T Nation

Soft and Hard Deload.

Ok, I just read something on deloading which I hope solves my stalling problem on the overhead press but nothin is mentioned about the other excersisses that I’m not stuck on. What I’m not clear on is that i don’t know if i should do the same thing for the other excersises or is the technique applied to “only” the exercises that I’m stuck at and continue adding weight to the rest? This question might sound a little too obvious but damnit i want to be 100% clear bfore i start making mistakes.

There is no 100% certainty in strength training, you need to learn to listen to and rely on your own body more than the advice of an internet message board.

If you are stalling in progression on one out of five or six exercises, while the rest are moving along fine then look at that exercise. Deload, drop any conflicting accessory lifts etc. If you are stalling on your entire routine, you need to look at other factors; diet, rest, mental state etc.

Try it both ways.

Try one now, see if it works. If it doesn’t, try the other.

I think the best thing i can do right now is just buy Rippetoe’s book. Is it an online item only ?

[quote]Damner wrote:
I think the best thing i can do right now is just buy Rippetoe’s book. Is it an online item only ?[/quote]

You’ll likely only find it online. But it’s a published book, so theoretically you could have a bookstore order it for you.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=2487

50 pages on just squats…what the fuck? Who needs to read 50 opages of just one exercise. This book is for coaches accroding to the review on that link.

[quote]Damner wrote:
50 pages on just squats…what the fuck? Who needs to read 50 opages of just one exercise. This book is for coaches accroding to the review on that link.[/quote]

People who want to get better at doing squats? A short attention spam is no excuse for bad form.

I’m not trying to argue with anyone but 50 pages explaining how to do one exercise even if different variations are included it’s just ridiculous. Does it even include any programs? I think i’ll just keep coming to T-Nation for everything fitness.

You should see Artie Dreschler’s The Weightlifting Encyclopedia. Everyone says it’s a great book, because no one’s read it, because it’s so fucking long.

It is a great book, but there are several sections where he wastes a good bit of time in it.

Such is life.