Soloflex Machine Opinions?

Does anyone know if the Soloflex machine is worth owning?

I think these do the same thing for less money, but there is no bench to sit on while lacing up your shoes.

3 Likes

No IMO. I would spend my money on a good bar and plates over machines any day (and the soloflex doesn’t appear to even be a great machine).

You could probably find 100 on craigs list for a fraction of the cost.
If it is a steal and you have the space, maybe

1 Like

The only cool movement that this apparatus would be good for is the suspended, inverted sit-up (think Stallone in Rocky 4).
Otherwise ownership of said machine is not getting anyone laid…

Free weights & calisthenics FTW!

Theres none on the east coast!

There’s a couple current Craigslist posts with Soloflex machines for sale in the Mid-Atlantic region (Maryland & Pennsylvania).

Without making fun has anyone had extensive experience with the soloflex machine?

To be fair, you’re gonna have a hard time finding anyone on this site who even knows what a soloflex is. I’ve been in the lifting game for 13+ years and had to Google it. If you’re seriously looking into training with a soloflex, I do not believe T Nation is an appropriate community for you and you may be better served surfing through Reddit or Quora fitness communities.

Honestly - I got a Weider bench during lockdown from the '90s that had some leg extension thingy attached to it with some rubber ring that apparently provided the resistance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGvL2EUpzyQ
From what I can see, it’s nearly identical to the soloflex. It was absolute garbage - this looks about the same. Not to be discouraging, but I’d spend my money pretty much anywhere else.

Here’s an interesting read on the soloflex.

“not that there’s anything wrong with that…” :joy:

2 Likes

I get the best chest and shoulder workouts using Soloflex and shock rings.

1 Like