T Nation

Sniper Owned

sucks to be him

jet

Sweet!! That’ll be the last time he tries to kill our soldiers!!

So do you think CNN will do a ducumentary on this like and show the death of a terrorist who was trying to kill our guys like they did of the terrorists snipers killing our soldiers…?

Yeah probably not.

I doubt this insurgent was a terrorist. Don’t let George Bush’s existential import of the word color your opinion too much.

barrett .50 anyone ?

more snipers/scouts pwned.

[quote]HardcoreHorn wrote:
I doubt this insurgent was a terrorist. Don’t let George Bush’s existential import of the word color your opinion too much.[/quote]

Yes. Because George Bush is against terrorism shooting innocent people, setting off bombs in mosques and marketplaces and any other act of murder meant to terrorize the civilian populace is no longer considered terrorism.

It seems your dislike of George Bush has shifted your perception.

For the last time, let us define our terms.

If an insurgent kills civilians or attacks civilian targets, he is a terrorist.

If an insurgent kills enemy soldiers or attacks military targets, he is a guerrilla.

And if a soldier rapes or kills civilian non-combatants, he is a war criminal.

I thought everyone knew this.

For you anti-military folks:
Unless you served, STFU

[quote]swivel wrote:
barrett .50 anyone ?

more snipers/scouts pwned.[/quote]

The God Gun.

Those guys have some extrordinary skills.

Way better than numchuchs.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
And if a soldier rapes or kills civilian non-combatants, he is a war criminal.[/quote]

Damn, I had Abu Ghraib prison guard for that one.

My bad.

[quote]reconbyfire wrote:
Unless you served, STFU[/quote]

You must be new here.

[quote]reconbyfire wrote:
Unless you served, STFU[/quote]

Served when, who and to what end?

[quote]pookie wrote:
reconbyfire wrote:
Unless you served, STFU

You must be new here.[/quote]

Yea, I’m scratching my head looking for an anti-military post. He must be new to more than just T-Nation.

Can’t we all just agree that video taped violence is awesome?

The video seemed to be two segments edited together, in that the smoke and dust cloud from the 120 had already cleared when the building exploded. That’s an awfully loooooong delayed detonation on that shell, if it was in fact the tank round that totalled the building. Hedo? You out there? What do you think?

I hope there were more insurgents in that building than just that one guy. A single camel jockey with a Kalashnikov seems a rather non-sporting target for an M1 Abrams tank.

You can see the HEAT/MPAT round from the tank detonate on the wall of the building.

The larger detonation is probably either a bomb or a guided MLRS (200 lb) rocket.

I’m sure the delay in clips is due to the reaction time delay from whoever launched the larger munition. We’d all be pretty bored watching several minutes of a Bradley and an Abrams sitting in the street waiting on the big boom.

Still, well done.

[quote]pwilliams wrote:
You can see the HEAT/MPAT round from the tank detonate on the wall of the building.

The larger detonation is probably either a bomb or a guided MLRS (200 lb) rocket.

[/quote]

That’s what I figured after watching the video again. I wonder what the cost of an airstrike or a guided rocket is compared to the training and equipment cost of a single Iraqi sniper. Like I said, I hope that blast took out a whole shitload of 'em.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
pwilliams wrote:

That’s what I figured after watching the video again. I wonder what the cost of an airstrike or a guided rocket is compared to the training and equipment cost of a single Iraqi sniper. Like I said, I hope that blast took out a whole shitload of 'em.
[/quote]

I agree but it is still better than risking a soldiers life to fight them with lower tech methods.

Asymmetrical warfare.

It was a bomb dropped. Right before it it exploded you can se something zip downward. Watch it again.