T Nation

So... What Are You Eating?

I figured I would list a few of the things I am currently shoving down my gullet, hopefully others will chime in with ideas I havent thought of. Everything gets old after a while…Without further ado, here are a few of my current faves:
(I’m on a keto diet right now)

A. 2 scoops Vanilla Metabolic Drive, 2 tbs flax seed, 1 scoop Superfood, dash of cinnamon, 12 oz cold H20. Tastes like oatmeal to me, without the carbs.

B. Sirloin marinated in balsamic vinegar, garlic EVOO and pepper. Then use the same marinade recipe as dressing for a salad.

C. Scrambled eggs in coconut oil. 3 omega3 eggs, salt and pepper, dash of hot sauce. Coconut oil has virtually no taste and a very good fat profile. I’ve been pan cooking everything lately with the stuff.

D. Turkey tenderloin. They have pre-marinated ones in the store. I simply rinse them well to lower the carb content of the marinade and grill them on low. One of the few meats that tastes great as a leftover/bring to work snack.

E. Natural Organic Nut Butters, Almond and Peanut. I cant believe I actually used to eat Skippy/Jif/etc. Not only is the natty stuff better for you, it tastes better too. 2 tbs a day.

F. Carlson’s MedOmega Orange Fish Oil. The best i’ve found to supplement your Flameout intake. Tastes like orange gatorade and mixes well in any shake/drink. Or just take it right off the spoon, like 'Tussin.

G. Buffalo meat. This would have scared me a few years ago. I make buffalo burgers with whatever veggies I have lying around, Worcesteshire sauce and garlic. Top with a dab of spicy mustard, awesome.

H. Celery sauteed in macadamia nut oil. I wasnt a huge fan of celery in the past, but this is a decent way to get some fibrous green veggies and good fat in. I usually have the celery when I have chicken breasts or tuna, goes together well.

Thats a pretty good start. These meals have helped keep my fat over 100g a day, my protein over 200g, and my carbs below 50g. And I havent had any hostage-taking McDonalds moments so far.
So… what are you eating?

Just had sashimi for lunch cause my lifting buddy owed me a meal so he had to pay !!

for breakfast I had a quarter gallon of mil with 2 scoops Grow! Whey and some instant coffee in it.

I will be having grilled chicken and grilled corn for dinner in a few hours…

Metabolic Drive bar (cookie dough) with some wasabi almonds as a snack in another hour or so…

here some ideas for your keto diet other than meat and veggies…

Anabolic 1 minute muffin
put ingredients in coffee cup or something similar in size…
1/4 cup flax/or almond/or walnut meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 packet splenda
cinnamon
stir it up
throw in an egg
1 tbsp olive oil
stir it up
nuke in microwave for 1 minute

Protein Pudding
1 or 2 scoops protein powder
1 egg
tbsp flax seed or chia seed
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp olive oil or PB
stir and add water until it turns into consistency you want

Protein Cake
put ingredients in small bowl
2 scoops protein powder
1 tbsp flax meal
1 packet splenda
1/2 tsp baking powder
stir it up
1 tbsp natty PB
1 egg
stir it up and throw it in microwave for a minute

[quote]mustangmarc13 wrote:
I figured I would list a few of the things I am currently shoving down my gullet, hopefully others will chime in with ideas I havent thought of. Everything gets old after a while…Without further ado, here are a few of my current faves:
(I’m on a keto diet right now)
[/quote]

Tasty. I just finished off a strip steak with butter, olive oil, salt and pepper. Sounds like I’m eating a lot of the same things as you - lots of celery with almond butter lately, too.

Big huge bowls of mixed greens have been helping me get through some days, too. Plus, lots of asparagus and broccoli with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon. Hard-boiled eggs are pretty much a life-saver, too.

Pounding out chicken breasts and seasoning them with herbs has made them much more palatable, as well.

This is the first time I’ve consciously tried to eat a large volume of food, by adding lots of veggies, (as opposed to just very calorically dense food), and I’m much more satisfied throughout the day.

