T Nation

Solution to Oil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHD4U2q_p4c&feature=player_embedded#!

Lets start doing stuff like this, $15 to make a barrel of oil sounds good to me.

I personally would prefer developing the sands over drilling off shore

People can NOT change the loss of sun over time, however they can change the amount of hydrocarbons pumped out of an SUV. He makes it sound like hydro carbons are the really good friend down the street.

Bullshit!! An engine is NOT efficient, let alone in everything, especially in the combustion of hydrocarbons. So carbon monoxide helps people grow big and strong? Look at the skyline of any city around the world, where do you think those emission will go and what will they do?

Fucking idiot, we won’t run out of oil but the atmosphere is changing because of said hydrocarbons, for the worst btw.

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:
People can NOT change the loss of sun over time, however they can change the amount of hydrocarbons pumped out of an SUV. He makes it sound like hydro carbons are the really good friend down the street.

Bullshit!! An engine is NOT efficient, let alone in everything, especially in the combustion of hydrocarbons. So carbon monoxide helps people grow big and strong? Look at the skyline of any city around the world, where do you think those emission will go and what will they do?

Fucking idiot, we wonâ??t run out of oil but the atmosphere is changing because of said hydrocarbons, for the worst btw.
[/quote]

Even if it was exactly as you say we need the stuff to clothe, feed and shelter us.

Bad air and a few degrees more > mass starvation.

How is burning fossil fuels helping rich people clothe the naked of the world? Let alone give them shelter and food? I was in Chile last week and fuel transported the materials, that’s it! Those same experts say we are limiting ourselves if we were to help others, you can NOT know until you try. That works at a personal level AND in a large system.

When the polar ice caps melt at the rate they are continuing, where will the spiral down the drain stop?

Next you will tell me the HCR will drive the deficit down, the one that has tripled since Bam took office.

[quote]orion wrote:
Even if it was exactly as you say we need the stuff to clothe, feed and shelter us.

Bad air and a few degrees more > mass starvation.

[/quote]

and where will this cycle of bad air along with high and low peaks in temperature NOT lead to mass starvation?

Your argument is self defeating itself. Huh, must be right then.

[quote]orion wrote:
Bad air and a few degrees more > mass starvation.

[/quote]

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:
How is burning fossil fuels helping rich people clothe the naked of the world? Let alone give them shelter and food? I was in Chile last week and fuel transported the materials, that’s it! Those same experts say we are limiting ourselves if we were to help others, you can NOT know until you try. That works at a personal level AND in a large system.

When the polar ice caps melt at the rate they are continuing, where will the spiral down the drain stop?

Next you will tell me the HCR will drive the deficit down, the one that has tripled since Bam took office.

[quote]orion wrote:
Even if it was exactly as you say we need the stuff to clothe, feed and shelter us.

Bad air and a few degrees more > mass starvation.

[/quote]
[/quote]

So they just “transported the materials”. Yeah, and provided the energy needed for the production plants. And yeah, they are the basis for a lot of compaund materials that build the basis of our civilization.

But other than that, we do not them at all.

------> mass starvation

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:
and where will this cycle of bad air along with high and low peaks in temperature NOT lead to mass starvation?

Your argument is self defeating itself. Huh, must be right then.

[quote]orion wrote:
Bad air and a few degrees more > mass starvation.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah well, maybe we might starve in 200 years anyway.

But I care more about not starving now.

Silly me.

wait . . .the polar ice caps are melting away? what? http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/271161

hmmm . . . darn it - another AGW myth bites the dust

I saw this the other day. A lot of people are researching this kind of stuff now, including the military.

Orion so you can tell the future? You must make a fortune in futures, no wonder you have time to post on these boards! We have no idea what will happen in the future. I care about what I can see right in front of me.

As for IS, sorry I forgot there are TWO poles in this world. All you provided was one link to an area in the bottom of the world. Wander up to AK and watch the glaciers melt yourself. I will be there in a few weeks anyway near Anchorage. Let me know when you arrive.

[quote]orion wrote:
Yeah well, maybe we might starve in 200 years anyway.

But I care more about not starving now.

Silly me.

[/quote]

Finished my final paper or thesis last night on this topic so I can graduate. We have a new wind turbine near my school now but it’s quite small.

A solar-powered house is being worked on across from a parking lot on-campus and switchgrass crops are being grown in hopes of converting the sugars into hydrogen and more cars using hydrogen. Hopefully it happens sooner.

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:
Orion so you can tell the future?
[/quote]

No, but I can see what happens now and what I see is that we need cheap energy to keep our civilization running.