Soccer and the Rising Tide of Color

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Don’t worry white people. You’ll always have Hockey.[/quote]

Stop giving false hope mannnnn[/quote]
probably meant field hockey, like in the pic… oh, hang on!

the guy that wrote that article didnt do much research… if he did he would know that there are more Maori in the New Zealand team, and the Australian Team has a mix of asian, maori, aboriginal, hispanic… in future dont post junk like this again…

In something like 2003, I was in a train to Denmark, and found myself sitting opposite an ancient old man who had fought on the Eastern Front in WWII against Russia. He gave a long lecture about how wrong it was for “coloreds” (instead of “French nationals”) to represent France at the World Cup. He said some other stuff that really made my eyes widen. I didn’t put up too much of a fight - the guy fought for HITLER, for God’s sake, on the EASTERN FRONT. “We weren’t angels over there,” he said, and having read the history of that campaign, I was inclined to agree with that, at least.

I also remember after the '98 World Cup, you’d hear people in France say that France had won 1-0. (France beat Brazil in the final game 3-0, with two of those goals scored by Zidane, who’s of North African descent.)

Don’t know why I bring this stuff up now.

Fuck man, that entire site baffles me.

They’re clearly calling themselves “alternative right” to veil the fact that they’re full on biggots. I read a couple articles and need a shower.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
Fuck man, that entire site baffles me.

They’re clearly calling themselves “alternative right” to veil the fact that they’re full on biggots. I read a couple articles and need a shower.[/quote]

Yet look at how some of them will always focus in on my posts as if I brought up racism out of the blue for no reason.

Some of these guys are either extremely naive or such blind jackasses that they think their actions aren’t transparent.

Yes, this was just some innocent thread about soccer…

[quote]four60 wrote:
Rasturi, I’m going to work with you on this one. I can almost ALMOST see how this article can at a VERY quick glance come off as someone just pointing out the Countries of the world and how the teams are becoming multi-cultural…But it is not. This article is filled with Racism as is the whole Website.

This line “Whites in Australia and New Zealand can still proudly support a team that looks like them” should put the authors intent out in the open. And his last couple lines:

"On a positive note, it looks as though this year�?�¢??s champion will be a nation with an all-white or almost all-white side. Argentina and Germany looked particularly good in the first round of play and Spain, Portugal, Holland and the Italians cannot be counted out. Only Brazil, with a racially mixed squad, will threaten white dominance of the World Cup this year, Let�?�¢??s enjoy it while it lasts. "

The OP has done what some have tried to do on this site. Drop bombs hoping to drum up a discussion on Race so they can come in and “Save or Defend there Race”.

It is a cowards way of walking in without showing there colors (pun intended). They will try to come off as defenders instead of instigators.

In the end it will come down to this “Prof-X is always bringing race into things and messing up our good time”

STick around you will see that line several times in some form or another before the end of July.[/quote]

Hmmm, I should have just ended it with this. This post was pretty damn spot on and I was really beginning to wonder if I was the only person seeing it happen so often.

[quote]four60 wrote:
In the end it will come down to this “Prof-X is always bringing hamburgers and messing up our good time”
[/quote]

Damn him!

Four60 - I’d like to say I’m glad you didn’t just shut down my post and like you said worked with me. In my post I just stated my opinion on what I thought the article was about. But that’s all it is just an opinion and I like that you have given your opinion about it as well, and I’m actually really interested if I can hear some more…but not to start an argument…just want people to give me some insight lol.

Cause in reality I really did read that article with the mindset that blacks were on a rise (getting better) and playing on some big name teams that are in the TOP 10! Which is exciting to me due to the fact that beter players will pull off better moves, better goals, better everything.

