T Nation

SNL - Palin & Hillary

Simply hilarious.

That was good.

Tina Fey nailed Palin. That was great.

LOL!

Tina Fey DOES have Palin nailed; down to that Canadian/Alaskan drawl!

Mufasa

Just a “bump”! (Because its funny!)

Mufasa

Yeah, I’ve watched it three times (news clips aside) and still laugh each time. I wish the rest of SNL was this good.

And now McCain is whining big time about it.

The portrait was very dismissive of the substance of Sarah Palin, and so in that sense, they were defining Hillary Clinton as very substantive, and Sarah Palin as totally superficial, McCain advisor Carly Fiorina told MSNBCs Andrea Mitchell on Monday. I think that continues the line of argument that is disrespectful in the extreme, and yes I would say sexist.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26743182/

SNL has been bagging all politicians since they started and McCain is the first to ever whine about it. Even Bush was a fan of his send-ups.

Yeah, you forgot to post the next part of that article, Warrior:

[quote]Palin, on the other hand, found the sketch amusing, according to her spokesperson. The governor and the press corps watched the sketch in the back of her plane, laughing at Tina and Amy�??s satirical take on the two politicians.

�??She thought it was quite funny, particularly because she once dressed up as Tina Fey for Halloween,�?? Palin spokesperson Tracey Schmitt told CBS.[/quote]

Despite all the complaints about McCain “whining”, I couldn’t find a single McCain quote in the article. I expect advisors and such to point out when a candidate gets treated unfairly. This is another molehill.

Also, Tina Fey could be Palin’s twin, she did a great job with the impression. It doesn’t surprise me one bit that SNL would try to make the Republican look ditzy and insubstantial compared to the “serious female candidate” Clinton. I quit watching SNL when it quit being funny. So, it’s been a LONG time.

Tina Fey is the worst thing that ever happened to SNL.

It was hysterical. Great caricature of both of them and the first funny thing SNL’s put out in a very long time.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
And now McCain is whining big time about it.

The portrait was very dismissive of the substance of Sarah Palin, and so in that sense, they were defining Hillary Clinton as very substantive, and Sarah Palin as totally superficial, McCain advisor Carly Fiorina told MSNBCs Andrea Mitchell on Monday. I think that continues the line of argument that is disrespectful in the extreme, and yes I would say sexist.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26743182/

SNL has been bagging all politicians since they started and McCain is the first to ever whine about it. Even Bush was a fan of his send-ups.
[/quote]

I feel bad fopr McCain and Palin, not