Snow Day!

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
JLu wrote:
Americans talking about snow is so cute.

What are you talking aboot ?

[/quote]

Snow, eh?

[quote]SSC wrote:
Ugh. I grew up in one of the top areas in the country for snow (right off lake Michigan,) and they don’t close school for shit. Which, in terms of gym time, is a blessing and a curse.

12 inches of snow in a night? Not closed.
15 below zero? Not closed.
12 inches of snow in a night while it’s 15 below zero? Then you’re just fucked.[/quote]

Sounds like my district.

Even just last month. A high of like 10 degrees and a morning temperature of -5. Even a delay? Fuck you. Get to school.

[quote]VibeAlive wrote:
I’m in Ottawa… EVERYDAY is a snow day… lol[/quote]

Toronto never shuts down. But that’s because we are more important than you :stuck_out_tongue:

Unofficial capital of Canada is what we are.

[quote]mattchew wrote:
We had a “snow” day, as in it was supposed to snow, but never got below 35, but school got canceled regardless. I’m glad for another day off of school, though (6 day weekend FTW)[/quote]

So school got cancelled and it wasn’t even cold enough for water to freeze? You must be joking.

[quote]JLu wrote:
Americans talking about snow is so cute.[/quote]

Funny. Ottawa (as a province) averages about 94 inches of snow a year. Many areas on western coastline of Lake Michigan average about 100 inches every year.

Canadians making huge presumptions is so adorable.

Cinci got hit hard…and will be getting harder. I wish I were still in school… GE doesn’t shut down unless powers out. Oh well…someone’s gotta make jet engines.

[quote]JLu wrote:
mattchew wrote:
We had a “snow” day, as in it was supposed to snow, but never got below 35, but school got canceled regardless. I’m glad for another day off of school, though (6 day weekend FTW)

So school got cancelled and it wasn’t even cold enough for water to freeze? You must be joking.[/quote]

Sadly not, they were predicting freezing rain, but when they canceled it was 35, maybee it dropped to 34 or 33, but i don’t think it ever got to freezing. Down here where we haven’t gotten anything good for snow in 4+ years and grocery stores sell out of bread and milk if there’s potential for an inch of snow, it doesn’t take much to get school canceled.

the snows about to hit northern Indiana like hell tonight.

Unfortunetly the University I go to doesn’t close ever…even if its a high class weather emergency.

[quote]MetalGrasshopper wrote:
Cinci got hit hard…and will be getting harder. I wish I were still in school… GE doesn’t shut down unless powers out. Oh well…someone’s gotta make jet engines.[/quote]

Hey man, where do you train in Cincy ?

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
MetalGrasshopper wrote:
Cinci got hit hard…and will be getting harder. I wish I were still in school… GE doesn’t shut down unless powers out. Oh well…someone’s gotta make jet engines.

Hey man, where do you train in Cincy ?[/quote]

Well I sure as hell hope your right.

We are all running around praying for another snow day, but something tells me wednesday will not bring the snow.

I did my homework, just in case.

Cam, this layer of ice that is now on top of the snow, is going to get covered by a few more inches of snow here in a little bit.

I think the odds are just as good that we’ll be closed tomorrow.

I tend to have really bad luck in relation to my car when it snows.

<<<<<<<<<< SNOW DAY, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BUDDY!!!

OU is closed. Good thing cause I’m sick as shit. The Army still hasn’t canceled training though so crossing my fingers.

OU is closed. Good thing because I’m sicker than shit.

hmm first one didnt seem to post

[quote]JLu wrote:
Americans talking about snow is so cute.[/quote]

Because I’m sure Windsor gets much more snow than Detroit. Ontario ain’t Quebec Eh.

Teacher: "What’s better than a ‘snow day’?

Students: “Uh…what could be better than a snow day?”

Teacher: “A snow day WITH PAY.”

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
MetalGrasshopper wrote:

Hey man, where do you train in Cincy ?[/quote]

Urban Active on Colerain.

So when I got outside today I saw an inch thick shell of ice around my truck…sucks, but it looked pretty damn cool.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
My friends in OK all have a snow day. What they call “snow,” we call “ice.” They were getting thunder sleet, which is pretty cool.[/quote]

Yeah, I almost busted my butt a few times at OU on Monday.

“Ice Day” today as well. Most likely be back to school tomorrow. I only have one class so I can’t complain :slight_smile:

[quote]SSC wrote:
JLu wrote:
Americans talking about snow is so cute.

Funny. Ottawa (as a province) averages about 94 inches of snow a year. Many areas on western coastline of Lake Michigan average about 100 inches every year.

Canadians making huge presumptions is so adorable.[/quote]

The province of Ottawa? Lol.