I don’t know man do you REALLY think that is a racist comment? "“Whites in Australia and New Zealand can still proudly support a team that looks like them”

Is it really? - Maybe the proudly support a team is a little offensive…but I mean certain people who are blood of the nation DO look a particular way…it’s the same way a Korean can tell the difference between a Chinease guy…the same way italians, porteguse, polish people have certain facial features that make them look from that heritage. So in a way it’s more like you are the blood of the nation supporting the team and not a recruit or something. Okay another example is like…If I lived in Japan…BORN THERE…can I really say I am Japanease? In my mind no…why? because I am 100% serbian everyone in my family is serbian, from serbia…so if I played on the Japan team it’s not really the same thing and I’m sure the Japanease would look at it differently as well.
Same goes if I was on the Ghana team (damn they beat serbia 1-0!! lol) sure I’m on the team…but it isn’t my blood so to me it’s not really a racist comment…at least thats how I percieved it.

The last comment you gave is actually full out rascist(from the article)…I just found it a bit odd they would post it in that manner but I really don’t like to look at things from a racial view it’s just not the way I was brought up and really don’t care about racial issues (I know it exists) but I can accept everyone and anyone…perhaps this is why i tried to look at the article more of the uprise of black men in the league. Because it is true that there wasn’t that many black players before and they really have escalated into the sport.

Anyways I’d like to hear your feedback. and feedback from anyone else that can drop some knowledge.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Wait…so someone noticed that soccer players aren’t all white and decided this was significant enough for a whole article?

I guess people who find this interesting are also the types who are shocked to find that minorities can also be doctors, lawyers, engineers or fucking ballet dancers.

What year is this?[/quote]

I don’t know it just might be different in America or the mind-state or something. If someone is black, yellow, white whatever and is a doctor, lawyer, enginnerr…then that’s what they chose to do and that’s what they are! I see no reason to be shocked.

Sports-related racism topic thread: check
Ghetto workout revival thread: check
Spiderman can’t be black thread: check

How long until the thread where somebody complains how black comedians can do the white people voice but it’s not cool for white people to make fun of blacks?

Is this some kind of bizzaro Black History Month?

^you mean March -Jan.

[quote]rasturai wrote:
Four60 - I’d like to say I’m glad you didn’t just shut down my post and like you said worked with me. In my post I just stated my opinion on what I thought the article was about. But that’s all it is just an opinion and I like that you have given your opinion about it as well, and I’m actually really interested if I can hear some more…but not to start an argument…just want people to give me some insight lol.

Cause in reality I really did read that article with the mindset that blacks were on a rise (getting better) and playing on some big name teams that are in the TOP 10! Which is exciting to me due to the fact that beter players will pull off better moves, better goals, better everything.

I don’t know man do you REALLY think that is a racist comment? "“Whites in Australia and New Zealand can still proudly support a team that looks like them”

Is it really? - Maybe the proudly support a team is a little offensive…but I mean certain people who are blood of the nation DO look a particular way…it’s the same way a Korean can tell the difference between a Chinease guy…the same way italians, porteguse, polish people have certain facial features that make them look from that heritage. So in a way it’s more like you are the blood of the nation supporting the team and not a recruit or something. Okay another example is like…If I lived in Japan…BORN THERE…can I really say I am Japanease? In my mind no…why? because I am 100% serbian everyone in my family is serbian, from serbia…so if I played on the Japan team it’s not really the same thing and I’m sure the Japanease would look at it differently as well.
Same goes if I was on the Ghana team (damn they beat serbia 1-0!! lol) sure I’m on the team…but it isn’t my blood so to me it’s not really a racist comment…at least thats how I percieved it.

The last comment you gave is actually full out rascist(from the article)…I just found it a bit odd they would post it in that manner but I really don’t like to look at things from a racial view it’s just not the way I was brought up and really don’t care about racial issues (I know it exists) but I can accept everyone and anyone…perhaps this is why i tried to look at the article more of the uprise of black men in the league. Because it is true that there wasn’t that many black players before and they really have escalated into the sport.

Anyways I’d like to hear your feedback. and feedback from anyone else that can drop some knowledge.
[/quote]

If you were born and raised in japan the japanese team should take pride in their citizen in their society acheiving and contributing to national pride.

Those blacks and maoris obviously feel a tie to the country of their birth/citizenship, and since they have that legitimate claim their contribution should be respected and should inspire pride.

My answer is as garbled as these racism threads are stupid.

