Soldier Quits Army

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
lixy, we humored the Paul supporters during the campaign season [/quote]

What? Is it over already? I thought they were just getting warmed up.

You certainly think high of yourself.

So Paul has lost, huh? Who won then? Rudy Giuliani? Hillary Clinton? Who?

[quote]lixy wrote:

So Paul has lost, huh? Who won then? Rudy Giuliani? Hillary Clinton? Who?[/quote]

Stop being obtuse, you know exactly what we mean.

It’s a process of elimination, and the chaff is beginning to be burned away, including Ron Paul.

Given the results thus far, it seems likely that Rudy and Edwards are next on the chopping block.

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
lixy wrote:

So Paul has lost, huh? Who won then? Rudy Giuliani? Hillary Clinton? Who?

Stop being obtuse, you know exactly what we mean.

It’s a process of elimination, and the chaff is beginning to be burned away, including Ron Paul.

Given the results thus far, it seems likely that Rudy and Edwards are next on the chopping block.[/quote]

I agree about Edwards, but I have a feeling Rudy will maybe pull out Florida. If he doesn’t then yeah I think he is gone. Mitt and Ron are really the only ones who seem to have the money to keep going.

[quote]Rocky101 wrote:
I agree about Edwards, but I have a feeling Rudy will maybe pull out Florida. If he doesn’t then yeah I think he is gone. Mitt and Ron are really the only ones who seem to have the money to keep going.
[/quote]

It seems like I read somewhere that Rudy was conceding all the early primary states to focus on the later ones.

If that’s true, then he’s not “done” done yet, but I think he’s behind the eight-ball after being a total non-factor through the first month of the primary season.

A couple of us supporting him (I did in the past) never thought he would win the nomination. We wanted him to have a decent enough showing to make the Republican party realize that it’s time to rethink some positions. Outside of Thompson, who came off as unispired for too long, there are no Conservatives running. None.

When Hillary becomes President, the Republicans are going to have to figure out where the party is going, or they’ll continue to lose. Is it the party of tax cuts with increased spending? The party of foreign entanglements? Is it the party of federal mandates and new social programs? That’s how many of us see the party now. And well, that doesn’t feel Conservative. At least to me.

Oh well. I wonder if we’ll get Universal Healthcare in her first term.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
A couple of us supporting him (I did in the past) never thought he would win the nomination. We wanted him to have a decent enough showing to make the Republican party realize that it’s time to rethink some positions. Outside of Thompson, who came off as unispired for too long, there are no Conservatives running. None.

When Hillary becomes President, the Republicans are going to have to figure out where the party is going, or they’ll continue to lose. Is it the party of tax cuts with increased spending? The party of foreign entanglements? Is it the party of federal mandates and new social programs? That’s how many of us see the party now. And well, that doesn’t feel Conservative. At least to me.

Oh well. I wonder if we’ll get Universal Healthcare in her first term.[/quote]

Well put. Although I don’t think either of the two main Democrats, as bad as they are on a ton of issues, could do as much damage to conservatism and the country as Bush did. That goes for all the Republicans too, except Rudy.