Soldiers Teasing Kids

A couple of sad soldiers here…

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=11bf57cf1f&p=1

hey, those kids were getting some cardio done. look at the bright side.

how do you know those kids weren’t strapped with bombs? :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s just wrong. While it may seem innocent to the soldiers, those kids will always remember that.

That kid can run though, huh?

DB

[quote]PGA wrote:

Sad Marines not soldiers…pretty idiotic to videotape that…I can imagine how they laughed about it back at the Camp.

Bushitler SENT these mean, mis-treating bastard sons-a-bitches to Iraq to torture those kids! That was torture! Pure and simple. That vehicle was Guantanamo on wheels as far as I’m concerned.

I guess Bill Maher was right all along! There is damned good reason for them to hate us…and kill us. We tease their kids. He made that kid run. Made him run. For water. Sure. Sure. Those soldiers might get killed by roadside bomb next week. But that’s nothing compared to what they put those poor, poor, peace-loving Iraqi kids through.

Bush lied, kids died! No blood for oil!

I hope Michael Moore does an expose on those servicemen.

I love how the liberal left pretends to ‘honor’ the service of our men in the field, but they are quick to air anything that will enable them to react with outrage and cry torture!

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
That’s just wrong. While it may seem innocent to the soldiers, those kids will always remember that.

DB[/quote]

You can’t toss out water to everyone. Anyone that has actually been in that situation knows that this isn’t that big of a deal. If I only had one water bottle or candy bar to give out, it’s going to the kid that wants it the most. It is quite understandable though that it looks bad to you guys. Besides, are we missing the worst part of this thing? Those kids on the side jumping on it before the running kid got it really really sucks.

mike

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
You can’t toss out water to everyone. Anyone that has actually been in that situation knows that this isn’t that big of a deal. If I only had one water bottle or candy bar to give out, it’s going to the kid that wants it the most. It is quite understandable though that it looks bad to you guys. Besides, are we missing the worst part of this thing? Those kids on the side jumping on it before the running kid got it really really sucks.

mike[/quote]

C’mon man. Sure you cant give water to everyone but you dont make kids beg, chase and then laugh at thme while they cahse your humvee whil you and your boy laugh it up at that. Thats ridiculous.

[quote]PGA wrote:

Damn man, do you have anything better to do with your time. I’m not going to comment on this video, but since you seem to have a big problem with it, why don’t you go hand out water bottles to Iraqi’s? I didn’t even see this thread when I made the comment that you just bitch about everything and don’t do anything to help a situation. You’re a bag of shit.

[quote]NDM wrote:
PGA wrote:

Damn man, do you have anything better to do with your time. I’m not going to comment on this video, but since you seem to have a big problem with it, why don’t you go hand out water bottles to Iraqi’s? I didn’t even see this thread when I made the comment that you just bitch about everything and don’t do anything to help a situation. You’re a bag of shit. [/quote]

So I look at the news and “I dont have anything better to do.” Yet you’re stalking me in threads and trying to insult me. See any irony in there?

Pretty sad video.

The saddest part is the kid must have sprinted a good half mile and then didn’t even get the water :frowning: Poor little trooper.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
I love how the liberal left pretends to ‘honor’ the service of our men in the field, but they are quick to air anything that will enable them to react with outrage and cry torture![/quote]

Aren’t you the guy who was saying how everyone making under $80,000 is a poor piece of shit and probably a disgusting criminal?

And of course, being hyper-intelligent, I’m sure you would realize that the majority of military service members make under $80,000?

In the first Gulf conflict, I saw British soldiers putting cigarettes in the mouth of corpses and laughing at them. Seems it human nature to do thoughtless things. Then again, fighting for your country or not, lots of people who join the military are total assholes. Just like in civilian life too I spose.

I’m at home right now with a foot injury. I can’t really walk around right now. Because of that, I am at my computer most of the day, as it entertains me and I can see the TV from here. That’s the only reason I have time to post here so often.

Stalking you in threads? I saw a thread about soldiers, and it interested me (maybe I am a solider?) I wasn’t too surprised when I saw you started the thread. If you saw this on the news, be outraged. Whatever. But coming on a forum and talking about it isn’t helping the poor children in Iraq. If you think the situation is so bad, why don’t you help out? Instead, your self righteous ass types away on a keyboard, and then you feel as if you’ve done your civic duty. You’re a hero man.

