T Nation

Soccer Sucks

I’ve been trying to say it better for years, but could never pull it off like this:

mike

the author is a retarded fat person

Possibly one of the dumbest articles I’ve read in a while. I almost hope that it is a joke of some sort, for the author’s sake. Simply put this man is an idiot.

I won’t even read that article. Just because I love soccer and I think it’s the manliest sport in the world.

Look, if men wanted to play soccer they’d put it on ice and call it hockey.

If said men wanted to play soccer but couldn’t ice skate they’d let them hold the ball and call it rugby.

mike

no u suck m8

dodgeball or gtfo

Obviously your a sportsfan and not an actual athlete yourself. Most of the people that I know who lack respect for any sport are sitting on their rears and talking about how good they where when they where 14 and living in Idaho.

By the way, most rugby players have tons of respect for the sport and have played at some time or trained for the speed and agility developement.

It’s also the number one and highest paying sport in the world whith a World Cup venue that brings over 6 billions dollars to any country who hosts it. One of the most powerful groups on the Globe “FIFA”, Do your homework chubby!

[quote]edmunda92 wrote:
Obviously your a sportsfan and not an actual athlete yourself. Most of the people that I know who lack respect for any sport are sitting on their rears and talking about how good they where when they where 14 and living in Idaho. [/quote]

Former boxer, xcountry runner, and rugger.[quote]

By the way, most rugby players have tons of respect for the sport and have played at some time or trained for the speed and agility developement. [/quote]

Yes and some football players (real football that is) have partaken in ballet to train in the off-season. Ready to jump into a leotard mate?[quote]

It’s also the number one and highest paying sport in the world whith a World Cup venue that brings over 6 billions dollars to any country who hosts it. One of the most powerful groups on the Globe “FIFA”, Do your homework chubby![/quote]

1)NASCAR is one of the highest (if not the highest) grossing sports in my country. That does not make NASCAR cool. In fact the only thing gayer than NASCAR is…soccer.

2)Just because everyone thinks it’s cool does not make it so. It just makes the rest of the world a bunch of pussies. The rest of the world can’t take us on a battlefield they direct all their energy on the soccer field.

mike

Seriously, this topic has been brought up many times, and honestly, no one fucking cares anymore. NO ONE! STOP FUCKING THINKING YOU’RE AWESOME OR COOL BECAUSE YOU SAY SOCCER SUCKS!

Yes, I wrote that in all caps to express my frustration. The likability of each sports varies from fan to fan, and the athletes don’t give a shit whether someone likes their sport or not.

Haha it’s people like him that are stuffing up your country not Football/Soccer. The rest of the world looks at you and judges you on people like this an place them in the same group as the beauty queen talking about maps. Or that girl from US idol that thought Europe was a country and didn’t know Turkey was a country.

Either way keep it coming its almost as entertaining as singers wearing massive dollar sign neck laces and pants three sizes too big for them.

…Wait, Europe isn’t a country and Turkey is, well I’ll be damned learn something new everyday.

Ehhh soccer is like hockey with your feet.
It’s not a real spectator sport, you might actually get a 0-0 game.
That being said, Americans don’t like soccer because they find it boring, not because we’re lazy, which is what I hear all of the time.
Soccer highlights are okay, but watching a whole game is just brutal.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Look, if men wanted to play soccer they’d put it on ice and call it hockey.

If said men wanted to play soccer but couldn’t ice skate they’d let them hold the ball and call it rugby.

mike[/quote]

You’re right.

REAL men, like the type that weigh 175 at close to 6 feet after 4 years of training.

It’s just not part of our culture yet. We have a lot of kids playing soccer, but parents and adults are not into it yet. We’ll get a better understanding of how compatible soccer is with Americans when all the kids who play soccer grow up and have kids of their own, when the U.S. makes a world cup final, when the MLS is a relevant league (teams winning concacaf champions leauge etc.)

That being said there are still a large portion of americans who do love soccer, mostly fans of European teams or South American teams but fans nonetheless. I don’t know about your area but almost every cable/satellite provider in mine has Fox Soccer Channel Standard.

also any sport can be exciting if it’s part of a cultural heritage. I don’t like/barely understand/find boring…cricket. I think if i grew up in England or India where it is introduced at a young age, shown on T.V., played by large numbers of youths and pro players are idolized I may have a different take on it.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
edmunda92 wrote:
Obviously your a sportsfan and not an actual athlete yourself. Most of the people that I know who lack respect for any sport are sitting on their rears and talking about how good they where when they where 14 and living in Idaho.

Former boxer, xcountry runner, and rugger.

By the way, most rugby players have tons of respect for the sport and have played at some time or trained for the speed and agility developement.

Yes and some football players (real football that is) have partaken in ballet to train in the off-season. Ready to jump into a leotard mate?

It’s also the number one and highest paying sport in the world whith a World Cup venue that brings over 6 billions dollars to any country who hosts it. One of the most powerful groups on the Globe “FIFA”, Do your homework chubby!

1)NASCAR is one of the highest (if not the highest) grossing sports in my country. That does not make NASCAR cool. In fact the only thing gayer than NASCAR is…soccer.

2)Just because everyone thinks it’s cool does not make it so. It just makes the rest of the world a bunch of pussies. The rest of the world can’t take us on a battlefield they direct all their energy on the soccer field.

mike[/quote]

Please don’t rip a sport you have clearly never played. I have played football, basketball, and soccer as an athlete in high school and college, and there is no way I would call soccer players “pussies”. Hard to take that type of comment seriously from an an “xcountry runner”. Layoff the Jim Rome you toolbox.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
In fact the only thing gayer than NASCAR is…soccer.

2)Just because everyone thinks it’s cool does not make it so. It just makes the rest of the world a bunch of pussies. The rest of the world can’t take us on a battlefield they direct all their energy on the soccer field.

mike[/quote]

I hope this is a joke.

Calling any sport “gay” is not only homophobic but somehow implies that every sport has some intrinsic sexual preference or maybe that all the participants of the sport have a certain preference…both of which are ridiculous.

You are obviously not a fan of soccer, which is cool you don’t have to be, but just because you’re not it doesn’t mean the sport is gay or those who play it are gay.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
It just makes the rest of the world a bunch of pussies. The rest of the world can’t take us on a battlefield they direct all their energy on the soccer field.

mike[/quote]

I’m convinced you have a tiny penis and/or were harassed as a child.

Or maybe you’re just an inbred fool.

I always hear how soccer is growing in popularity and there are so many kids playing it today. So what? It doesn’t mean anything.

The reason so many kids play soccer is because it’s cheap and easy. There’s very little equipment to buy and within minutes you can have 20 6-year-olds “playing” a game of soccer.