The Breakfast Sandwich and Burrito Bulk - Jackolee

Amazing how the process speeds up when you cut out alcohol! I’ve had drinks once since Jan 1, but diet ha otherwise been in check.

What do your macros look like and how many meals late you having?

1 Like

I don’t really check lol

1 Like

Breakfast lunch and dinner and then a couple snacks mostly

1 Like

What I’ll probably do is put my weekly shop into my fitness pal and then from that can work out what I’m getting average per day

1 Like

@kleinhound Yeah, I tracked everything pretty methodically at first but now know pretty much what I need to do and judge by measurements and calipers. Don’t really care what the scale says if the muscle is up in circumference and the calipers are down in mm.

1 Like

1/25
9.5% BF

Lats and biceps

Ez curl bar- wide grip curls 30 reps
Wide grip lat pull downs 3x16-18 @120lbs
Dumbbell lat pulls standing 60x12 90x10 110x8
Ez bar curls wide grip 75lbs 2sets - 7 full range, 7 lower half partial, 7 upper half partial, 7 full reps
Dumbbell standing isolation curls 2 sets of 15 each arm @ 25lbs - slow
Straight arm bent over pat pulls 3x16@80lbs slow
Narrow lat pulls 3x16@100lbs
Finished with 1minute narrow grip ez bar curls at 55lbs. Fast pace no swinging

1 Like

1/26 & 1/27

Been super sick the past two days. Hardly got out of bed much less got a workout in. Bummer… had an awesome session with my coach on Friday though. All my measurements were back up, and I’m down to 4mm on the calipers in my belly measurement.

I think my final goal will be 2.5 mm stomach, 1.5 mm pec, and 2.5-3 on my quad.

My weight loss has plateaued around 166-168 and holding. I think I’ll try to stay in that range until about 3 weeks out. My thinking is that way I will have less chance of loosing any muscle mass.

Hopefully I’ll feel well enough to get back at it tomorrow.

Looking great mate, can’t wait to see what you look like come comp time.

2 Likes

Got a solid chest and triceps session in today with my workout partner. Been lifting on my own a lot lately as our schedules haven’t worked out.

Warm up:
Flat DB Bench 30lbs 30 reps

Flat DB Bench 90 x 15 superset with flat DB flys 70x15 - 3 sets

Incline DB bench 70x15 superset with incline DB flys 50x15 - 3 sets

Narrow inner chest/tricep DB press 60x15 50x15 50x15 superset with tricep rope pull down 150x15 150 x 15 150 x 15

Incline underhand pushups BW x 15 superset with dips with crunches at top to failure - 3 sets
Crapped out on the dips pretty quick and had to adjust to seated dips.

Good pump session for sure!

Then tonight did 1 set of 15 backflips. I’ll be feeling that tomorrow. It’s been a while!

3 Likes

You’re crazy brother!!

1 Like

1/30
Arms and shoulders

Triple super set 1
Standing isolation curls 3x15@25lbs
Tricep rope pull down 3x15@110
Seated dumbbell military press 3x15@52.5

Triple superset 2
Alternating dumbbell curls 3x15@35/35/40
Dips with knee raises at the top 3x25 BW
Arnold dumbbell press 3x15@40lbs

Triple superset 3
Ez bar curls 3x15@72lbs
Tricep kickbacks 3x15@30lbs
Lateral delt raises 3x15@22.5/22.5/25lbs

Short and sweet but huge pump!

One of the many back flips from the other night

3 Likes

2/3/19

Legs
Warm up
4 sets of BW lunges (15 each leg)

DL 3 sets of 20 @ 135
Squats 3 sets of 20 @ 135
(Increased volume and decreased weight as my hernia didn’t feel too happy today)
Leg press 3 sets of 15 @ 300/320/340
Hack squat 3 sets of 15 @ 200
Weighted calf extensions to failure - 5 second pause at top and bottom. 3 sets toes in, toes out, and straight

If you haven’t tried paused calf extensions you need to. Prevents your Achilles from taking over the load and isolates the calf. Holy crap it burns!

Great pump today and my vascularity is coming along nicely. Sitting six weeks out from my show. Veins are really going to pop after a tan and a shave :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Had a flick through your log mate … I quit :joy:
looking shredded and well advanced. I not looking forward to a stricter diet. Atm I’m eating junk still on top of my diet and put on 9 lbs so far, I’ve a lot of fat to shift but feel it’s still a bit early days to start proper Mode.

2 Likes

Haha! Thanks man. Yeah I probably would have waited a bit longer but I’m competing in a little over a month. Believe me when you stick to a strict diet the fat will shift pretty quick. I can tell your carrying a lot of muscle mass as well. Keep after it dude!

1 Like

This.

Also, after flicking through this log last week, I tried out some turkey bacon on a whim and I’m loving it. What’s your reasoning for turkey bacon over dead pig?

1 Like

@dagill2

My coach limits my fat intake to around 35-40 grams of fat per day. Two slices of the turkey bacon I use has 5 grams whereas two slices of Wright brand applewood (my usual go to) has 14. Also turkey bacon has slightly more protein and less sodium. Just healthier overall, and in my opinion not too much of a taste sacrifice. I choose the uncured variety as there aren’t any added nitrates. Cured with celery and natural sea salts. My wife’s a cancer survivor so we avoid nitrates when we can. There’s some solid research linking them with cancer.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I’m definitely sold, and it’s pretty rare for me to find food that I enjoy and moves me towards my goals. Thank you.

1 Like

I always find that I dread the diet , but once I get dialed in I feel so much better… mentally more clear, and my gut thanks me tremendously when I don’t eat crap or drink. I’ve also found some work arounds for meals that play by the rules but feel satisfying and tasty. Done the high fat keto thing, and the low fat method. My cholesterol prefers the low fat method. On keto my cholesterol shot up to almost 240, and eating whole lot fat foods it came down to 180. Let me know when you start cutting… be happy to shoot up some recipes I use pretty regularly.

2 Likes

That would be awesome mate, I would appreciate that. My diet food is normally plain and can be hard to swallow at times lol. I tried Keto once and hated it. I’m not one for standing cooking all day and try to make quick things, normally some meat with rice and a pile of veg but it can be yuk.

1 Like