DB[/quote]

What, those kids will remember that the Americans gave them pure drinking water? Outrageous! Give me a break. Some of those kids probably have family members who were brutally murdered in front of them by Baathist officers or Taliban/Al Quaeda nut-jobs. Yes, it only LOOKS outrageous from our soft, squishy American perspective. I’m sure American forces are followed by begging kids everywhere they go. The VietCong used to have kids beg for stuff from American soldiers and then turn them into weapons. Yes, you can make a bomb out of a water bottle. So many factors we don’t know about this video. Once again so many are quick to fault American forces.

DB[/quote]

If it weren’t for all the Iraqi Olympic officials being dead I’d say they should take at look at that kid for 2016.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

DB

mike[/quote]

There’s a right way to conduct business and a wrong way. This way was not right. Don’t try to spin it by saying they gave it to the kid that wanted it most. If that were the case, why didn’t they drop it several hundred yards back after the other kids dropped out? There’s no way to defend the way they handled this, in my mind.

DB

[quote]PGJ wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

DB

What, those kids will remember that the Americans gave them pure drinking water? Outrageous! Give me a break. Some of those kids probably have family members who were brutally murdered in front of them by Baathist officers or Taliban/Al Quaeda nut-jobs. Yes, it only LOOKS outrageous from our soft, squishy American perspective. I’m sure American forces are followed by begging kids everywhere they go. The VietCong used to have kids beg for stuff from American soldiers and then turn them into weapons. Yes, you can make a bomb out of a water bottle. So many factors we don’t know about this video. Once again so many are quick to fault American forces.
[/quote]

I heard about this guy who waved at US troops from a window and after they waved back he aimed an rpg-7 at them. Friendly !

[quote]Dr Stig wrote:
In the first Gulf conflict, I saw British soldiers putting cigarettes in the mouth of corpses and laughing at them. Seems it human nature to do thoughtless things. Then again, fighting for your country or not, lots of people who join the military are total assholes. Just like in civilian life too I spose.[/quote]

People do a lot of things during war time to blow off tension and the fear of one’s own death. It cannot be understood by people not in those situations. Nor should it be forgiven. Some of the acts are done by assholes. Some by ‘regular’ people who are temporarily driven to the edge by fear. Some get over it. Some do not. Sometimes I think the luckiest ones are the ones who don’t make it home to have to face their friends and relatives knowing what they once were capable of doing. The unlucky ones struggle forward knowing that an even worse hell awaits them in the future.

The truly amazing thing is that this is repeated with almost every generation. How many thousands of generations will have to go through this before the horror of war is genetically passed on instead of its glorification?

[quote]PGJ wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

DB

[/quote]

You’re barking up the wrong tree saying that I’m quick to fault American Forces - I was one for many years and I have the utmost respect for them, especially the ones that conduct themselves in a manner befitting the uniform. If someone under my command had done this, I would be none-too-pleased. The right way to handle the situation we’re discussing would be to not offer the water in the first place and just drive away.

What I’m saying is that there’s a right way and a wrong way to conduct yourself as a servicemember, and this was not the right way. In the scheme of the war, this is a small, small incident, but there’s still no defense for this kind of behavior. When you start dehumanizing people, even in small ways, it’s a helluva lot easier to do it in big situations that can get your ass court-martialed. Don’t believe me? Do a little research into it.

What bothers me more is that one little thing like this wipes out 100 good deeds by U.S. GIs.

DB

PGJ wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

DB

You’re barking up the wrong tree saying that I’m quick to fault American Forces - I was one for many years and I have the utmost respect for them, especially the ones that conduct themselves in a manner befitting the uniform. If someone under my command had done this, I would be none-too-pleased. The right way to handle the situation we’re discussing would be to not offer the water in the first place and just drive away.

What I’m saying is that there’s a right way and a wrong way to conduct yourself as a servicemember, and this was not the right way. In the scheme of the war, this is a small, small incident, but there’s still no defense for this kind of behavior. When you start dehumanizing people, even in small ways, it’s a helluva lot easier to do it in big situations that can get your ass court-martialed. Don’t believe me? Do a little research into it.

What bothers me more is that one little thing like this wipes out 100 good deeds by U.S. GIs.

DB[/quote]

Very good points. If I was in charge and saw my guys doing that I would have had them knock it off and I would have made them destroy the video. It just kind of reminded me of the video of the Marine shooting the injured “insurgent” a while ago. Everyone went high and to the right and practically crucified the Marine and the Marine Corps before even asking about the situation. It just LOOKED wrong from our safe, comfortable, American livingrooms.

We don’t know the rules of engagement or rules regarding handing out supplies. I personally think the guys were being jerks, but maybe those guys in the video were under orders to NOT give out supplies and chose to break the rules and give this kid some water. Maybe they weren’t allowed to hand stuff out within a certain area and waited until their vehicle was outside that area before giving it up. We don’t know for sure.