Snowmageddon

How much did you guys get from the great blizzard of 2011. We ONLY got 12-14" but there are 2+ft drifts in my driveway.
I consider myself in pretty decent shape for 36, lift 4-5 days a week and walk or run a few miles 3 days a week but shoveling a 3 car driveway has kicked my ass all morning. It might be a little easier if under the snow wasn’t a half inch of ice to stand on. The show is frozen on top and can’t be pushed by hand so each shovel full has to be thrown and with lack of decent footing I can’t use my legs so it’s all back and arms.
This picture doesn’t do it justice, that snow pile is hip high on me.

That’s how last week’s snowjob was here in south Jersey.
Fuck winter.

Finished mine in about 1 hr 30 minutes, usually take 45 minutes for just snow under 6 inches. Decent mixture of slush and snow, probably only 6 inches total but heavy. I was expecting a foot of snow this morning, but we got ice instead.

You have to incorporate the slide into your tossing motion. Amateur…

“Stooooooorm of the century”.

I heard it’s pretty bad out there, but it should be passing soon?

Living a big chunk of my life in CA, I’ve never experienced anything like this. My car is almost completely buried. And you know it’s a bad sign when the show plow gets towed of your street.

Just finished the driveway, started at 7am took a 30 minute food break, it’s now 11:30am and my ass is kicked. The snow pile is now shoulder high and 10ft into my yard. Fuck you winter…FUUUUCCCCKKKKK YOUUUUU!!! Next year I’m buying a snow blower.

We were supposed to get buried, but ended up with 2". Total let down.

In Chicago, we have 2 feet and it’s still accumulating. There are 24 foot swells in Lake Michigan and I saw numerous city buses stranded on the way to work this morning.

Needless to say, I shoveled my car out this AM and placed the requisite kitchen chairs in the street so I have someplace to park this afternoon.

My car is encased in about 1" of ice, and about 6" of snow on top of that. Good times.

Its pretty bad here, but not as much snow fall as out east. Our big problem now is the cold (-30 with windchill) and the snow drifts are really dense from the wind last night. I’ve got all-wheel drive and barely made it to work through the path the plows made. Good luck to everyone else. This shit won’t be gone until May at this rate.

View from my front step

Look at this pic from downtown toronto

Fuck it im going to the gym anways

My car is under there somewhere.

I knew it was going to be a crazy day when I opened my garage door at 0530 hrs and a five foot snow drift collapsed into my garage. After shoveling the drift out of my garage I barely made it into work with my four wheel drive vehicle. We received almost two foot of snow overnight on the west side of Michigan. Most of the roads are only passable if you have four wheel drive. Have spent much of the day assisting motorists out of the ditches and out of their driveways. I have gotten my cruiser stuck three times. Still have four hours to go.

On Friday I moved to Fort Wayne, IN from Corpus Christi, TX where it was 80 on Monday. Got here just in time to here about the storm of the century. Spent all morning shoveling snow for the first time in my life. Nearly died. Strange to be sweating in negative wind chill.

for those in Canada… yeah, it happened.

took me about an hour to shovel what looks like about 12’’ of snow.
good GPP lol.