So How Was Your 2009

So how was 2009 for you, many people say it was diffrent and it sucked.

My 2009 had its ups and downs, I couldnt keep a girlfrind for shit, but I got laid a few times. I did my first powerlifting meet, went 365,255,455. Didnt play much my first year on the varsity football team as a junior, and my coach was a complete dick to me, and called me an idiot.
I benched 275 in the gym, along with a 405 squat. I did great in school, and have a job prospect to work for a DOW company (Hemlock semiconductor in MI).

So tell how 2009 was for you.

Shitty. Separated from my wife of 22 years. 17 y.o. son stopped speaking to me. Filed for divorce. Reconciled. Deployed for a year right as we were reconciling. On the bright side, had a great job and benefits and no risk of being unemployed, spoke to my son for the first time in months on Christmas Eve, earning extra cash during deployment. Next year can only get better. Here’s to 2010!

Other than finding out I had pulmonary embolism and having to take Coumadin…it was great. I will make 2010 even better regardless of my circumstance.

Pretty shit aswell tbh. 2010 can only get better

It’s ending way better than it started…which means 2010 will start way better than 2009 did, so 2010 is already gonna be a better year. :slight_smile:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:
It’s ending way better than it started…which means 2010 will start way better than 2009 did, so 2010 is already gonna be a better year. :)[/quote]

Um, ditto:)

Let’s see…

Moved back to the States, resulting in a major pay cut. Missed my promotion by less than a point. Had to take on a second job.

On the other hand, We moved back to the States, and it’s good to be home. We were able to have a family reunion for the first time in almost a decade, and it didn’t even involve a funeral. I got a second job, when some people don’t even have one. Kids are all healthy and happy…Yeah, I’ll call Ought9 a win.

2010’ll be interesting at the least.

nothing happened at all

I got a speeding ticket

2009 was pretty much the shittiest year of my life, so far. Onwards and upwards.

Was good early, but sucked ass from my birthday onward. 2010 can get worse or get better.

2009 was great, I met my dream girl :slight_smile:

2009 was awesome. Sold my house right before the crash, bought a new house 2x bigger for a great price. Doubled my income from great to “I can’t believe this”. 2010 is looking so bright I need to wear shades.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
2009 was pretty much the shittiest year of my life, so far. Onwards and upwards.[/quote]

I am with PMPM on this one.

For those who had a good 2009:

Go fuck yourself.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
I got a speeding ticket[/quote]

On the way to Florida?

2009 was a 50/50 split between absolute shit and some decent progress. On second thought, probably closer to 70/30. Too many injuries screwing up my training, bonuses cut at work and a few other goals missed. But, 2010 is going to be a lot better. A fuck of a lot better.

The events that occured to me gave 2009 a good chance at being the worst year of my life. That being said, they helped me get my life on track. So I guess I’m glad 2009 was fucking garbage lol

Pretty fuckin shitty, that’s how my 2009 was.

Started with a great job ended with a better one. Started with a drinking problem ended without one. Hit bad depression part way through… gone for now. No girlfriend but met some solid girls of late. Put on 15 lbs of mass and about 170 lbs across the big 3 lifts. Overall rough year, especially summer, that ended fairly well. Momentum for next year!