Snowmageddon

Yea it’s been absolutely terrible here. Here’s my front yard & driveway (which is usually wide enough to get both trucks side by side) last week…

yeah it is terrible, after the swells i had 3-4 feet on my driveway. my little snow blower is not meant for this. I had to shovel at least half if not more of it away to then be able to use the snowblower. I was out there for 1.5 hours and then saw some dude with a plow on his truck, i rudely interrupted his conversation with someone down the block and offered him money to do my driveway, crisis averted.

it was so bad my dog couldnt go out in the back yard. she loves snow, is a german shepherd/golden retriever so not a small dog, she pissed on the area of the deck i shoveled and ran back in. when she tried to go in the backyard she was almost completely under.

We got hit pretty freaking badly. No pictures, but the entire state of Michigan was in a state of emergency, and the city I live in isn’t allowing parking on public streets from 5 PM yesterday until 5 PM on Friday.

I think we only got about 12"-14" or so, but it was still heinous.

so this was apparently going to be the end all of all storms and we got like a foot to 2 feet of snow. This winter so far London (where I live) has had about 210-270 cm of snow.

My snow blower and I have been spending the morning getting some quality time in. Probably around 12" - 15" of snow. Not as bad as what was hyped though.

My packages are delayed.

Fetcher.

Wow. That sucks. Seems like Montana is having a really mild winter.

Just sayin’.

The flowers are blooming in CA.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
The flowers are blooming in CA.[/quote]

Here’s the view from my front step. I cheated though, I had a head start from last month lol. It’s quite a snow bank all the way down the one side of my driveway lol.

We got next to nothing last year so I can’t complain too much.

it was 76 today. that is why I live here. we’ve seen snow a couple of times this winter.

last sunday Lowcountry Oyster Festival

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

You sir…suck.

i just got home from the beach.

This ice storm may just have been the last straw. I need to find a job in AZ, NV, or FL.

^x2 im down for AZ

trust me, arizona is a horrible place.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

And this is why CA is without one the best places to live.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

Ah yes. I remember it well. Spending Februaries working outdoors and many times getting a neck-tan line. I gotta get back out west.

[quote]dday wrote:
It might be a little easier if under the snow wasn’t a half inch of ice to stand on. The show is frozen on top and can’t be pushed by hand so each shovel full has to be thrown and with lack of decent footing I can’t use my legs so it’s all back and arms.
[/quote]

Get some Yaktrax. They cost like $15 and you can walk on ice like it’s nothing. They just slide right onto your regular boots/shoes. Best winter goody I’ve bought in a while.

http://www.yaktrax.com/pro