Breakfast - Turkey Sandwich on Honey Wheat, Olive Oil, 5 Flameout Caps, Green Tea, White Rice, Yogurt, and some fruit.

Lunch - Turkey Sandwich on Honey Wheat, Light Mayo, 5 Flameout Caps, Whole Grain Rice, Green Tea, Yogurt, and some fruit.

Dinner - This is my variable, I could repeat lunch all over again, or just have something completely different, it’s usually a lean meat, and Sweet Potatoes or more Whole Grain Rice, with my typical sides/supplements from the first 2 meals excluding the Green Tea.

I feel in the gaps with ‘Supershakes’, which is usually a couple of scoops of Metabolic Drive, some Almond Butter, Fruits of some kind, along with maybe some Oats, and Superfood (depending).

137 pm and all i had was a chicken breast with cucumber and spinich with lemon juice and red pepper flakes
with 32 oz of milk
20 fish oil caps ( they are cheap crap mackeral ones)
and 2 HRX

to be fair though I did just wake up and will be eating my other chicken breast in about 3 hours
will be eating same thing minus the supps 5 times a day

I think it’s neat that so many people we’re/are using Carlson’s Fish Oil products, that’s the product I used for a while before I transferred to Flameout. Excellent quality.

Further note, I see you listed Buffalo? Where are you finding this? I’ve been to every grocery store my city (San Antonio) has to offer, including both Whole Foods, and a ‘ritzy’ (so to speak) grocery store known as Central Market here, never seen it.

[quote]Oquendog wrote:
I think it’s neat that so many people we’re/are using Carlson’s Fish Oil products, that’s the product I used for a while before I transferred to Flameout. Excellent quality.

Further note, I see you listed Buffalo? Where are you finding this? I’ve been to every grocery store my city (San Antonio) has to offer, including both Whole Foods, and a ‘ritzy’ (so to speak) grocery store known as Central Market here, never seen it.[/quote]

Buffalo is tough to find for me, too. I know of one local store that carries it, but only occasionally and in small quantities. I’d love to be able to eat it regularly.

[quote]yerba wrote:
Oquendog wrote:

Further note, I see you listed Buffalo? Where are you finding this? I’ve been to every grocery store my city (San Antonio) has to offer, including both Whole Foods, and a ‘ritzy’ (so to speak) grocery store known as Central Market here, never seen it.

Buffalo is tough to find for me, too. I know of one local store that carries it, but only occasionally and in small quantities. I’d love to be able to eat it regularly. [/quote]

there is a bison farm up here where I live
expensive but you can get a side,wholesale
i did that couple years ago and stocked my freezer. should do it again

Honestly, im basically eating the sample menu of the t dawg diet 6 days a week. Simple and effective. Its helping to lose my cravings for fast food thats for sure.

I just ate a scoop of whey, 5g or creatine and about 3/4C of raisins post work out.

i’m just getting started with most of this stuff - so I havent got entirely sick of the normal foods. My shakes are pretty normal, just 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive w/ maybe a banana or superfood blended in. I pretty much eat the same every day except for dinner.

For dinner I make tacos a lot, with really lean beef and low carb wraps instead of tortillas. Either that or I put some EVOO on a pan, throw some chicken down, cover it with lemon pepper seasoning, cover and cook for a while. Omelets are a good dinner choice as well.

I honestly hate cooking but I can’t stand eating just plain chicken or plain hamburgers so I learned how to make a few things…i’m sure i’m gonna get sick of it soon though so i’ll probably have to figure out something else.

1/2 gallon of milk with 3 scoops Grow! Whey is my snack today…

A banana… tryin to tuf it out till friday when I get my check…

Today is a training day so my lunch was:

6 turkey meatballs from BJ’s
Pasta Sauce
Fat Free Grated Cheese
Whole wheat bun

1.5oz Baby spinach
80g Baby Carrots

Yum.