'Soft Steps to a Hard Body' Book

Dr. Darden,

Just received this book yesterday and read the first 25 pages…this is a great book, I love how you go into more detail and provide some great ideas with each subject…i.e cereal, salad, soup and fruit…where to eat…

Can’t wait to read the rest

Thanks, dan

Please tell me more about this book - I have never heard of it. When was it released? What type of Darden training does it contain?

It was released in 1993

It has 3 sections, EATING, EXERCISING and PERSEVERING

each section has short chapters of Advice of how to do things

1 Like

2 Likes

I am on a mission to get as many books as I can with Ellington Darden as the author

2 Likes

That’s a very good mission to be on!! I look at a lot of book auctions that sell books by the shelf and I keep hoping to see one that has a shelf full of Darden books , ha ha!!
Scott

1 Like

I love the artwork!

3 Likes

This is what I like about ED. His writing can be considered a little dry, but he is direct and straightforward.

Whenever I hear about magic diets to lose weight (keto, starch diet, you name it), it is always presented as “different” than plain old calorie restriction. It is effortless, and easy, unlike the horror and hunger of eating less.

As if eating just fat and meat, with next to no carbs (or you name the diet) is easy, with no deprivation involved. Sure thing, I have a bridge to sell you. Hocus focus.

A long time ago I saw a quote from Lou Ferrigno when he was getting back in shape for the Master’s Mr O or some such thing. There was a long involved question about his diet. His answer really stuck with me - “It’s the same trip for everybody”.

No magic, if you "desire a body that is not fatter than makes you happy" there is gonna be a little deprivation.

2 Likes

I actually think he is an entertaining writer along with being blunt and direct

1 Like

Received this book in the mail today…adding to my Darden collection…1978

2 Likes

Hocus pocus?

• You mean calories are still more important than the ‘hormonal affects’ of food? I can’t eat all the fat and protein I want and lean out?
  • I can’t do One Meal a Day without eventually have issues with nutrient deficiency?
  • You’re saying my metabolism won’t be revving at 200% eating eight, nine times a day?

Wow! I’m shocked! :rofl:

1 Like

20220202_150830

Three new books to add to my Darden collection

1 Like

Congratulations! I have 42 books of Dr. Darden in my library, including two issued in Russia. I think I don’t have just 5 or 6 in total.

My total so far is 28

In 1992, forty-four years after the famous Framingham project began, study director William Castelli, M.D., wrote the following in an editorial in the Archives of Internal Medicine: “In Framingham, Mass., the more saturated fat one ate, the more cholesterol one ate, the more calories one ate, the lower the person’s serum cholesterol… we found that people who ate the most cholesterol, ate the most saturated fat, [and] ate the most calories weighed the least and were the most physically active”.

what’s your favorite?

The Nautilus Book
The New Bodybuilding for Old School Results
Killing Fat

Yours?

“The Nautilus Advanced BB book”.
“The Nautilus BB Book” (the edition with Scott Wilson and Boyer Coe on the cover).
I also have a strong affinity to “The New HIT”: this is the book which introduced Dr. D and AJ to me.
I also like 'High Intensity Strength Training" and 'The New Bodybuilding for Old-School Results" .

1 Like

I have those too

How would you guys rate the Nautilus advanced BB book? What is significant from that one? Any special routines that come to mind? What’s the best with it?