So Got to Tell Someone!

After 2 days of crappy sleep and not eating enough I hit the gym today. Felt flat as a pancake on the way and just not ready for it, but it had to be done! Started with OHP which I’m not in love with but managed 30kg 5x2 + 1x6 which is the most I’ve done so pleased and it woke me up a bit :slight_smile: Then it was time for some rows which I really like, hit 72.5 5x2 + 1x10, another step up in weight, easlly adding 2.5kg to this every time I do it, will probably add 5kg next time! Did some lat work on a machine, I have no idea what it’s called though! lol Now it’s squat time, love doing them, can feel my whole body working :slight_smile:

So this is the bit I had to tell someone! Did a couple of warmup sets and had a look in my notebook to see what I’d done the previous time, 55kg! Now the sensible thing to do would have been to go to 57.5kg and carry on my steady progress, I was feeling good though and found myself looking over at the 20kg plates! Before my sensible side had chance to do anything I was looking at the bar with one on each side! Got under it, took my stance, tightened my core and went for it! It felt good, tough but manageable, last rep of 5 was a bit ropey but it went up steady. Took 3 minutes rest and oddly the second set of 5 felt better! Another 3 minutes and got 6 on my AMRAP set :slight_smile:

I know these numbers are tiny compared to pretty much everyone on here but putting those 20’s on the bar for the squat felt great as I’ve only been lifting for 6-7 weeks now so can clearly remember the first time I put an empty olympic bar on my back and thinking it was bloody heavy! Anyway, just had to tell someone :slight_smile:

Sweet! There really is a special feeling when you get a full plate on each side on a lift.

Well done. Learn to love this feeling and keep putting a lot of heart into your lifting. You might just surprise yourself with what you can do.

[quote]OTHSteve wrote:
Sweet! There really is a special feeling when you get a full plate on each side on a lift. [/quote]

Ya it is and hopefully my bench will be there soon :slight_smile:

[quote]twojarslave wrote:
Well done. Learn to love this feeling and keep putting a lot of heart into your lifting. You might just surprise yourself with what you can do.
[/quote]

Thanks man, I will :slight_smile: