You’re 1 week out from your meet. What do you do?
Where can you go wrong?
- Doing too much.
- If you’re not used to 1,000 different recovery methods don’t throw in a bunch of random recovery methods.
- Going HAM on accessories and cardio- again you just need some light blood flow the week of the meet, nothing major.
- Drastic nutrition changes
- Under eating because “I’m not training”, eat like you normally would. Don’t do 7 low carb days just because you aren’t training.
- Over eating to “fill out your weight class”, you should of done that the past 12-20 weeks, throwing a bunch of food in now might wreck your GI.
- Stressing too much
- This should be pretty obvious, make sure your openers are light and adjust things as needed based on how warmups go
What can you do right?
YOU tell me what you can do right. What do you do the week before your meet?