Soccer, a Real Man's Sport

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
JLu wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
JLu wrote:
It’s like running a marathon with a ball, how is that a mans sport?

What sport do you play?

You replied faster than I could edit…anyway I used to wrestle, play lacrosse and football, now I just lift.

I used to practice with the wrestling team and that was the only thing I ever did that I think was harder than swimming or soccer.

Yeah, football is really intense, for the entire 15 minutes of actual play time a player gets.

There is a lot of contact in soccer though. like in the OP’s video, yeah that was some random stuff with the guy getting messed up, but that kind of play is normal. It’s normal to get kicked, stomped, hip checked est. in soccer.

Calling it a marathon with a ball is like calling wrestling cuddling in tights. stripping down to almost nothing and trying to pin another guy on his back underneath you doesn’t sound like a manly sport either.

It’s just one of those things you have to understand before you can appreciate it.[/quote]

try rugby, it’s like sprinting a marathon with a ball but every few seconds you have to stop for a wrestling match or a fight.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
JLu wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
JLu wrote:

What sport do you play?

You replied faster than I could edit…anyway I used to wrestle, play lacrosse and football, now I just lift.

I used to practice with the wrestling team and that was the only thing I ever did that I think was harder than swimming or soccer.

Yeah, football is really intense, for the entire 15 minutes of actual play time a player gets.

There is a lot of contact in soccer though. like in the OP’s video, yeah that was some random stuff with the guy getting messed up, but that kind of play is normal. It’s normal to get kicked, stomped, hip checked est. in soccer.

Calling it a marathon with a ball is like calling wrestling cuddling in tights. stripping down to almost nothing and trying to pin another guy on his back underneath you doesn’t sound like a manly sport either.

It’s just one of those things you have to understand before you can appreciate it.[/quote]

Except that by me referring to it as a marathon with a ball, I don’t detract from the difficulty of the sport, since soccer is all running, comparing it to a marathon is somewhat along the same lines. Cuddling on the other hand greatly downplays the intensity and exertion required of a sport like wrestling.

‘All running’? It’s jogging, sprinting, jumping, tackling, constant physical battles, not to mention the skill required to make the ball do roughly what you want with the little time you have possession of it. It has nothing to do with the ‘same lines’ as marathon.

You’re right, comparing soccer to running a marathon is exactly the same as comparing wrestling to cuddling my bad, how could I be so foolish?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
SSC wrote:
I’m sure you could slit someone’s throat throwing a frisbee. Does that make that a real man’s sport?

You could break a man’s foot dropping a bowling ball on it. Does that make that a real man’s sport?

Ugh. I hate it when people try to beef up soccer.

I find that the people who make fun of it have never played it.[/quote]

And they never played it because soccer is fucking gay.

[quote]JLu wrote:
You’re right, comparing soccer to running a marathon is exactly the same as comparing wrestling to cuddling my bad, how could I be so foolish?[/quote]

Soccer is more equivalent to 90 minutes of HIT intervals than to a marathon.

Unless you consider it a marathon like sport in between the sprinting, dribbling, contact, jumping, kicking, darting, and tackling. Then yes, it’s just like a marathon.

That’s why soccer players have the thin frail looking legs of marathon runners.

Double Duce you are the man in this.

I’ve broken my tibia, had three surguries, chiped ankle bone, multiple concussions, a ruptured lung, tendonitis, ITB syndrome along with the regular everyday injuries that happen (sprains, severe contusoins, etc)

Consider this: soccer is one of a few very sports where people literally are sprinting full speed at each other without any pads. And they do this multiple times for 90+ minutes. And then they have to control a ball.

[quote]Trenchant wrote:
Double Duce you are the man in this.

I’ve broken my tibia, had three surguries, chiped ankle bone, multiple concussions, a ruptured lung, tendonitis, ITB syndrome along with the regular everyday injuries that happen (sprains, severe contusoins, etc)

Consider this: soccer is one of a few very sports where people literally are sprinting full speed at each other without any pads. And they do this multiple times for 90+ minutes. And then they have to control a ball.[/quote]

See, a marathon with a ball.

[quote]
Except that by me referring to it as a marathon with a ball, I don’t detract from the difficulty of the sport, since soccer is all running, comparing it to a marathon is somewhat along the same lines. Cuddling on the other hand greatly downplays the intensity and exertion required of a sport like wrestling.[/quote]

In that analogy then American football is like sprinting the 100-meter and then running into a wall… requires a lot of skill.

I actually tore my left leg’s ACL during soccer last year, so girly sport or not, you are prone to a lot of injuries.

[quote]kaaleppi wrote:
.[/quote]

Lmao.

Soccer is more the equivalent of rough gay sex. Yeah you can get injured, but at the end of the day you are still a homo.

[quote]illbill22 wrote:
Soccer is more the equivalent of rough gay sex. Yeah you can get injured, but at the end of the day you are still a homo.[/quote]

I think you are quoting American football, we don’t go around patting each other’s asses

I have friends that play a lot of different sports, including soccer. The truth is everybody works hard at their sport. Different sports have different challenges.

Nothing is going to be settled by people jumping in a thread making comments about how the other game is gay or their game is tougher to play. It’s pointless. Just go play whatever game it is you like to play. There is no need to validate the game you play to anyone.

[quote]illbill22 wrote:
Soccer is more the equivalent of rough gay sex. Yeah you can get injured, but at the end of the day you are still a homo.[/quote]

I loled.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Unless you consider it a marathon like sport in between the sprinting, dribbling, contact, jumping, kicking, darting, and tackling. Then yes, it’s just like a marathon.

That’s why soccer players have the thin frail looking legs of marathon runners.[/quote]

Don’t forget all the gay sex they have after a game in the shower. I’m sure that is hard too.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
JLu wrote:

What sport do you play?[/quote]

Seriously, I played varsity full back for couple years and it got pretty ugly and rough. All depends on how you play the game, you can play like a pussy or play aggressively and doul out the punishment

[quote]js385787 wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
JLu wrote:

What sport do you play?

Seriously, I played varsity full back for couple years and it got pretty ugly and rough. All depends on how you play the game, you can play like a pussy or play aggressively and doul out the punishment[/quote]

Fullback is a pretty hardcore position, especially if you need to compensate for a pulling guard and pick up a blitzing linebacker or defensive end working the inside gaps.

Am I kidding?

We’ll never know.

pretty disturbing video