Soft Foods Only - Diet Help

Hey everyone,
Here in just over a month I’m getting my lower 2 wisdom teeth extracted. Unfortunately, one of the two teeth is real close to the jaw bone and nerve endings in my mouth. It can be extracted (needs to be), but it’s going to leave the jaw vulernable to a break for 4-6 weeks, so the oral surgeon is recommending a soft food diet for that time while the jaw completely heals.

Obviously, I don’t want to lose all of my gains I’ve made the past few months, but I don’t want to break my jaw trying to chomp down on a burger, either.

Aside from eating lots of yogurt, cottage cheese and drinking every kind of protein shake I can think of, does anyone else have any good ideas of what I can add to my diet?

Thanks,
Dan

Just drink MRPS with lots of fish oil (Carlon’s lemon is what i use; you can buy it cheap online if you look around) and milled flaxseed, peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc.

You’ll probably end up being healthier than ever on this diet.

Sorry about your jaw :frowning:

Some things I like that are soft:

apple sauce with cinnamon (or other canned fruits without added sugars)

(even mix the fruit into a protein pudding for creamy consistency…YUM!)

PIES! Make your own high protein low carb pumpkin pie or cheese-cake. It’s super easy. PM me if you want recipies.

Really well cooked veggies are usually okay - like from frozen and then well cooked

creamed spinach - super full of nutrients and delicious - mix in cottage cheese if you want

bananas

oatmeal or cream of wheat

soft serve icecream for a treat

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope that helps. Get well soon.

beans, tuna, egg salad, ground beef cooked taco style or as chili…

just be creative.

for the first few days, you’ll be stuck to yogurt, cottage cheese and shakes. you may be sensitive to the cold though, so let them warm a little.

you shouldn’t take weeks and weeks to recover, even with extracted teeth. i had three of mine extracted and was eating solid food in a week in a half, graduating slightly from yogurt to the solid food in the time span.

I recently had all four of my wisdom teeth removed, and I’m not ashamed to admit that it kicked my ass. I feel that I usually have a very high pain threshhold, but that surgery threw me for a loop. My first piece of advice to you is to take the pain medication as soon as you get it; I tried to be a tough guy and hold off, and by the time the initial anesthesia wore off, I was in hell. Also, I spent the first couple of nights vomiting all the blood I swallowed.

As for the food, I only had to be on soft food for about a week, so I can only offer a little help. Yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, all work fine. Oatmeal was too much for me, but since I handle carbs well, I drank plenty of pure fruit juices (no sugar added) and Naked Juices. Protein shakes are a given. Smoothies of many different varieties worked well for me. Also, because I was looking to get as many calories in me, no matter what, just to keep from wasting away, I threw down milkshakes from local restaurants, something I never normally do. Actually, I ended up dropping a little unwanted fat during my experience, so I wasn’t too upset.

Whatever you do, I truly wish you good luck.

Protein cheesecake- My favorite

Cauliflower Mock mashed potatoes

Quiona is pretty soft… like grits

I have a KILLER protein shake recipe also.

PM me for recipes if you want em’.
Good luck with everything :wink:

Ohh man. I ate so much ice cream after I got my wisdom teeth out. Ill try to find this website I used to use sometimes that had like 200 protein shake recipes.

Really bro a blender/food processor and any food you want make it to baby food. Steak and tater pate anyone :slight_smile:

Best of luck

Phill