Snatch Grip Deadlifts with Bands

Anyone done them? Thinking of utilizing them for power in the hips and posterior chain.

Since nobody’s provided an answer at this point…

I’ve not done snatch-grip deads with bands. I played with snatch-grip deads with chains a bit, and while I understand they’re not the same, I’d say they’re similar enough.

I would say it’s a useful exercise for upper and mid-back strength and stability, but not particularly great for the hips.

Conventional-grip mat/rack/block pulls with chains would be a better option as it increases the load toward the lockout and the limited ROM will let you overload it some. I imagine bands would be the same.

However, there are more traditional exercises for doing that like GHRs and RDLs, and these are likely a better option.

When you say power, do you mean speed? And are you looking for speed off the floor or another part of lift?

Or are you just asking whether it’s a good exercise to build up the hips and P-chain overall?

The latter is more what I was asking about. Thanks for the responses from you both, though.

The way I feel about it is that if you’re doing something fancy you need a very specific reason behind it.

For just building up the P-chain in general, I think you’re much better off with movements like deadlifts, GMs, RDLs, SLDLs, regular snatch grip deadlifts, and rows.

What if you wanted to incorporate an element of explosiveness and acceleration? Say for instance in a jumping event?

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
The way I feel about it is that if you’re doing something fancy you need a very specific reason behind it.

For just building up the P-chain in general, I think you’re much better off with movements like deadlifts, GMs, RDLs, SLDLs, regular snatch grip deadlifts, and rows. [/quote]

I can agree with this.

When I said Partial ROM Pulls w/Chains are probably a better option than SGDLs with bands for building power/strength in the hips, I meant exactly that. It’s a better option, relatively.

It doesn’t mean it’s a good option.

There’s a reason that gyms who actually have access to chains and bands choose to do GMs, RDLs, GHRs etc instead.

[quote]bmcinnis96 wrote:
What if you wanted to incorporate an element of explosiveness and acceleration? Say for instance in a jumping event? [/quote]

… then you train jumps?

Alright, thanks for the insight