So... I'm Depressed

From a guy with scars on his wrists…

When you are on the floor watching your blood pool around you…you will understand how beatiful life is, regardless of circumstances…

From a guy who has overdosed…when your head hits the pillow for that last long nap…your first dream will be the actual visions of your successful future moments.

http://www.lifeline-gallery.org/?gclid=CPDBqqSevacCFQnrKgodoGOmAQ

I know, its cheesy and you probably dont think they will help at all…but, brother, its worth a shot. After all you are reaching out here…why not get a more personal connection?

^ Good call Rock. You make me proud and hopefull for our youth of today.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
^ Good call Rock. You make me proud and hopefull for our youth of today. [/quote]

Well thank you, stupid old man. I do aspire to become a mental health professional at some point…in some capacity.

U;m just always shocked that when threads like these pop up no one ever refers the guy/girl to trained pros.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
^ Good call Rock. You make me proud and hopefull for our youth of today. [/quote]

Well thank you, stupid old man. I do aspire to become a mental health professional at some point…in some capacity.

U;m just always shocked that when threads like these pop up no one ever refers the guy/girl to trained pros.

[/quote]

Because young one, most young people think they KNOW it all. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[/quote]

Because young one, most young people think they KNOW it all. :P[/quote]

But…Iron Dwatf and Angry Chicken are like a million years old. lol

Interesting how depression isn’t just found in those with actual shitty situations, like this guy who actually has it pretty good. I think that just goes to show that it is almost entirely in your head. This guy says he is depressed because of blah blah and then some people say his situation is nothing compared to others. This may be true, but his situation and feelings are REAL to him, and that is all that matters. Just my opinion though.

Oh and if it makes you feel any better OP, i fuckin love your avatar. I don’t even know why it’s so damn funny.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahahahahahahaha okay you got me. Asshole.

[quote]TD54 wrote:
Interesting how depression isn’t just found in those with actual shitty situations, like this guy who actually has it pretty good. I think that just goes to show that it is almost entirely in your head. This guy says he is depressed because of blah blah and then some people say his situation is nothing compared to others. This may be true, but his situation and feelings are REAL to him, and that is all that matters. Just my opinion though.

Oh and if it makes you feel any better OP, i fuckin love your avatar. I don’t even know why it’s so damn funny.[/quote]

thats totally true, thats why its irrational

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahahahahahahaha okay you got me. Asshole. [/quote]

Outsmarted by a 21 year old…God help you when the rest of T-Nation’s old and pissed off crowd gets wind of this.

God help you.

I am just a fucking dumbass but here is my take on this:

Now you are unhappy. You could die tommorow while being unhappy. You are dead. Your ugly badly written life story is over. What an unclimatic ending. It is not even a story. That makes no sense. that keeps me from moaning about my situation.

Also Being in a country such as Canada I have the obligation to not be unhappy. That’s it. If you were born in africa you wouldnt even have a life. It would be “better luck next time”.

I could think of 100 things I would need to be happy. I will probably never get them. So fucking what. And fuck that noise

Go see a doctor or therapist. Sounds like you need someone to talk to about your problems rather than some random stranger on the internet. Trust me, it helps to get it all off your chest.

I was really ill last year for awhile and I was depressed a bit. Being in a situation like that makes you realize a few things. Life is like a rollercoaster, there are ups and downs. Right now things might not be looking so good for you, but a few years down the road your life could be going in the right direction and you could be having the time of your life. No matter how bad you think your situation is in, there are always people a lot worse than you. You have to try and stay positive no matter what.

Last year fucking sucked for me, but things are slowly getting better. You have to be patient, things will get better. You have to believe that.

One last inspiring quote that helped me through things… “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” -Confucius

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Outsmarted by a 21 year old…God help you when the rest of T-Nation’s old and pissed off crowd gets wind of this.

God help you.[/quote]

They’re old and will forget by tomorrow.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:
What’s wrong with being average? [/quote]

“Only the mediocre are always at their best.” Jean Giraudoux

average is mediocre…

you gotta accept you can’t always be at your best, that life is not always great, that you have to fight to make things better.

You really are in control of your life. It may not seem so, but you are.

Freedom is knowing you make the decisions.

Having been in a similar place a long time ago, I can offer the following:

1. Try and get outside yourself. Depressed people are always very self-absorbed. Lose yourself in something else…something you enjoy…there must be something…THINK!

2. If you go to therapy, you will get to tell your pathetic story over and over and over. You will not need therapy anymore when you realize that you’re starting to bore yourself shitless.

3. Start to make a better story

4. Don’t underestimate the power of endorphins and get exercise to produce them. Depressed people usually would rather veg, but make yourself work out so the endorphins kick in.

5. Keep telling a better story…to yourself and others. Be your own best friend. Learn to enjoy your own company by yourself. Once you get the hang of that…BAM! Here’s your next girlfriend. Happens every time.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

God help you.[/quote]

They’re old and will forget by tomorrow. [/quote]

Once its typed, this shit is up here forever.

Rockula 2 DJHT 0

Trust the Lord, he’ll provide.

Unsure of how appropriate the comment is, but I do think its relevant.

[quote]Otep wrote:

Unsure of how appropriate the comment is, but I do think its relevant.[/quote]

That is certainly a good point, but for someone who is depressed to the point of wanting to end their life then they probably feel too damaged to be able to do any of that. OP see a therapist, you are serious enough to post your suicidal feelings on a web forum for weightlifting, I think it is time to see a professional.

The situation is meaningless, whether you are in a high-stress job, have 19 kids with no food on the table, or am just sad that your puppy died… it is has brought up feelings strong enough to make you want to go against your own biological urge to live. Changing the situation may help… getting into a big firm tomorrow, getting a perfect 10 girlfriend, may help the urges to subside, but there is something in your mind that is broken and it is best to find out why as early as possible. Either way the situation doesn’t mean shit, get help now before this progresses to the point of you ending up in the ER on life support.

Or… squats and milk.

I remembered this old comedy bit from years ago, and it’s cute but relevant too.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I remembered this old comedy bit from years ago, and it’s cute but relevant too.

You. Are. Old…