Snatches in This Routine?

Ok so I pretty much love doing snatches, one of my favorite exercises by far. Here is a current workout routine that I do, and I was wondering if I could incorporate dumbbell/barbell snatches into it.

In this routine for shoulders it uses dumbbell standing military press. Would dumbbell snatches be a good alternative? My reasoning for this is I would like exercise because it works my traps too. What do ya’ll think? The article says not to ADD any movements to the routine, so work to just use snatches as an alternative to military press?

i’d stay put it before the DL’s but i mean why follow exactly what the article is saying? if you feel like u could recover, then the more the marryer.

[quote]howie424 wrote:
Ok so I pretty much love doing snatches, [/quote]

What man doesn’t?

[quote]mr popular wrote:
howie424 wrote:
Ok so I pretty much love doing snatches,

What man doesn’t?[/quote]

oh cmon mr. popular that was toooo easy

[quote]howie424 wrote:
Ok so I pretty much love doing snatches, one of my favorite exercises by far. Here is a current workout routine that I do, and I was wondering if I could incorporate dumbbell/barbell snatches into it.

In this routine for shoulders it uses dumbbell standing military press. Would dumbbell snatches be a good alternative? My reasoning for this is I would like exercise because it works my traps too. What do ya’ll think? The article says not to ADD any movements to the routine, so work to just use snatches as an alternative to military press?[/quote]

I wouldn’t replace the presses with the snatches. True the lockout is a good squeeze, but for bodybuilding purposes I don’t think you’d get enough actual stress on the delts to make the same progress. Surely you can add them in there somewhere without sacrificing the presses. One extra exercise can’t throw off an entire program that much.

I just finished a weekend CSCS workshop, and this was actually a nice little hands on section (teaching olympic lifts, and how they translate to sports). The reason most coaches have their athletes perform this type of movement in the first place is because developing explosive strength and speed translates to pretty much any specific sport. For bodybuilding purposes, however, my personal opinion is that you may want to focus more on an exercise that places your muscles under stress for a longer duration.

S

Well probably my main reason for wanting to add this exercise, is becuase I love the effect it has on my traps. Maybe since this is a bodybuilding routine, I should just throw in some shrugs?