T Nation

SNL Skit on Bailout Press Conference

I don’t watch SNL, but heard about this skit.

It’s hard on Pelosi, Frank, Bush, the Sandlers, private real estate speculators, borrowers who couldn’t afford mortgages, and George Soros.

What’s really interesting is NBC pulled the video and all comments from their site yesterday. Liberal censorship is amazing. The conservatives are always blamed for it, but the libs are actually the guilty ones.

EDIT; corrected typo

HA! That was pretty good. That guy doing Barney Frank was funny, and I like how Pelosi shied away from giving the black guy a hug.

The only good thing about the fucking economy and political climate is that SNL is funny again for the first time in years with this and all the Palin spoofs.

That was funny as hell.

No wonder NBC removed it.

High…larius

I want to see a spoof where Wall Street blames both Democrats and Republicans. Who both deserve plenty of blame for the Community Reinvestment act and the repeal of the Glass-Steagal act with nothing in its place.

Really funny skit overall. But that lady that played Pelosi sucked. Really bad impression. Pelosi is much more obnoxious. She failed at the voice and mannerisms too.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
I want to see a spoof where Wall Street blames both Democrats and Republicans. Who both deserve plenty of blame for the Community Reinvestment act and the repeal of the Glass-Steagal act with nothing in its place.

Really funny skit overall. But that lady that played Pelosi sucked. Really bad impression. Pelosi is much more obnoxious. She failed at the voice and mannerisms too.[/quote]

Repealing Glass-Stegal is not as critical as repealing Sarbanes-Oxley, and getting rid of mark-to-market accounting rules.

But I agree with the rest of you post.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
jsbrook wrote:

Really funny skit overall. But that lady that played Pelosi sucked. Really bad impression. Pelosi is much more obnoxious. She failed at the voice and mannerisms too.

Repealing Glass-Stegal is not as critical as repealing Sarbanes-Oxley, and getting rid of mark-to-market accounting rules.

But I agree with the rest of you post. [/quote]

True. The spoof should deal with SOX and mark-to-market accounting too.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
True. The spoof should deal with SOX and mark-to-market accounting too.[/quote]

My god, this morning my accoutning professor went into this mark to market mess again, and he started along the lines of how TV should have a show about accountants like they do for lawyers. Like Law and Order, and CSI… He goes into this “Brad Pitt could play an accountant trying to get to the bottom of this mess, trying to sort out these mark to market shenanigans”

He was really funny this morning. He really likes talking about this stuff, and he says it is very important to pay attention to all of this because eventually the lawyers are going to go after the accountants because since these companies no longer have any money, they will naturally go after the ones that do. Accounting firms.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
jsbrook wrote:

My god, this morning my accoutning professor went into this mark to market mess again, and he started along the lines of how TV should have a show about accountants like they do for lawyers. Like Law and Order, and CSI… He goes into this “Brad Pitt could play an accountant trying to get to the bottom of this mess, trying to sort out these mark to market shenanigans”

He was really funny this morning. He really likes talking about this stuff, and he says it is very important to pay attention to all of this because eventually the lawyers are going to go after the accountants because since these companies no longer have any money, they will naturally go after the ones that do. Accounting firms.[/quote]

Hahahaha. That’s really funny. He’s right about going after the accountants. A lot of the securities laws, especially post-SOX, were purposely written to hold accountants and underwriters who dropped the ball liable. To make them more accountable and careful. But also because they have deep pockets since a lot of the time the companies and officers and directors themselves won’t have any money left once the corporate fraud comes to light and/or does its damage.

It is very scary to find that this video has been pulled from every where I cannot find it…The one on youtube.com no longer works…

[quote]pat wrote:
It is very scary to find that this video has been pulled from every where I cannot find it…The one on youtube.com no longer works…[/quote]

Stupid NBC. This really annoys me and is blatant partisian bullshit. They didn’t bother to pull any videos for copyright infringement that were exclusively critical of republicans. I wonder if NBC tried to punish Lorne Michaels somehow for letting it air in the first place.

Well, at least all the ‘mainstream liberal newspapers’ are commenting on it and criticizing them for it.

[quote]pat wrote:
It is very scary to find that this video has been pulled from every where I cannot find it…The one on youtube.com no longer works…[/quote]

You can download the whole episode on mininova.

http://www.mininova.org/

You think the man can stop me from watching HBO just because I am not in the US?

YouTube has changed their rules in the past year. Copyright infringement is a big issue, so I’m not surprised it’s been removed, partisanship notwithstanding.

I’ve saved so many YouTube favorites to my harddrive over the past 2 years, and I was disappointed to find many are no longer there when I click the link.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
jsbrook wrote:

He was really funny this morning. He really likes talking about this stuff, and he says it is very important to pay attention to all of this because eventually the lawyers are going to go after the accountants because since these companies no longer have any money, they will naturally go after the ones that do. Accounting firms.[/quote]

True. It’s going to be all about the auditors. I’d be curious to see what kind of opinions they gave last year for these companies. At this year end, they’re going to make sure they cover their asses so they don’t go down like Arthur Andersen.

Found it!!!

http://www.snlbailout.cx/

Soros is great there.
“Owner, Democratic Party”