Some Advice Appreciated

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]qirard wrote:
I’m not being mean but you are still fat. The only difference between those two pictures is it looks like you’re sucking in your stomach in one photo and pushing out in the other. I don’t think you should be thinking about “bulking” at all. Eat at or below maintenance and lift your ass off, you’ll still put on muscle.
I think cardio in the morning on an empty stomach would be a good idea too.
And congrats on the weight loss so far but 250-205 in 4.5 years is really slow progress. I think you’re doing yourself a disservice bouncing around between 215-230 telling yourself that you’re “bulking” and “cutting.”[/quote]

No offense taken.

Most of my fat loss attempt was before I knew anything about fitness, it was only until I found this site at the end of 2008 did I start to really learn anything about training/nutrition/fat loss.

I’ve gotten to 195 before but I could not hold it, once I started to add even small amounts of carbs my weight would bounce back up to 205lbs. I figured if I bulked up a little, added some muscle my metabolism would speed up, and I would have an easier time getting leaner.[/quote]

Maybe I’m missing something, but if you got down to 195 why would you re-introduce carbs to a diet that was working for you up till that point?

That’s not “not being able to hold it”, that’s “choosing not to hold it”

Post V-Diet results for a guy who has a couple years of quality lifting under his belt and results for a guy with little muscle mass are definitely going to be different but that does not mean that you will not benefit from the results. If your body is covered in fat you will barely be able to see any gains you make no matter how great they are.

I think you are perfect for the V-Diet, drop some of that body fat and use the 28 days to think about how you want to conduct your training and eating when the diet is over. You will come out feeling like a new man. You will not accomplish all of your body composition goals in 28 days, think of it more like smashing your old ways and building a new foundation of proper eating and training. Best of luck to you buddy.

I’m jealous of the 85lb DB press, i can only get 60’s 5 times…

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I’ve even seen CT use that type of form on the Friday of I,BB shoulder spec workout. I really find that angle a lot better suited to my body.[/quote]

When you have the proportions and structure of a pear that’s been left out in the sun, you don’t do things that are “better suited” to that body.

Fixing imbalances is based on the idea of doing things your body wasn’t naturally doing in the first place, and your shoulders look like they are shorter than your hips, so I would say reinforcing what feels right to you is probably the worst thing you could do for your physique.

My advice would be to just change your attitude. Whatever it is you’re doing isn’t working, and you need to accept that it’s 100% your fault and then re-evaluate. Stop doing high incline db benching and calling it shoulder pressing. Clean up your diet. Start using weights you can handle.

You have plenty of potential, you may just need a reality check man.

[quote]K-Man32 wrote:
I’m jealous of the 85lb DB press, i can only get 60’s 5 times…[/quote]

Thanks man, I hit 90’s that same workout but didn’t record :wink:

[quote]mr popular wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I’ve even seen CT use that type of form on the Friday of I,BB shoulder spec workout. I really find that angle a lot better suited to my body.[/quote]

When you have the proportions and structure of a pear that’s been left out in the sun, you don’t do things that are “better suited” to that body.

Fixing imbalances is based on the idea of doing things your body wasn’t naturally doing in the first place, and your shoulders look like they are shorter than your hips, so I would say reinforcing what feels right to you is probably the worst thing you could do for your physique.

My advice would be to just change your attitude. Whatever it is you’re doing isn’t working, and you need to accept that it’s 100% your fault and then re-evaluate. Stop doing high incline db benching and calling it shoulder pressing. Clean up your diet. Start using weights you can handle.

You have plenty of potential, you may just need a reality check man.[/quote]

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say. I’d add stop defeating yourself - it sounds like if you don’t see immediate results you quit instantly for the next idea. What you’re doing like said isn’t working so lose the idea of being so set on what works and what doesn’t.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
I feel very sorry for you, brother. You have terrible genetics for this activity and the way you’re put together is … a mess. This is the wrong hobby for you, my friend, and I’m sorry. on the face of it, tt doesn’t SEEM like you are pushing yourself in the gym at all but again, I could be wrong and this may be the best you can do with what God gave you.

Look, I can’t imagine you overhead pressing 85lb dumbbells with anything even resembling good form. I cant even imagine you pressing the 40s with ease with that “build” but who knows. You don’t need to be doing spec programs like IBB, and you don’t need to be eating 175g of carbs. You CAN use CT’s training principles like the CT ramp and others but you need reasonable volume at your stage of development, which is GROUND ZERO. Train with moderate volume for now.

I would next recommend you get on the AD. The AD will help your hormone levels, and if you train hard in the gym you can gain a lot of strength on your way down to a bodyweight of 180lb. I dont think you need to get too much below 180 pounds (if at all) but you should look better than you do now. You need to train every muscle group, brother, including your arms. You are put together very very very badly (blame your parents) and the only hope for you to ever look decent is to train EVERYTHING. So you can use CT’s way of ramping, it works great, but stay away from the IBB programs and get down and dirty with the basics and do direct arm and shoulder work.

… and yes, you need to be aware of how many calories and grams of protein/fat/carbs you are getting, and keep an eye on the scale. Again, I think the AD would be the best thing for you at this point. There is a lot of information about it in threads on this board. And I wish you all the best man. you need it.

PM me if you would like more detailed advice. I think you can expect to get to a solid 180 sooner than you can imagine before you can get back to adding mass.[/quote]

I like when trolls with no pics, progress, or credibility belittle other members right before telling them to PM you for more information.

