Soaking Nuts in Water First?

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/benefits-of-soaking-almonds-in-water.html

I like to soak my nuts after jerking it because they get sore from all the hard core fapping.

Oh you meant almonds…my bad.

holding back the urge to troll this thread

I’m sorry but what was the point to this thread? You just provided a link and left it at that. No questions asked or a good topic to be discussed (except for soaking nuts. And thats a preference thing. You either like it or you don’t).

^^^ I think OP was simply trying to pass on useful information and expected set information to lead to a discussion.

Ya and I guess Im a bit moody. Im on meds (or my period…oops, did I say that?)

Chek recommends it as well

If you seem to have problems eating nuts, try it. If not, dont bother.
IMO

If I happen to be eating nuts, I’ll soak for 12 hours (phytates) then store in the fridge.

But I barely eat them anymore, most people probably eat at-least 200 calories of nuts whenever they do, I’d rather have that in eggs or meat, or something else that fills me up.

I even dodge crunchy peanut butter these days… I crap half of the damn stuff out!

Oh look, you can blend them with whipped cream and make your own moisturizer. Who knew nuts could be so ghey?

I was thinking to myself…

Why the fuck would someone soak their nuts in water before eating a meal?

Sorry, the point of my post was to ask if anyone:

a) does this
b) has heard of it
c) believes in this practice

Of everyone who says to eat nuts for their EFA content, I’ve not heard one person mention that soaking them might yield more of a return.

Sorry for the vagueness!

I have heard of soaking them in water to make them more bioavailable or something along those lines.

But, I have not heard any of the respectable nutrition guys (Berardi, Lowry or Boden) chime in on this before. So I am not sure of the authenticity.

[quote]xdarrylx wrote:
Sorry, the point of my post was to ask if anyone:

a) does this
b) has heard of it
c) believes in this practice

Of everyone who says to eat nuts for their EFA content, I’ve not heard one person mention that soaking them might yield more of a return.

Sorry for the vagueness![/quote]

Research soaking nuts phytates lectins. Soaking nuts, legumes, whole grains, oats, rice and the like is necessary to get rid of unwanted phytates and lectins which can inhibit enzyme action in some as well as mineral absorption in GI tract.