Solid Training Programs?

I have done part of I,Bodybuider and am impressed by it’s ability to stimulate muscle growth with very short workouts. However, I am interested in following a long term training program. I have followed five months of Sheiko’s Powerlifting program and I loved it. It is a great program to follow if you want to get very strong. The massive fatigue felt by the program was a little much for the workload that I have right now.

I am not looking to develop my own program because I believe there are people out there who specialize in this stuff who would do a better job. My time would be better spent following someone else who is a master of this sport.

Does anyone know of any great long term training programs?

Thanks,
Jason

What about liquid training programs?

[quote]ericcartman wrote:
What about liquid training programs?[/quote]

u mean the protocol?

OP, what are your goals, current stats etc? What do you hope to achieve in the next year? be as specific as possible. We don’t know much from your post except that you liked the Sheiko program.

OP, what are your goals, current stats etc? What do you hope to achieve in the next year? be as specific as possible. We don’t know much from your post except that you liked the Sheiko program.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:

[quote]ericcartman wrote:
What about liquid training programs?[/quote]

u mean the protocol?[/quote]

hahahaha

[quote]jason1234 wrote:
I have done part of I,Bodybuider and am impressed by it’s ability to stimulate muscle growth with very short workouts. However, I am interested in following a long term training program. I have followed five months of Sheiko’s Powerlifting program and I loved it. It is a great program to follow if you want to get very strong. The massive fatigue felt by the program was a little much for the workload that I have right now.

I am not looking to develop my own program because I believe there are people out there who specialize in this stuff who would do a better job. My time would be better spent following someone else who is a master of this sport.

Thanks,
Jason[/quote]

The “masters of the sport” all train according to their own program, many of them training instinctively. It’s important to be able to develop your own program if you want to be successful at bodybuilding, because it means you understand your own body.

Do you really think any of the Ronnie Colemans or Arnold Schwarzeneggers of the sport followed ‘german volume training’ or a ‘I BBer’ for years up until they became pros and then randomly decided to do their own thing?

p90x

/thread

Bench: 245lb
Deadlift: 445lb
Squat: 335lb

6’5" 220lb

I just want a program to follow constantly to stay in shape. I would like to build muscle but my main priority is to have something to follow on a consistent basis where I don’t have to deal with writing my own programs. Sheiko worked very well for me, I gained 20lbs and ~220lbs on my three lifts in three months. However, the work load and time commitment became unreasonable. I don’t believe that my little experience in weight training is sufficient to develop a training program that would work great for me.

@mr popular: Did I ever suggest that? I suggest you read my post before coming to such conclusions. I am not looking to be a professional, but am merely looking to stay fit.

[quote]mr popular wrote:

[quote]jason1234 wrote:

Thanks,
Jason[/quote]

The “masters of the sport” all train according to their own program, many of them training instinctively. It’s important to be able to develop your own program if you want to be successful at bodybuilding, because it means you understand your own body.

Do you really think any of the Ronnie Colemans or Arnold Schwarzeneggers of the sport followed ‘german volume training’ or a ‘I BBer’ for years up until they became pros and then randomly decided to do their own thing?[/quote]

Correct.

And I BBer isn’t similar at all to how 99.9% of BBers train.

Why are you considering doing a Sheiko routine when you’re concerned with bodybuilding (assuming you are considering you’re in the BB forum)?

Clearly you’re a noob, despite how long you’ve been training; people who don’t know what direction to go in are usually noobs - even if they’re trained for a decade (yeah, you can be a noob for a decade).

So being you’re a noob and probably still have less-than-stellar lifts and stats, it very well might be good for you to follow a generic routine for 3 to 6 months and then come up with your own stuff. Many people have success in the beginning following generic full body routines. Pick one, learn how to lift, and then design your own program, preferably sooner than later.

Bricknyce: Where did I say that I was considering following Sheiko? I said that I had followed Sheiko in the past. It appears that your self-proclaimed greatness does not extend to reading comprehension. Thank you for your useless post.

You are posting in the bodybuilding training thread so I assume you are looking for a long term bodybuilding plan.
one of the members here, MODOK, has made great progress with a program called Big Beyond Belief (as have I, but I did not post about it). You can do some preliminary research by reading those threads. That’s a program (the e-book is only $20) that will last a minimum of 18 weeks (whether you train 4 or 6 days a week).

I mention that since you were looking for something long term. There are of course plenty of programs on this site that are from 4-8 weeks in length.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/optimum_training_systems_big_beyond_belief_program_?id=3089755&pageNo=0

Thanks IamMarqaos. I am interested in this program. I am researching it.

[quote]jason1234 wrote:
Bricknyce: Where did I say that I was considering following Sheiko? I said that I had followed Sheiko in the past. It appears that your self-proclaimed greatness does not extend to reading comprehension. Thank you for your useless post.[/quote]

You’re welcome!

I don’t know what it’s called but I recall someone, somewhere doing this type of ‘plan’:

• Pick a bodypart/group and train it one day (eg. “Chest”) using several sets of reps of your choosing (eg. 3-4 sets of 6 to 10 reps).
  • Pick another body part and train it the next day (eg. “Legs” or “Back” or “Something not what you did the day before”
  • Eat a fuckton of food throughout the day making sure to get a fuckton of protein
  • Sleep
  • Repeat until all bodyparts are trained at least once for the week.
  • Check to see if you’re getting bigger/stronger, if not, adjust accordingly

Has anyone ever done this one?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I don’t know what it’s called but I recall someone, somewhere doing this type of ‘plan’:

• Pick a bodypart/group and train it one day (eg. “Chest”) using several sets of reps of your choosing (eg. 3-4 sets of 6 to 10 reps).
  • Pick another body part and train it the next day (eg. “Legs” or “Back” or “Something not what you did the day before”
  • Eat a fuckton of food throughout the day making sure to get a fuckton of protein
  • Sleep

Has anyone ever done this one?[/quote]

It sounds vaguely familiar but since it didn’t have a catchy acronym I like totally spaced out and forgot it.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

• Sleep

Tried that once, didn’t like how much sense it made, and there was not nearly enough inwardfacing-pinkie twist tricep kickbacks to keep me going. :smiley:

OP, one program that is about as simple and long term as can be is the following the weight progression of Wendler’s 5/3/1 and alternate between the suggested assistance “templates” in order to fill out the program.

I mention this because you said you enjoyed Sheiko so thought you may want to consider another power lifting weight progression template.

Gl in your hunt.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

• Sleep

I think I remember some dude called Ronnie Coleman doing it.

I don’t understand how people are having so much difficulty with this.