecast for this week can be summed up in 4 words - SNOW,SNOW,SNOW, and SNOW. Makes for shitty sled dragging - not enough friction. I'll have to take some pictures of the U-16 Angels lifting. For beginners (5 weeks)they're really getting into it, especially chin-ups.

I'm surprised that garage doesn't sink into the sand with all the weight in it. I can't wait for summer.

TNT
getting into it.

TNT -

you should start a thread about the girls you train. They are very inspirational and I'll bet the Vixens would love it!

dammit that looked like good times