So, What's Next?

I accurately predicted that the economy would tank, brought on by massive debt and derivative manipulation. Our economy is collapsing after decades of spending money we didn’t have. Reality can’t be cheated forever.

We created a so-called mixed economy to ‘regulate’ capitalism. Mechanisms of control were created. This precedent will now lead for calls to ‘do something’. To regulate more.

In short, we will get Fascism; a mild version at first. When this fails to resolve the crisis, more drastic measures will be brought in — massive wage and price controls and a large army of newly employed Federal ‘regulators’ (perhaps wearing jackboots?) to make sure the rules are followed.

We are being made ready and desperate enough for the leash and the muzzle. Enjoy, guys. You voted for it for decades, you wished it, you dreamed of it. Well, here you go…

I think this is a bit further off than you do, but I fear it is our future

It’s happening here too. It’s already illegal to discipline your children.

How exactly did the economy tank, again?

Are you talking about the 500 point loss yesterday just to turn around today and make up 150 of it? Is that a tank? Define tank…

[quote]msd0060 wrote:

Are you talking about the 500 point loss yesterday just to turn around today and make up 150 of it? Is that a tank? Define tank…[/quote]

Yesterday many people lost a lot of money. None of them gives a shit about the actual point loss of the index. The 150 point jump today did not help the people who lost yesterday.

The point I am trying to make is that it feels different for everyone. I took all my money out of the stock market months ago and decided to pay down my debt. The way I see it is that was a profitable move for me in hind-sight.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I accurately predicted that the economy would tank, brought on by massive debt and derivative manipulation. Our economy is collapsing after decades of spending money we didn’t have. Reality can’t be cheated forever.

We created a so-called mixed economy to ‘regulate’ capitalism. Mechanisms of control were created. This precedent will now lead for calls to ‘do something’. To regulate more.

In short, we will get Fascism; a mild version at first. When this fails to resolve the crisis, more drastic measures will be brought in — massive wage and price controls and a large army of newly employed Federal ‘regulators’ (perhaps wearing jackboots?) to make sure the rules are followed.

We are being made ready and desperate enough for the leash and the muzzle. Enjoy, guys. You voted for it for decades, you wished it, you dreamed of it. Well, here you go…[/quote]

Well let’s get serious about a third party…

Dems and republicans sure as fuck aren’t going to do a fucking thing to make it stop. How about a party who’s whole platform is going back to capitalism the constitution, and small government at its finest? You know like the republicans used to preach?

But no… those libertarians are irrational nutjobs

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
msd0060 wrote:

Are you talking about the 500 point loss yesterday just to turn around today and make up 150 of it? Is that a tank? Define tank…

Yesterday many people lost a lot of money. None of them gives a shit about the actual point loss of the index. The 150 point jump today did not help the people who lost yesterday.

The point I am trying to make is that it feels different for everyone. I took all my money out of the stock market months ago and decided to pay down my debt. The way I see it is that was a profitable move for me in hind-sight.[/quote]

All my money in the market went to retirement but I haven’t put a dime in in a couple of months. Should have just payed debts myself…

Hind site is always 20/20

[quote]msd0060 wrote:

Are you talking about the 500 point loss yesterday just to turn around today and make up 150 of it? Is that a tank? Define tank…[/quote]

Well the Canadian dollar was around .60 on the American. Now we are par or better, depending on the day. Now B.C. is booming but not the rest of the country. So that leave your dollar diving not ours rising.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

We are being made ready and desperate enough for the leash and the muzzle. Enjoy, guys. You voted for it for decades, you wished it, you dreamed of it. Well, here you go…

Well let’s get serious about a third party…

Dems and republicans sure as fuck aren’t going to do a fucking thing to make it stop. How about a party who’s whole platform is going back to capitalism the constitution, and small government at its finest? You know like the republicans used to preach?

But no… those libertarians are irrational nutjobs[/quote]

I’m asking this in all seriousness…why should I trust a libertarian to run the country if they can’t even figure out how to win an election?

We just need another world war to sort this out.

Simple.

Just let me get my helicopter license first so I can join the airforce and not the army.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:

No, I’m talking about the culmination of decades. In the name of helping the elderly, poor, and minorities, we created a government to take some of the rough edges off of the capitalist system. No one objected because these rules were altruistic. Under the guise of benevolence, we created this monster. The ‘helpful’ government, trying its best to do what WE wanted it to do, decides that more and more controls are in our best interests.

If we create the necessary preconditions for a fascistic system, then we should not be surprised when we get a fascistic system.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
msd0060 wrote:

The point I am trying to make is that it feels different for everyone. I took all my money out of the stock market months ago and decided to pay down my debt. The way I see it is that was a profitable move for me in hind-sight.[/quote]

The only people who lost money on Monday were the ones stupid enough to sell in a panic, or those too stupid to have not seen this crap coming and stayed in way too long.

Monday and Tuesday were the days people who wanted to make money could do so very cheaply.

I spent over 12K yesterday in the market, and could not be happier. Hell - I’m damn near giddy.

No one should be in the market if they have any debt. It’s not the popular idea, but since when has common sense ever been popular?

[quote]rainjack wrote:

No one should be in the market if they have any debt. It’s not the popular idea, but since when has common sense ever been popular? [/quote]

Student loan debt at 5% or average historical annual market return of 7-10%?

When I did my number crunching it made more sense in the long run to put my money into retirement…

Like I said, hind site is 20/20. You take your bumps and learn from them.