T Nation

So I Quit Smoking Weed Today...

Man, if I had to pay $120 for a 1/4 I would deffinatly quit as well!

[quote]elano wrote:
msd0060 wrote:
The key is never ‘just have one’ again.

Your absolutely right. That ‘just one puff’ will get you hooked right back again.

Just to make sure I really mean it, I gave away my favorite pipe in the whole wide world. This thing hit the best out of anything ever ever smoked. This here pipe is beautifulll!!! And now it belongs to my best friend. [/quote]

That piece is gorgeous. Where did you get it?

[quote]elano wrote:
SSC wrote:
Man, I actually just stopped two days ago. I feel much more upbeat now that I’m not high essentially all day (excluding workouts, I try not to be high for that,) but I also feel a LOT more bored.

I plan on buying a sack tomorrow, but that’s because it’s the damn weekend. I think you’re going to find it quite lame going for that long and stopped immediately. Oh well, depends on how well you can keep yourself busy, man.

Good luck.

I’m actually quitting SMOKING weed. I will still make me some weed cookies and brownies from time to time. I think I will buy a quarter of some super dank for $120 two times a month just to make food with. I figure if I get the really good stuff, I can split a quarter into 7 1g doses. A gnote of that goodness should be plenty to get me high on a empty stomach. I’m actually looking forward to getting high without smoking.[/quote]

Don’t use DANK for baking!!! Use low to mids. It is more economical.

And to SSC, it seems to take a while to find a good equilibrium. Although I have never smoked weed or done anything illegal, a friend of a friend said he likes it much more when he smokes once or twice a week. Tolerance to THC goes back to near 0 in about a week.(CBD, THCV and psychological tolerance are a differnt story.) If Elano can keep himself busy, it is quite an easy thing to quit. But I think that while pot is not addictive, the lifestyle is another story.

[quote]timbofirstblood wrote:
elano wrote:
msd0060 wrote:
The key is never ‘just have one’ again.

Your absolutely right. That ‘just one puff’ will get you hooked right back again.

Just to make sure I really mean it, I gave away my favorite pipe in the whole wide world. This thing hit the best out of anything ever ever smoked. This here pipe is beautifulll!!! And now it belongs to my best friend.

That piece is gorgeous. Where did you get it?[/quote]

Thanks!! I bought it used and dirty from a friend for 13 dollars at her “yard sale.” Ive never seen another one quite like it.

As far as the $120 quarter, it’s totally worth it since its premium. You only have to take about 2 hits and your high for hours.

As for baking with mid, It is also a very real possibility since it goes for around $25-40 a quarter. Its a quantity vs quality thing.

Quitting for good? D:

Do what I do and just smoke on weekends.

That’s a shame.

…quitting weed cold turkey was one of the best decisions i ever made. Doesn’t stop me from growing it though (-;

I quit after freshman year of college cold turkey. I used to smoke every day and was a tiny weak POS.

But I didn’t make a big deal about it online, I just did it.

I smoked for a few years. Always Very strong AAA+ kind bud and always/mostly Sativa dominant strains. It was alot of fun. It was not physically addictive at all but it was somewhat mentally addictive. A little more then coffee. I stayed smoke free for 10 months. I missed it during those times. The “missing it” part worried me.

Why would i miss something im not addicted to? Then i realized i was being too hard on myself. I missed coffee when i gave that up. I missed desserts when i gave those up. I missed pizza when i gave that up, i missed sex when i didn’t have to for a while and so on and on.

I found myself not knowing what to do with my time. It was more fun to smoke during down time, but with no smoking the down time seemed really down.

When i quit, i quit cold turkey. I didn;t smoke for about 10 months. During that time i made a few realizations.

1. it’s human nature to like an altered state of mind to relax. This is why people like to drink or smoke tobacco and why it’s allowed by 99% of governments for their populace.

2. I hate alcohol. The buzz is not worth the flat muscles, the hangover and restless sleep.

3. I hate nicotine. The buzz is not worth the increased heart rate, headache and hangover.

4. If you’re lucky to score good Cannabis of the strain you want, smoke it in moderation. Weekends are just fine.

I did alot of introspection on myself. Im i an addict? Why do i like to feel “altered”? etc etc… I beat myself up about it for a long time. Then i just realized that everyone around me pounds the most popular drug “alcohol” every week, all in good fun. Am i a bad guy, bad person and a bad human for liking to hit the bong from time to time?

There were many benefits to smoking as well:

it helped me release alot of emotional baggage.That was probably the biggest thing.I forgave alot of people for the wrongs they have done to me, mainly my parents.

It helped me realize there is a God. It made me realize how silly and self destructive it is to not “forgive” others.

It made me see myself in a way that i didn;t like and caused me to change for the better. I got closer to my then GF and now wife. We became more intimate and close.