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:

I like when trolls with no pics, progress, or credibility belittle other members right before telling them to PM you for more information.[/quote]

Wait, I’m being called out by someone who is 167lb, 5’10", 18% bodyfat about not having pictures up? LOL

Some times the truth hurts, kid. But it’s still what we need to hear if we are to improve. Someone needs to light a fire under this guys ass, or he’s going to waste years. TIME is critical in bodybuilding pursuits.

What have you achieved apart from posting a thousand times on a message board?

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

I like when trolls with no pics, progress, or credibility belittle other members right before telling them to PM you for more information.[/quote]

Wait, I’m being called out by someone who is 167lb, 5’10", 18% bodyfat about not having pictures up? LOL

Some times the truth hurts, kid. But it’s still what we need to hear if we are to improve. Someone needs to light a fire under this guys ass, or he’s going to waste years. TIME is critical in bodybuilding pursuits.

[/quote]

Respect from my peers

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[/quote]

Respect from my peers[/quote]

YOUR PEERS? with THOSE stats you must be in amazing company. I bow out.

To raj though, props on the 85db press. Build some size with that potential for strength gain. If you recomp until you hit 200 you’ll gain some size and strength.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
To raj though, props on the 85db press. Build some size with that potential for strength gain. If you recomp until you hit 200 you’ll gain some size and strength.[/quote]

Cool that’s my plan, getting to my prebulk weight. I think 180lb is out of the question until I have some more LBM.

I like how when this guy asks for advice, you idiots start puffing out your internet chests.

Aside from the bitch fight man, most of these comments are what you need to hear.

Work on adding some size to your main problem areas as well. Medial delts, lats, chest, anything that can take away from your shape below. Work on your “V” shape… . as well as everything else.

It’s going to be a long road buddy, but when you get there, it will have been worth it.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
I feel very sorry for you, brother. You have terrible genetics for this activity and the way you’re put together is … a mess. This is the wrong hobby for you, my friend, and I’m sorry. on the face of it, tt doesn’t SEEM like you are pushing yourself in the gym at all but again, I could be wrong and this may be the best you can do with what God gave you.

Look, I can’t imagine you overhead pressing 85lb dumbbells with anything even resembling good form. I cant even imagine you pressing the 40s with ease with that “build” but who knows. You don’t need to be doing spec programs like IBB, and you don’t need to be eating 175g of carbs. You CAN use CT’s training principles like the CT ramp and others but you need reasonable volume at your stage of development, which is GROUND ZERO. Train with moderate volume for now.

I would next recommend you get on the AD. The AD will help your hormone levels, and if you train hard in the gym you can gain a lot of strength on your way down to a bodyweight of 180lb. I dont think you need to get too much below 180 pounds (if at all) but you should look better than you do now. You need to train every muscle group, brother, including your arms. You are put together very very very badly (blame your parents) and the only hope for you to ever look decent is to train EVERYTHING. So you can use CT’s way of ramping, it works great, but stay away from the IBB programs and get down and dirty with the basics and do direct arm and shoulder work.

… and yes, you need to be aware of how many calories and grams of protein/fat/carbs you are getting, and keep an eye on the scale. Again, I think the AD would be the best thing for you at this point. There is a lot of information about it in threads on this board. And I wish you all the best man. you need it.

PM me if you would like more detailed advice. I think you can expect to get to a solid 180 sooner than you can imagine before you can get back to adding mass.[/quote]

+1 I’m glad I’m not the only person that got pissed off by that bullshit post.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Snydiesel609 wrote:
Post V-Diet results for a guy who has a couple years of quality lifting under his belt and results for a guy with little muscle mass are definitely going to be different but that does not mean that you will not benefit from the results. If your body is covered in fat you will barely be able to see any gains you make no matter how great they are.

I think you are perfect for the V-Diet, drop some of that body fat and use the 28 days to think about how you want to conduct your training and eating when the diet is over. You will come out feeling like a new man. You will not accomplish all of your body composition goals in 28 days, think of it more like smashing your old ways and building a new foundation of proper eating and training. Best of luck to you buddy.
[/quote]

My eating habits are already in check, can’t exactly go from 250 to 205 with poor eating habits. I also don’t believe anyone can fix years of poor eating habits by simply doing a 28 day diet, that is merely a marketing ploy. It took me YEARS to fix my eating habits.

But I understand your overall message that I should focus on dropping bodyfat. I will get to 210-215 and report back. Appreciate the advice.

[/quote]

http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_logs/snydiesels_by_the_book_vdiet_log

That’s my V-Diet log. I dropped around 15lbs of fat off my body and transformed the way I conduct my eating. I am a “FFB” and have learned a lot of things the hard way during my first year in the gym. Before I started the v-diet in July I was bulking with the AD since the spring. Yes, I got stronger and made some gains…but I looked like bloated asshole. In a year of training I could never fully appreciate all of my hard work. I was scared shitless of eating too much and getting fat. Start with a clean slate bud, knock the fat.

I will definitely disagree with you on the claim that the food preference changes are marketing hype. I used to be 230 before I started caring about fitness, I know where you are at right now. I loved food, especially the bullshit. No matter how hard I tried to eat clean I would always give in to fast food and processed garbage. The shit repulses me now. You go 28 days without eating anything but veggies and lean protein once a week and you will see where I am coming from. I am not trying to sell you the v-diet by any means, I am just trying to make the point that leaning out and committing to it 100% with a dedicated program like the v-diet are going to be the best bet for you in my opinion.