Social Media - Devil in Disguise?

What I see is the profile of a spree killer that would raise red flags regardless of who is president.

1. Former millitary
  2. Former federal employee
  3. Experiencing hardship in his personal life

But its hysterical horseshit like yours that misses the actual facts of the matter so that you can mis-attribute the motives of someone who was disturbed to something you don’t like.

So you honestly believe the president’s rhetoric about immigrants over the past 18 months had absolutely zero bearing on this?

No. He was going to kill somebody regardless of who was in office.

And what I think has no bearing on the actual facts of the matter.

Its just amazing that you can attribute a murder to that with not even a hint of evidence, other than that he’s white and messed up looking.

In 2010 it would have been “Because Banks!” without a shred of logical thought or evidence.

Your response actually fits perfectly with this topic. No need to look at anything. Just go with memes, emotion, and some garbage that popped up on a news feed.

Never mind that he fits a spree killer profile perfectly.

1 Like

Jesus dude…I’m not saying this guy’s life was nothing but roses prior to the election. But Trump has fanned the fuck out of the flames of intolerance with his rhetoric. I’m not laying this specific act at his feet, but the two are connected.

Then so is fresh fruit and cancer.

While I agree with you that crazy people do cowardly shit regardless of who’s president, I think a white former military killing an Indian national is ALWAYS going to be portrayed as a racial incident.

1 Like

Sure. And the guy made that clear with his own words.

Where “Because Banks” comes into play is that there is always a contemporary boogeyman that serves as the pommel horse for the mental gymnastics.

If it makes you feel any better, I was on the Obama side of the birther movement. Soooo, could be worse.

I always just assumed that birth certificate and stuff would be taken care of during the vetting process. That particular insanity always puzzled me, but I didn’t actually hate Obama either. Dislike, sure. Believe that he was a Sudanese sleeper cell developed by Progressives since birth? Nope.

Rofl this is actually a good one. My real favorite was the Obama=Antichrist crowd. My wife would let me troll her sister’s in-laws whenever they brought it up.

Depends if you’d put the same amount of weight on Nidal Hassan and the Ft Hood shootings shortly after Obama took office…

3 Likes

No. Redistribution only serves to spread misery. See any inner city or trailor park. But if progressivism was just economic marxism then I could forgive it.

It’s the social marxism that is really heinous. Separating everyone into “oppressed groups” and then pandering to them is rather venemous. Before you say I’m making all that up read the writings of lenin, stalin, mao, chomsky, alinsky and ayers (to name a few). The cultural/social marxism is where the real control happens.

2 Likes

Taxes, at their core, are a redistribution of wealth. Taxes are seen (by most) as a necessity, and the main argument is where to draw the line. I don’t see how we jump from current taxes to progressive style of taxes and necessity turns into misery?

I would agree that social marxism is dangerous. Where we differ is the “oppressed groups” comment. Regardless of structure, we all belong to groups in our life. Race, gender, religion, etc. Belonging to some of these groups could mean people treat you like shit, and it could not. What you see as “pandering” many see as trying to stop/fix an injustice. This is very viewpoint dependent though. The civil rights movement could easily be described as twice as impactful as current day events, but nobody refers to that as “pandering.”

1 Like

Taxes fund “public goods” like national defence, infrastructure etc… that isn’t redistribution.

A government funded safety net is pretty much universally agreed to. But paying people to not produce anything for generations has a great deal of negative externalities. The problem is when the “safety net” becomes a “safety hammock”. It removes incentive to work and achieve. This creates a permanent underclass of guaranteed votes for the redistributors (welfare trap).

This is why some libertarians advocate for a UBI that guarantees no starvation or death from exposure, but nothing more.

Where the cultural marxism ties in is when the party of redistribution teaches these groups that they are so downtrodden and oppressed by the boogeyman de jur that they can’t get ahead in life without the help of the party, the valiant defenders. Instead of “learned helplessness” it’s “taught helplessness.” The victim/scarcity mindset runs very deep and is damned effective when exploited correctly. Again see the writings of alinsky and lenin for instructions.

Not that republicans are any better mind you. They manipulate also. But most Americans are wise to this and only vote Rep because the two party system gives them no other real choice.

As for the Civil Rights movement. When blacks were being oppressed under Jim Crow and poll taxes and such their Constitutional Rights “civil liberties” (voting, equal protection under the law etc…) were being violated. Constitutional rights are inalienable and come from a “higher power” than government. The government’s job is to not infringe on these liberties. These are civil liberties, they are protection from government action aka negative rights.

Civil rights on the other hand come from government. They require positive action from government. So a “group” gets together and demands action from governement. Their “civil rights” are whatever they can get government to agree to. Forcing a private business to bake a friggin cake for instance.

So as T-Nation members we can band together as an oppressed “group” and demnad free Dianabol. If we can get a federal judge to agree with us and set a precedent than free dianabol becomes a civil right. Bad case law all around.

2 Likes

That story was a bunch of bullshit… I love it…:laughing:

1 Like

Damn straight, bring it.

1 Like