So Many Diets...

Hey Guys,

I got spring break in about 6 weeks and I’ve been slowing down my calories for a while now, but have kind of plateaued. I know cardio is probably one of the more important aspects, but I just want to know if I got a sound diet or if I’m over my head, I am trying to tighten up the mid section,

Currently I am follwing the “Beyond Built” book by Bob Paris, lifting 4 days a week with around 3 days of cardio consisting of around 2 miles.
Stats: 22yrs 172lbs 5’7 Around 12% Body Fat

Heres a log of today:
Breakfast
1 Creatine Pcket 6kcal
1 Organic Blueberry Waffle 95kcal
1 Lg Whole Egg, 4 Egg whites only w/ spinach 142kcal
4 tbsp Salsa 20kcal

Total 263kcal

Pre-Workout
1oz Almonds 160kcal
1 Avocado Hass 250kcal
1 scoop bcaas 20kcal
3 Fish Oil 30kcal

Total 430kcal

Post Workout
PWO Shake 160kcal
Green Apple 80kcal
Creatine

Total 240kcal

Lunch
7oz Parmesan Chicken 490kcal
2oz Broccoli 20kcal
1 Cup Wild and Brown Rice mix 148kcal
1 Cup Green tea

Total 658kcal

Dinner
1 Cup Green Tea
4 oz Can Tuna 100kcal
4.5 oz Wild and Brown Rice mix 111kcal
1 Red Pepper 30kcal

Total 241 kcal

Total Kcal 1862

At the end of the day Macros are:

79g Fat (38%) 167g Carb (38%) (32g Fiber, 22g Sugar) 122g (26%) Protein

Any Help would be greatly appreciated, and if any need additionally info please let me know!

Cheers,

Dipset

I’d suggest you drastically increase the amount of protein you get, min 50 gr or more. Should be quite easy to start by fixing your breakfast & pre workout.

[quote]Dipset wrote:
Hey Guys,

I got spring break in about 6 weeks and I’ve been slowing down my calories for a while now, but have kind of plateaued…
[/quote]
If you have truly plateaued then you can:

1. Reduce calories
  2. Increase Cardio
  3. Reduce sedentary time (walk more, shoot hoops, ultimate frisbee, etc.)
  4. Take a stimulant (Fat burner)

***Try to only manipulate 1 at a time or you will run out of option quickly.

I think that with 6 weeks left until spring break you don’t need to reinvent the wheel. If what you were doing worked “for awhile now” then tweak it to keep moving forward.

As for the diet thing I would limit my carbohydrates to less than 100 grams per day but that is just me. The benefit of doing this in college is that if you slip up and have a few beers one night just consider that your high carb day and continue with the plan in the morning.

I’ve tried bringing the carbs down in the past and ended up being always hungry with little energy at the gym. Do you have any advice on how to counter that and what would you change in this diet? I am on compound 20 and clk if that makes a difference.

[quote]Dipset wrote:
I’ve tried bringing the carbs down in the past and ended up being always hungry with little energy at the gym. Do you have any advice on how to counter that and what would you change in this diet? I am on compound 20 and clk if that makes a difference.[/quote]
Assuming you are already eating proper amounts of protein 1-1.5 grams per pound of LBM I would raise fats when I decreased carbohydrates. Just dropping the carbs is often times too much of a decrease in calories all at once.

Lean Body Mass = LBM

LBM * 1.5 = Grams of Protein/Day
LBM * 1 = Grams of Carbs/Day
LBM * 0.5 = Grams of Fat/DAY

This is a good starting point. From here slowly decrease your carbohydrates until you are cycling between 50 to 100 per day with most days being on the low side. And like I said, if you trip up and eat a whole pizza of shut down a bar with your friends just count that as a high day and get back on the program with a few low days in a row.

Would you go about this with replacing the rice with veggies? I’m just trying to figure what would be the alternative I could add or subtract to keep a some what consistent diet.

[quote]Dipset wrote:
Would you go about this with replacing the rice with veggies? I’m just trying to figure what would be the alternative I could add or subtract to keep a some what consistent diet.[/quote]
Replacing starchy foods with leafy greens when your trying to lose weight is always a good decision in my book. As for the rest of your question, I am not a dietitian or nutritionist so I don’t write diets.

If I were you I would sit down and come up with 3 daily meal plans: 1 for low carb days, 1 for medium carb days & 1 for high carb days. Use foods you know how to make and like enough to eat consistently for the next 6 weeks. This will save you from doing this everyday as it provides a frame work to start your day off.