It helped me get over hangups about sex and i was able to enjoy it freeley and natural, the way it’s meant to be enjoyed.

It helped me appreciate music and people of different races and cultures. I saw them all as very beautiful and all of us as a part of the same brotherhood. It bothered me that people were so divided.

It helped me stop being petty and i could somehow see people for how they really are. I know it’s weird, but i could tell a persons real character. Who was honest and genuine and who was hiding and being fake. That part is very profound.

So i would say it helped me alot and increased the quality of my life alot. Interestingly i experienced that with Sativas. Indicas made me just get stoned and heavy. I didn’t like it. Sativas were very energetic and cerebral, their vibe vibed with me.

I like it when it’s referred to as “Cold Turkey,” because it makes it sound like a conventional drug or addiction.

And as far as the quality of weeds are concerned, can we all stop trying to justify how good our dank is? Anyone who’s been smoking for more than a small period of time usually has chronic.

[quote]elano wrote:

I’m actually quitting SMOKING weed. I will still make me some weed cookies and brownies from time to time. [/quote]

Oh.

So I guess we can’t expect your post quality to go up, can we?

[quote]SSC wrote:
I like it when it’s referred to as “Cold Turkey,” because it makes it sound like a conventional drug or addiction.

And as far as the quality of weeds are concerned, can we all stop trying to justify how good our dank is? Anyone who’s been smoking for more than a small period of time usually has chronic.[/quote]

Actually within that category it still runs the gammot. If you call your weed chronic you’re far from an experienced smoker. I’m not comparing you to myself or anything like that, just saying, factually.

Everyone should try a few different Sativas and Indicas and Hybrids of both. Best Place is Amsterdam or now Canada, or so i hear.

My favorites In Amsterdam were: Super Silver Haze, Jack Herrer, Norther lights/haze, a potent white widow and Ice. You haven’t lived till you ripped a Super Silver Haze from a bong, lol. Intensely cerebral and visual.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
SSC wrote:

And as far as the quality of weeds are concerned, can we all stop trying to justify how good our dank is? Anyone who’s been smoking for more than a small period of time usually has chronic.

Actually within that category it still runs the gammot. If you call your weed chronic you’re far from an experienced smoker. I’m not comparing you to myself or anything like that, just saying, factually.

Everyone should try a few different Sativas and Indicas and Hybrids of both. Best Place is Amsterdam or now Canada, or so i hear.

My favorites In Amsterdam were: Super Silver Haze, Jack Herrer, Norther lights/haze, a potent white widow and Ice. You haven’t lived till you ripped a Super Silver Haze from a bong, lol. Intensely cerebral and visual.

[/quote]

I actually disagree quite strongly. I’ve been around the game long enough to know that ANYONE can give any name to any strain of weed and people will just eat that shit up. Back when I was slinging a little bit I’d take weed, call it Purple Nurple, and jack the price up 10 dollars. If I get weed from some random guy, and he calls it Super Skunk-17, how am I to know the difference between that and Mango Kush? They’re both indicas.

Naming weed is fucking dumb, and it’s more just to manipulate the masses.

Good job bro. You will feel great after getting those lungs back in shape. When I gave up weed it took about a month to notice my energy level back up. I believe this was directly related to an increase in lung capacity.

As far as ingesting THC besides smoking, I prefer to powder up some bud in a spice grinder and making a tea with it and drinking it. A half teaspoon of ground bud to a cup of boiling water will do you fine. It takes a while for it to enter your system but it lasts a lot longer.

I quit cold turkey for the New Year and haven’t smoked since.

I love weed, but always I get carried away. Last year I was between jobs for four months and did literally nothing the whole time except smoke pot.

Alright! One less hippie in the world!

Kidding of course. :slight_smile:
Congrats on kicking it.
Good health to you, Elano!

[quote]SSC wrote:
I actually disagree quite strongly. I’ve been around the game long enough to know that ANYONE can give any name to any strain of weed and people will just eat that shit up.

Back when I was slinging a little bit I’d take weed, call it Purple Nurple, and jack the price up 10 dollars. If I get weed from some random guy, and he calls it Super Skunk-17, how am I to know the difference between that and Mango Kush? They’re both indicas.

Naming weed is fucking dumb, and it’s more just to manipulate the masses.[/quote]

Well if your experience is mostly flipping eighthers and quarters to local kids in Michigan, I don’t blame you for thinking that naming weed is stupid.

Get back to us after visiting Amsterdam or Vancouver or the medical marijuana dispensaries out here, and you’ll realize names are important when selecting from five strains of buds that produce different highs and all look unlike anything you’ve ever seen before.

[quote]Otep wrote:
elano wrote:

I’m actually quitting SMOKING weed. I will still make me some weed cookies and brownies from time to time.

Oh.

So I guess we can’t expect your post quality to go up, can we?[/quote]

I don’t get it.