[quote]Eli B wrote:

Those blacks and maoris obviously feel a tie to the country of their birth/citizenship, and since they have that legitimate claim their contribution should be respected and should inspire pride.
[/quote]
Exactly, and if people should feel differently then the US team should be all native american. I bet the Alternative White (or Right) and their propaganda would love that. sarcasm!

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[/quote]

If you boil it down we are all originate from Africa anyway so no more arguing over geographical ethnicity because it’s all bollox!

Sorry creationists (probable hijack situation…)

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:

How long until the thread where somebody complains how black comedians can do the white people voice but it’s not cool for white people to make fun of blacks?

[/quote]

Hopefully the person who starts that thread will be directed to all the white guys who do the BET comedy show (can’t remember the name dammit, been so long since I’ve seen it) who made fun of black people and did a “black” voice and the audience (mostly black people) actually thought it was funny. Thus proving it possible for double standards to go away.

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:

[/quote]

Hopefully the person who starts that thread will be directed to all the white guys who do the BET comedy show (can’t remember the name dammit, been so long since I’ve seen it) who made fun of black people and did a “black” voice and the audience (mostly black people) actually thought it was funny. Thus proving it possible for double standards to go away.[/quote]

^ I remember seeing that. It was fairly ballsy but it worked. Cant remember the name either.

Chamuge improve everything European!

“…no strangers to the fact that sport is strongly linked to political and economic issues.
Here in Europe, too, there is growing consciousness of how economic forces and connected political agendas
have been undermining the vital role that sport has always played in national culture and identity.”
http://www.castefootball.us/viewarticle.asp?sportID=8&teamID=0&ID=23264

Requiem for France
http://www.castefootball.us/viewarticle.asp?sportID=8&teamID=0&ID=23299

[cool guys call them frogs, only if blanc]

Smrt zhidovima.
Cheers.

The only thing more boring then soccer, is probably reading a racist artice about soccer… so thanks OP.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Don’t worry white people. You’ll always have Hockey.[/quote]

Stop giving false hope mannnnn[/quote]

Well, they can always be serial killers. They have that occupation locked down.[/quote]

Nope, seems we can’t keep anything for ourselves.

Howard Arthur Allen. Indianapolis. 3 or more victims.

Jake Bird. Tacoma, Washington. He offed two in the Tacoma area in the 1940s and a total of 44 nationwide.

Terry A. Blair. Kansas City area. 8 victims. 2003-4.

Arthur Bomar. Philadelphia and Nevada. 4 or 5 victims.

Daniel Andrew Bowler. Richmond, Virginia. 3 victims.

Eugene Britt. Gary, Indiana. 10 or more victims.

Maurice Byrd. St. Louis area. 20 victims.

Reginald and Jonathan Carr. Wichita, Kansas. 5 victims.

Jarvis Catoe. New York City. 13 victims. 1941-42.

Leonard Christopher. Philadelpha. 7 victims. 1980s.

Alton Coleman. Midwestern USA. 8 victims.

Andre Crawford. Southside Chicago. 10 victims.

Paul Durousseau. Jacksonvile, Florida; Georgia. 6 victims, two of which were pregnant women.

Lorenzo Fayne. East St. Louis, Illinois. 5 victims, all children.

Kendall Francois. Poughkeepsie, New York and environs. 8 victims, all women.

Carlton Gary. Columbus, Georgia. 3 victims.

Lorenzo J. Gilyard. Kansas City, Missouri. 12 victims, all women.(May be Missouri’s worst serial killer ever, according to the Kansas City Star.)

Mark Goudeau. Valley of the Sun, Arizona. “Baseline Killer.” 9 kills, along with 15 sexual assaults and 11 kidnappings during his year-long spree.

Harrison Graham. North Philadelphia city. 7 victims, possibly more.

Vaughn Greenwood. Louisiana. 11 victims.

Kevin and Reginald Haley. Los Angeles. 8 victims. 1979-84.

[quote]thefederalist wrote:
“ALLEGED evils of apartheid.” lololol what kind of troll cave is alternativeright?

inb4 alffi [/quote]

White Supremacy, they have some great articles on there /sarcasm.