Snatch Grip High Pull Form Check

I posted my power snatch vids in the Oly section. Here’s the link in case one of you or anyone would be so gracious as to check those out. 10 doubles right before the SGHP’s, I have vids of two of the sets. Again, sorry about the lighting and potato quality.

After I watched the video of my SGHP, I started making an effort to keep the bar closer and make sure my hips actually contact the bar and that seemed to help improve the issue of pulling the bar backwards too much. I think I was compensating for having the bar too far forward so I pulled back in the vid u saw. No vid of that set b/c my battery died at that point.

I’ll have to try making a conscious effort on contracting those calves hard for the plantarflexion. I don’t have anything to make blocks out of. I have been doing hip snatches to work the speed end of the speed->power->strength spectrum.

For the purpose of incorporating the advice y’all have given me, making the movement more explosive, and more volume/TUT I’ll bump the weight down 20lb and add a set or two to the 5x5 I’m already doing. This will also give me more opportunities to practice technique. I don’t feel comfortable going over 5 reps with this movement at this time because it’s still a relatively high skill movement and I’ve only been doing it for a month ever.