T Nation

Solid Diet Plan?

I have been working out for about a year, and just recently started to follow an actual "diet". I am a skinny fat guy, and have started to gain noticeable muscle while shredding a bit of fat. I just want to see if the diet I am following is solid.

Break feast:
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
one whole grain toast

lunch:
1 whole weat wrap or 2 whole grain toastes
turkey
lettuce
slice of cheese

jack3d+workout

post workout:
scoop of whey+12ounces of skim milk+fish oil+glutamine+multi vit

dinner:
chicken breast
lettuce
broccli

before sleep:
cottage cheese

workout: lift as heavy as possible [always 30min of biking of elliptical after workout]
chest+tri
black+bi
rest
legs+shoulders

I have been reading this site for awhile, and this what I have compiled from reading around a lot. Hope this is good for my wanted to loose my flab and maybe gain some muscle in the process. I provided some numbers incase that helps.

Weight:130ish, around 15%BF
Bench: 170ish max
Squat: 225 max
Deadlift: [Don't know yet because trying to perfect the form since my legs are already mangled.
Row: 145-150 max

Looks fine but at 130ish and 15% bodyfat, you need to be focusing on eating enough for size.

Do you know what total calories and macros that diet is? Add some red meat into it.

I really couldn't tell you how many calories. I would add red meat, but my parents don't allow red meat in the house due to their religion.

Can you recommend any other type of foods to add? As a general thing I have been trying to keep no carbs after post workout in order to cut.

Thanks for the help.

I really couldn't tell you the exact calorie amounts, because I simply don't know as of yet. Also for the red meat I can't have that in my house due my parents religion.

Is there any other foods I could maybe add? I try to cut out carbs after post workout because I read that will help you loose some fat.

Thanks for the reply

eat big to get big..if your skinny fat, you should look to add size...therefore eat MORE food..i dont give a shit what it is...EAT!!!

I could eat what you eat in a whole day...in one meal. Which isn't saying much because you only weigh 130 but you need to eat more, which is the point.

Triple the eggs and meat in your diet and keep the carbs the same. Keep a food log and learn what kind of portions work best for you.

clearly according to you guys I need to eat a lot more, and I know you guys said just to eat anything but I just like having a PLAN. I am very systematic. ALso by adding size and eating clean calories, will this help me get bigger at the same time shred some fat?

Break feast:
2 whole egg
4 egg whites
one whole grain toast

lunch:
2 whole grain toastes
turkey [more than before]
lettuce
slice of cheese

jack3d+workout

post workout:
scoop of whey+12ounces of skim milk+fish oil+glutamine+multi vit

Random scoop of whey before dinner.

dinner:
chicken breast [more than before]
lettuce
broccli

before sleep:
cottage cheese+casein whey

First off what are your goals? How much mass do you want to add? My goal is about 20 lbs. I'm 5'8" and 159 now. I eat between 3000 and 3500 calories per day. I didn't pay attention to height but if you are average height you should be able to add a pound a week. Here are the basics of what I eat:

Breakfast
5 Egg whites plus 3 regular eggs
1/2 cup of oatmeal

Snack 1
1 cup of cottage cheese
1 Whole wheat english muffin with 1Tb spoon of natural peanut butter
1 Protein shake

Lunch
7 oz of chicken/8 oz of round steak/8 oz tilapia filet
1 serving of veggies

Preworkout
1 sweet potato

After workout
1 Banana
1 Protein shake

Dinner
Basically the same as lunch

Before Bed
1 Casein Protein shake

Throughout the day I drink a mass gainer.

My MAIN goal is to lose the fat, but according to all the information I have to get bigger and the fat will also burn off at the same time. I am 130 and 5'10. For lunch do you choose one of the meats or do you eat all of them?

So after reading all the post over few times and reading a lot of articles and forum posts on this site I have learned few things.

I am going to follow that diet posted above, and basically I learned that if I eat clean I can gain muscle and fat will come off too.

Now the last problem I ran into is my workout. I read ALWAYS lift heavy and do multiple parts a day and I am having trouble finding a good workout.

This is my current new workout: any other recommendation. I really appreciate all the help. I know all my reps should go down, but not sure what is the sweet spot numbers.

