Some Cool Videos I've Come Across

[quote]will to power wrote:
I love this one, Taranenko performing the heaviest clean and jerk to date;

Also, Americans can’t pronounce Canberra.[/quote]

Rofl, a Russian in the 80ies, I can assure that he was on so many roids that they we’re coming out of his ears at the time of the lift.

An old friend of mine who used to compete in tracks 800m were at the European Championships in the 70ies. She, by mistake, went into the Romanian men’s locker room… atleast so she thought, because there were people standing at the mirrors shaving their chins and upper lips. After a few seconds she realized it was the women’s locker room. Luckily they’ve improved a bit on the drug use so we don’t see those very manly women with beards anymore, haha.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
was he using a mouthpiece and if so, what for?

It’s not unheard of for guys to drop the bar while they’re pressing back towards the face.

I imagine if you dropped 300 pounds on your face you’d be spitting teeth, let alone a thousand.[/quote]

well i seriously doubt the mouthpiece is for any protection against dropping half a ton onto your face. it’s probably because he grits his teeth extremely hard during the lift and is likely preventing jaw/tooth trauma.

Me preacher curling 200 lbs! WOWW!

notice my strong grip gloves too!

lol.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
Updated kennelly bench press 1050 pounds, what a monster

[/quote]

yeah but is it functional…

[quote]1morerep wrote:
LUEshi wrote:
was he using a mouthpiece and if so, what for?

It’s not unheard of for guys to drop the bar while they’re pressing back towards the face.

I imagine if you dropped 300 pounds on your face you’d be spitting teeth, let alone a thousand.

well i seriously doubt the mouthpiece is for any protection against dropping half a ton onto your face. it’s probably because he grits his teeth extremely hard during the lift and is likely preventing jaw/tooth trauma. [/quote]

That is exactly it.

At a local comp, i saw a guy crack his teeth during a squat. He wasn’t happy.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:

yeah but is it functional…[/quote]

Is it just me or buddy was using a false (thumbless) grip?

[quote]Hussayn wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:

yeah but is it functional…

Is it just me or buddy was using a false (thumbless) grip?[/quote]

go to about 21 seconds in and you’ll see him grip the bar, it’s not thumbless.

I’ve never even seen that contraption before…must get a good lower back stretch though.

While you’re on bad curls… these are good

Ahhh I love youtube.

I love it. It’s like they are proud of these “feats”. haha

I used to be on a isolation kick, until I started reading really favorable things on all the compound lifts and how they allow a much larger load etc…
…That being said a curl is just that, a curl. It is NOT a back workout haha so when I do do curl variations I think “bicep” These clowns crack me up.