T Nation

So... Nov 4th, 2014


#1

What happens?

Biggest surprise?
Biggest no brainer?
Biggest "with the 20/20 hindsight" I've saw that coming from a mile away?
Biggest fail poll/prediction?

Any other comments before during and after... Post em here:


#2

The Republicans DON’T take the Senate =P


#3

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.


#4

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.


#5

Until he fucks up I am going to assume his election 'rithmatics are good. So that’s what’s going to happen.


#6

  1. The GOP Takes the Senate

  2. There is ENDLESS “America has spoken”/“This was about the future of America”/“We have been given a Mandate”/President Obama is raked over the Coals 1, 375, 355 times between 10PM and 2 AM, blah, blah…

  3. They spend a lot of time doing things that waste a LOT of money and coddle to their base.

  4. Nothing gets done

  5. Rinse and Repeat

Mufasa


#7

  1. The GOP Takes the Senate

  2. There is ENDLESS “America has spoken”/“This was about the future of America”/“We have been given a Mandate”/President Obama is raked over the Coals 1, 375, 355 times between 10PM and 2 AM, blah, blah…

  3. They spend a lot of time doing things that waste a LOT of money and coddle to their base.

  4. Nothing gets done

  5. Rinse and Repeat

Mufasa


#8

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.


#9

Of course we take the Senate, but nothing gets done. But we need to worry. Obama and his team has designed and predicted this. Read that again.

This is so he can do immigration reform by executive action with no political fallout to his party. He will break the country, and in 2016, they can only blame Obama. The Dems can’t be held accountable politically. They will be gone. The damage will be done, and that’s that.

He knew this was coming, and doesn’t care. It’s all about importing future dependent voters.

I.E. Immigration.


#10

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

  1. The GOP Takes the Senate

  2. There is ENDLESS “America has spoken”/“This was about the future of America”/“We have been given a Mandate”/President Obama is raked over the Coals 1, 375, 355 times between 10PM and 2 AM, blah, blah…

  3. They spend a lot of time doing things that waste a LOT of money and coddle to their base.

  4. Nothing gets done

  5. Rinse and Repeat

Mufasa[/quote]

What does “coddle” mean in this sense?

Is it a bad thing?[/quote]

After all these years, it’s still unclear as to when you are trying to “bait” me, Push, or you are asking a serious question.

You have WAY too much Political knowledge and savvy for me to believe that you don’t know what “coddling to the Base” is…or whether it’s good or bad.

Mufasa


#11

Somewhere, the ghost of Marx is smiling.


#12

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
Of course we take the Senate, but nothing gets done. But we need to worry. Obama and his team has designed and predicted this. Read that again.

This is so he can do immigration reform by executive action with no political fallout to his party. He will break the country, and in 2016, they can only blame Obama. The Dems can’t be held accountable politically. They will be gone. The damage will be done, and that’s that.

He knew this was coming, and doesn’t care. It’s all about importing future dependent voters.

I.E. Immigration. [/quote]


#13

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
2) There is ENDLESS “America has spoken”/“This was about the future of America”/“We have been given a Mandate”/President Obama is raked over the Coals 1, 375, 355 times between 10PM and 2 AM, blah, blah…[/quote]

This wouldn’t be much different than the last two weeks or so pertaining to the first part, and no different than the last 6 years pertaining to the second.

So you mean… Just like every other election?

You mean to tell me politicians play partisan games? no…

[quote]4) Nothing gets done

[/quote]

Hopefully this is true.


#14

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
Of course we take the Senate, but nothing gets done. But we need to worry. Obama and his team has designed and predicted this. Read that again.

This is so he can do immigration reform by executive action with no political fallout to his party. He will break the country, and in 2016, they can only blame Obama. The Dems can’t be held accountable politically. They will be gone. The damage will be done, and that’s that.

He knew this was coming, and doesn’t care. It’s all about importing future dependent voters.

I.E. Immigration. [/quote]

[/quote]

Our leaders are either controlled by ideology or special interests. I used to believe they cared about their constituents. They don’t. Obama is very shrewd. He knows what he is doing. He TOLD us what he is going to do. He tried it one way, failed, now he will use executive order.

Do you think he won’t? If you do, you are naive.


