So...How Do You Get Into Throwing?

Specifically shot-putting, hammer throwing, maybe Highland games stuff and whatnot. I really don’t know too much about it. It looks pretty damn fun to me; but I do know one would probably have to have a high level of strength and technique to even attempt it.

Still, it’s something I’d like to get into a little while from now (say six months) and something I think I would enjoy greatly.

Input and tips greatly appreciated.

I think you just go to a competition and talk to some of the guys, maybe find out what bar they’re going to afterwards. Other than that, read every article by Dan John and check out his website.

Highland Games-go to www.nasgaweb.com and go to the database link at top. Find a competition near you and there will be a contact number. The guy/gal can link you up with others that throw in your vicinity.

Yeah,

What the other guys said. You might also google around for heavy throwers, and use the links pages on the various highland athletics pages.

Incidentally, Mike Smith will be giving a throwing demo in Tulsa, OK on Feb17th.

Deadline for payment has already passed, but if you’re serious PM me and I’ll see what I can do.