[After day 4, it just repeats with same body parts with different exercises]

DAY 1a:
Incline 4x12-15
Flat 3x12
Incline flys 3x12
Pec deck 3x12
Skull crushers 4x12-15
Rope extensions 3x12
Pushdown 3x12
Crunch 4x20-25
Knee raise 4x20-25

DAY 2a:
Wide grip chins 4x12-15
Wide rows 3x12
Narrow pulldown 4x12-15
Hyper extensions 3x12
Concentration curls 4x12-15
Ez bar curl 3x12

DAY 3a: REST

DAY 4a:
Squats 4x12-15
Leg extensions 3x12
Leg curl 4x12-15
Stiff deadlifts 3x12
Calf raise 3x12
Dumbell shoulder press 4x12-15
Lateral raise 3x12
Reverse cable fly 3x12
Smith machine shrugs 4x12-15
rope crunch 4x20-25
Hanging knee raise 4x20-25

NEXT WORKOUT

DAY 1b:
Incline barbell bench 4x12-15
Flat barbell bench 3x12
Flat flys 3x12
Cable crossover 3x12
Reverse grip pushdowns 4x12-15
Dumbbell kickback 3x12
Dumbbel extension 3x12
Weight incline crunch 4x20-25
Hip thrust 4x20-25

DAY 2b:
Widegrip pulldowns 4x12-15
Bent over dumbbell rows 3x12
Good morning 3x12
One arm dumbbel row 3x12
Preacher curl 4x12-15
Dumbbell curl 3x12

DAY 3b: REST

DAY 4b:
Leg press 4x12-15
Lunges 3x12
Leg curl 4x12-15
Staight leg dead lifts 3x12
Standing calf raises 3x12-15
Smith machine press 4x12-15
Dumbbel lateral raise 3x12
Dumbbell rear delt flys 3x12
Upright rows 3x12
Weighted incline crunches 4x20-25
Hip thrusts 4x20-25

START ALL OVER

Cool story, bro!

It might not make a huge difference, but you might consider having the fish oil and multi-vitamin with dinner instead of PWO. That way there's no fat intake slowing down your digestion after you lift. Something to think about, at least.

Perhaps trying to overthink things just a little? Why should it really matter if he has a little bit of fat in his PWO meal, so long as he's getting the calories and nutrients he needs throughout the day to grow? That should be his focus, not trying to plan things right down to a T. Am I going to avoid a cup of oats PWO because it has 8g of fat, or my eggs, despite the fact that they're loaded with highly bioavailable protein? Shit, no. Besides, the anti-imflammatory effects of the fish oils will do nothing but benefit his body in its post-workout state.

I know I don't have to be down to the T just helps with a good guideline.

Also for my protein drinks, I am using ON 100% protein, because I truly do love their protein. I am assuming I should only take one scoop with milk since if I take 2 I would be going over 50g of protein and I have read many place that intake of more than 50g of protein will go to waste.

I haven't bought casein yet, I will prob go with ON, but any recommendation would be nice

Also I hope that gives me enough calories because I do not feel like spending even more money for a mass gainer if ON is good enough supplemented with what I am eating alreadying

Breakfast
5 Egg whites plus 3 regular eggs
1/2 cup of oatmeal

Snack 1
1 cup of cottage cheese
1 Whole wheat english muffin with 1Tb spoon of natural peanut butter
1 ON Protein shake + %2milk 12oz

Lunch
7 oz of chicken/8 oz of round steak/8 oz tilapia filet
1 serving of veggies

Preworkout
1 sweet potato

After workout
1 Banana
1 ON Protein shake + %2milk 12oz

Dinner
Basically the same as lunch

Before Bed
1 Casein Protein shake + %2milk 12oz

I personally still don't know what to believe regarding the "how much protein can you absorb in one sitting" debate. However, I would still say to go with one scoop and make your supplement last longer; not because you may not absorb that much all at once, but because the diet you've outlined should see you hitting your daily protein requirements no problem. Why eat more protein just for the sake of it (at this stage at least)?

alright thanks, that makes a lot of sense. And as far as brand ON should be fine right? I don't need a mass gainer or anything...

Never tried ON whey myself, but it's a reputable brand so should be grand. Mass gainers will only really come into it if you can't get enough calories from whole food, which you'll manage if you make the effort. Spend the majority of your money on the solid stuff, not the powdered stuff.

I do believe the majority of posters in this thread have ignored this point! Wanted to highlight for emphasis.

How did people ignore this? I feel like everyone told me advice to gain weight and get bigger

A few of the later posts were wayyyyy to focused on the minutiae of the situation. Starting at such a low weight, you really need to just focus on the basics. And no, not just, EAT MORE, EAT ANYTHING!...but rather, pick up a few new healthy eating habits, stick to them, and eat a caloric surplus, while progressing on your lifts each week.