#15

[quote]smh_23 wrote:

Until he fucks up I am going to assume his election 'rithmatics are good. So that’s what’s going to happen.[/quote]

You know I’m looking at this, and can say with the utmost certainty, that is Brown didn’t backstab the gun vote in MA, he would be cleaning up in NH.

He is a moron and a shit stick. I can’t wait to send his camp an email explaining to his stupid ass why he lost in NH.

What kind of moron posts “we need an assault weapons ban” on facebook and then runs in NH? Idiot.


#16

I’ve seen people say:

If Brown wins in NH, Republicans role in the rest of the country, wave election, blah blah blah.

I disagree, but this race si a very good indicator of feelings going into 2016. Brown could get smoked in NH and R’s still dominate everywhere else. Brown is a special kind of stupid, and NH conservatives would rather Shaheen than support his dumbass. Silver has it going Shaheen, RCP has it going Shaheen, and I think she wins too. But it is close.

The fact it’s close should send major signals to the GOP. If they are fucking dumb enough to miss the blatant signals that Brown blows, and is still this close, and not pick a good candidate in 2016, the party is doomed. The RINO likes of Christy, Bush or some other flounder will not prevail in a presidential election where turnout is much less in the Republican favor than a midterm.

EDIT:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/nh/new_hampshire_senate_brown_vs_shaheen-3894.html

Although Brown might still be riding this wave here, and I guess they dropped some bomb on Shaheen this morning, but it feels like it’s a day or two late.


#17

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
Of course we take the Senate, but nothing gets done. But we need to worry. Obama and his team has designed and predicted this. Read that again.

This is so he can do immigration reform by executive action with no political fallout to his party. He will break the country, and in 2016, they can only blame Obama. The Dems can’t be held accountable politically. They will be gone. The damage will be done, and that’s that.

He knew this was coming, and doesn’t care. It’s all about importing future dependent voters.

I.E. Immigration. [/quote]

[/quote]

Our leaders are either controlled by ideology or special interests. I used to believe they cared about their constituents. They don’t. Obama is very shrewd. He knows what he is doing. He TOLD us what he is going to do. He tried it one way, failed, now he will use executive order.

Do you think he won’t? If you do, you are naive.
[/quote]

Let me get this right (I’m so naive, I don’t want to misquote you, NorCal…)

The GOP wins the Senate, and consolidates it’s majority position in the House…

And somehow this is all part of a Marxist inspired plot on the President’s part to get more immigrants into the Country?

Then, yes…I’m naive.

Mufasa


#18

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Let me get this right (I’m so naive, I don’t want to misquote you, NorCal…)

The GOP wins the Senate, and consolidates it’s majority position in the House…

And somehow this is all part of a Marxist inspired plot on the President’s part to get more immigrants into the Country?

Then, yes…I’m naive.

Mufasa
[/quote]

I think you’re misunderstanding what he actually was intending to say in his post. I think what he looking for was something along the lines of:

Bam saw the writing on the wall awhile ago as it pertains to the countries feelings on who should be in control, and his agenda. So therefore because Bam can look at his approval numbers tanking like the rest fo us, the reasonable assumption was there was a chance he would lose the Senate, and therefore needed to come up with a contingency plan to get Amnesty done, because the prevailing assumption is amnesty will add a couple percentage points to the Democrat voting numbers in the next handful of elections.


#19

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Let me get this right (I’m so naive, I don’t want to misquote you, NorCal…)

The GOP wins the Senate, and consolidates it’s majority position in the House…

And somehow this is all part of a Marxist inspired plot on the President’s part to get more immigrants into the Country?

Then, yes…I’m naive.

Mufasa
[/quote]

I think you’re misunderstanding what he actually was intending to say in his post. I think what he looking for was something along the lines of:

Bam saw the writing on the wall awhile ago as it pertains to the countries feelings on who should be in control, and his agenda. So therefore because Bam can look at his approval numbers tanking like the rest fo us, the reasonable assumption was there was a chance he would lose the Senate, and therefore needed to come up with a contingency plan to get Amnesty done, because the prevailing assumption is amnesty will add a couple percentage points to the Democrat voting numbers in the next handful of elections.
[/quote]

And additionally, further burdens an already overburdened system leading to immense financial difficulty during a Republican controlled Congress’s term leading to a clean sweep for dems the next go around.


#20

The NYT is suggesting the midterm elections be canceled. Just in time for what could be a troublesome election for Democrats.