Solomon Kane Trailer

Interesting that there is this resurgence in Robert E. Howard characters in movies. I believe that Bran Mak Morn is in development as well

I downloaded the screener from demonoid last night. I’m watching it Friday.

I don’t know. There seems to be a lot of anticipation for this movie, but I get a cheap-ish feeling from that trailer. Lines sound corny, effects look off. It looks like a straight-to-dvd movie to me.

I am looking forward to this one. I might even find the book.

Total RADNESS. I was e-mailed by a friend about this.

Solomon Kane is one of favourites, from this genre.

Actually like the guy no less than Elric, and Conan…

Looking forward to this more than the ‘new’ Conan, just 'cause Kane has never been repped in film.

Looks like some shitty acting.

This already came out in Ireland, its very enjoyable but don’t get your hopes up too high its a popcorn film.

[quote]redstar144 wrote:
This already came out in Ireland, its very enjoyable but don’t get your hopes up too high its a popcorn film.[/quote]

I am huge Robert E. Howard, reader.

He was a ‘pulp’ writer. Conan/Kull/Kane are the popcorn-movie-ancestors…

Thus I hope it is ‘popcorny.’

If I want to be dazzled by some vast intellect I will look elsewhere…This would suck if they tried to make this too ‘great.’

[quote]Antares wrote:

[quote]redstar144 wrote:
This already came out in Ireland, its very enjoyable but don’t get your hopes up too high its a popcorn film.[/quote]

If I want to be dazzled by some vast intellect I will look elsewhere…This would suck if they tried to make this too ‘great.’
[/quote]

BUMP

Looks like I got a new friend.

[quote]Antares wrote:

[quote]redstar144 wrote:

[/quote]

You read Howard, so you definitely get it. Noone should go into a sword and sorcery movie expecting it to change their life. Some things are specifically designed so you check your brain in at the counter and just enjoy the ride.

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:

[quote]Antares wrote:

[quote]redstar144 wrote:

[/quote]

You read Howard, so you definitely get it. Noone should go into a sword and sorcery movie expecting it to change their life. Some things are specifically designed so you check your brain in at the counter and just enjoy the ride.[/quote]

This is what I’ve been saying for a lot of the movie discussions. Most times, I don’t want to have to think during a movie. Mindless enjoyment is what I seek. This movie looks badass and falls into that realm. People are too… screw it. The word escapes me.

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:

[quote]Antares wrote:

[quote]redstar144 wrote:

[/quote]

You read Howard, so you definitely get it. Noone should go into a sword and sorcery movie expecting it to change their life. Some things are specifically designed so you check your brain in at the counter and just enjoy the ride.[/quote]

This is what I’ve been saying for a lot of the movie discussions. Most times, I don’t want to have to think during a movie. Mindless enjoyment is what I seek. This movie looks badass and falls into that realm. People are too… screw it. The word escapes me.[/quote]

I know what you mean. It’s like there’s this desire to come off as better or above the material. Same type of mentality you get in the other forums when you are discussing training or diet or something of that nature. Like it’s wrong if it isn’t complicated and over-analyzed. I think the proper term may be “intellectual snobbery”.

Watched it today. Pretty good fun, lots of swords and sorcery, and Solomon Kane is a hard nut.

Not great but well worth a watch.

I know what you mean. It’s like there’s this desire to come off as better or above the material. Same type of mentality you get in the other forums when you are discussing training or diet or something of that nature. Like it’s wrong if it isn’t complicated and over-analyzed. I think the proper term may be “intellectual snobbery”.

[/quote]

Really here it is more ‘pseudo intellectual’, but yeah it is really a narrow perception, it’s an exclusive/superior, philosophy, lacks the understanding, humility, and any sense commonality/universality, ideas with superficial contradictions are impossible to grasp it seems as well…

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Antares wrote:

[quote]redstar144 wrote:

[/quote]

BUMP

Looks like I got a new friend.[/quote]

Wah? Are dudes whom enjoy ass-kicking-flicks, that uncommon here?

‘Hail and well met good sir’

Any word on a release date here in the US? I remember seeing the trailer about 4-5 months ago and thinking it looks cool.

satan or whoever was in that dark clock kinda looks like Tyrael

Hope all this snobbery stuff isn’t directed at me. I enjoy swords and sorcery as much as the next man, I just meant its entertaining without being amazing, perhaps popcorn movie was a poor choice of words.

[quote]redstar144 wrote:
Hope all this snobbery stuff isn’t directed at me. I enjoy swords and sorcery as much as the next man, I just meant its entertaining without being amazing, perhaps popcorn movie was a poor choice of words.[/quote]

I can’t speak for any one else, but I’m cool with you.

So far…