T Nation

Soldiers Having Fun

I thought there was a war going on over there? I’m glad these scumbag mother fuckers found the time to do this.

Throwing rocks at a crippled dog who’s just laying in a shithole existence minding its own business.

Nicely done.

im not justifying their actions, but why the need to call our soldiers that? we put our lives on the line for our country and what our country asks us to do. maybe you dont agree with what our country is doing, but that is on a political level much higher than what we decide. if you disagree, go vote, but dont call us that, we volunteered to serve and protect our country, and that means doing what is asked.

[quote]windmill85 wrote:
im not justifying their actions, but why the need to call our soldiers that? we put our lives on the line for our country and what our country asks us to do. maybe you dont agree with what our country is doing, but that is on a political level much higher than what we decide. if you disagree, go vote, but dont call us that, we volunteered to serve and protect our country, and that means doing what is asked. [/quote]

Sorry pal. They’re assholes. This has NOTHING to do with politics. These soldiers are complete assholes and a disgrace to the uniform they wear.

[quote]windmill85 wrote:
im not justifying their actions, but why the need to call our soldiers that? we put our lives on the line for our country and what our country asks us to do. maybe you dont agree with what our country is doing, but that is on a political level much higher than what we decide. if you disagree, go vote, but dont call us that, we volunteered to serve and protect our country, and that means doing what is asked. [/quote]

No soldier should be involved in any actions that disgrace the uniform. Even if they are under orders to do so.

The bad actions of a few give a bad name to all. This is how the media make generalizations and a story gets blown out of proportion.

No matter what you do, someone may be following you, and the video will land up on youtube. Keep that in mind.

Yes, clearly they are war criminals for trying to get that dog on film walking on two legs without getting close enough to get bit. They are much worse than any bored kid in the US or anywhere else in the whole fucking world. Please kill them.

Being a soldier has nothing to do with harassing a crippled dog. PGA wasn’t calling all soldiers scumbags, just those assholes.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Throwing rocks at a crippled dog who’s just laying in a shithole existence minding its own business.

Nicely done.[/quote]

Thanks. Saves me the trouble of watching it.

[quote]PGA wrote:
windmill85 wrote:
im not justifying their actions, but why the need to call our soldiers that? we put our lives on the line for our country and what our country asks us to do. maybe you dont agree with what our country is doing, but that is on a political level much higher than what we decide. if you disagree, go vote, but dont call us that, we volunteered to serve and protect our country, and that means doing what is asked.

Sorry pal. They’re assholes. This has NOTHING to do with politics. These soldiers are complete assholes and a disgrace to the uniform they wear.[/quote]

Agreed.

A uniform/job does not give “leeway” and change the fact that they are assholes.

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
Yes, clearly they are war criminals for trying to get that dog on film walking on two legs without getting close enough to get bit. They are much worse than any bored kid in the US or anywhere else in the whole fucking world. Please kill them.[/quote]

Clearly your blinders didn’t allow you to see them chucking rocks at the dog and tormenting him as he was there lying and waiting to die. Nope, probably not.

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
Yes, clearly they are war criminals for trying to get that dog on film walking on two legs without getting close enough to get bit. They are much worse than any bored kid in the US or anywhere else in the whole fucking world. Please kill them.[/quote]

Not the point that they are acting like kids or not…or that they should be punished.

What they should be doing however is acting like adults and not slack jawed yockles with guns, and not disgracing the uniform that their wearing.

[quote]windmill85 wrote:

I support our troops, and their families who also sacrifice for our country. I have seen first hand the devastation that occurs when a young soldier loses his life and leaves a family behind.

That said, PGA called it as he saw it. I don’t think the fact that they are soldiers has anything to do with what he thinks of them. If they were some board kids stateside doing the same thing they would still be douchbags.

Would they be assholes if they shot it? (without throwing rocks at it first) I probably would have shot it just to put it out of its misery.

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
Yes, clearly they are war criminals for trying to get that dog on film walking on two legs without getting close enough to get bit.[/quote]

I guess you missed at the end of the clip when the guy, while laughing, said “I really want to kill that thing, dude. Can we kill it?”

I don’t care how “bored” a soldier gets. That’s completely unacceptable.

[quote]PGA wrote:

Clearly your blinders didn’t allow you to see them chucking rocks at the dog and tormenting him as he was there lying and waiting to die. Nope, probably not.[/quote]

Yeah, and when I was younger I shot some birds with a bb gun and I didn’t even eat them! Hippies hate it when you do that.

It’s a dying dog who walks on two legs when pestered by some some soldiers. If they are assholes, so what? It’s not like they set the damn thing on fire and roasted marshmallows over the corpse or something. Wah.

I’m glad those valiant American Heroes™ are over there fighting evil terrorist canines. They torment them over there so that we don’t have to face them here.

How many 3-legged dog-bombings have there been on US soil since 2003? Exactly.

Don’t let Al-Fido manipulate your thinking.

[quote]Colucci wrote:

I guess you missed at the end of the clip when the guy, while laughing, said “I really want to kill that thing, dude. Can we kill it?”

I don’t care how “bored” a soldier gets. That’s completely unacceptable.[/quote]

Well yeah, if the thing is as miserable as it looks, I might rather see it killed as well. The fact that he’s laughing doesn’t phase me in the least.

These guys probably have to face down “civilians” with AKs and potential roadside bombs every other day. If the best they can do for entertainment is filming a freak of a dog and then putting it out of it’s misery, I’m certainly not going to start a movement to see them prosecuted for animal cruelty.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Would they be assholes if they shot it? (without throwing rocks at it first) I probably would have shot it just to put it out of its misery. [/quote]

That’s what a merciful person would have done to put the poor animal out of it’s misery. Just like in “Old Yeller”.

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
Yeah, and when I was younger I shot some birds with a bb gun and I didn’t even eat them! Hippies hate it when you do that.

It’s a dying dog who walks on two legs when pestered by some some soldiers. If they are assholes, so what? It’s not like they set the damn thing on fire and roasted marshmallows over the corpse or something. Wah.[/quote]

I feel sorry for you and anybody you may get close to. May god or whoever give them the strength to endure you.

Take care.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Would they be assholes if they shot it? (without throwing rocks at it first) I probably would have shot it just to put it out of its misery. [/quote]

Thats what they should have done. Rather than let it live and die a slow painful death or be used as an IED.

Show some respect to something that didn’t want the war yet became a casualty of it. The dog did nothing wrong yet he is crippled. The dog did nothing wrong yet these cocksuckingmotherfuckers had to fuck with him.