Snoop Dogg on Obama's KKK Connections

Hi everyone. Varqanir here filling in for Headhunter.

I was snooping around, so to speak, and found this hilarious interview. I don’t think that Obama has any actual KKK connections, but apparently Snoop Dogg thinks he does. Enjoy.

I fucking love Snoop Dogg. I’d put a lot of money on a wager that he was high as a Boeing when he did this interview.

POLITICAL NONSENSE
MY ANTI-DRUG

He was higher than a space shuttle.

Off topic: What I found most interesting is how he articulates: ‘He from Little Rock, Arkansas.’, in describing Clinton. I’m interested in how Black English may hold black people back in learning. The high school graduation rate for black kids is a national disgrace. Adequate concept formation relies on being able to use ‘tense’, IMHO.

Also, inadequate concept formation leads to manias, like scapegoatting.

I from Little Rock, Arkansas too. For Shizzle.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Off topic: What I found most interesting is how he articulates: ‘He from Little Rock, Arkansas.’, in describing Clinton. I’m interested in how Black English may hold black people back in learning. The high school graduation rate for black kids is a national disgrace. Adequate concept formation relies on being able to use ‘tense’, IMHO.

Also, inadequate concept formation leads to manias, like scapegoatting.[/quote]

You tell 'em,whitey :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You both have the same dealer.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Also, inadequate concept formation leads to manias, like scapegoatting.[/quote]

If it is any consolidation to you, if Ebonics is a real patois, a bastard language so to speak, it will form into a full language, with grammar and all in less than two generations.

[quote]orion wrote:
If it is any consolidation to you, if Ebonics is a real patois, a bastard language so to speak, it will form into a full language, with grammar and all in less than two generations.
[/quote]

Ebonics has had more than two generations to establish itself; though I doubt it will ever go as far as having a formalized structure. Languages tend to evolve within subcultures of a given population. One of the defining qualities of a culture is the language spoken by its population.

Like HH has stated I also believe an understanding of language is necessary to grasp concepts. This goes beyond the command of vocabulary. In the German language the subjunctive mood can be understood depending on verb conjugation; in English it may only be understood in the context of what is said which might have a tendency to cause confusion. Many languages provide for concepts which others do not – whether those concepts are “real” or not.